What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 26/07/2024 19:29

Posted on 26/07/2024 19:29

Arrived at Melrose Gibson site yesterday.  We've spent today having a look around the area... managed to find the William Wallace statue, Scotts View, Trimontium Roman Fort Site, and a little look around Melrose.  Weather hasn't been too bad.... a little cloudy with the sun occasionally breaking through... a couple of very, very light showers too... but it didn't stop me getting out the Cadac and eating outside this evening...

David

KjellNN replied on 26/07/2024 20:29

Posted on 26/07/2024 20:29

Have now almost reached the other side of the lounge, so need to deal with that doorway.  Unscrewed the door, then could not move it, it must weigh about 50kg!  Presumably a fire door, really solid.

OH came down to help DD sort out what she needs to order for all the work to be done, so one more task completed.  Over to DD to get everything ordered up in good time.

Now watching Olympic opening and snoozing in my chair, more snoozing than watching I think!

moulesy replied on 26/07/2024 21:00

Posted on 26/07/2024 21:00

I haven't posted much lately, but I have been reading and interested in everyone's posts. Glad that all the trips seem to be going well and that all the illnesses/maladies seem at least to be being dealt with (there does seem to be a renewed sense of optimism about the future of the NHS - wonder why that is? wink)

This weekend we are celebrating our Golden Wedding Anniversary and we are treating ourselves (and Ralph) to a rather nice hotel on Dartmoor, a stone's throw from Castle Drogo for those who know the area. Nice and peaceful, no mobile reception but good WiFi! Today we walked along through the Teign gorge to Fingle Bridge, a lovely stretch of the river. And back to the hotel for a Devonshire Cream tea (although I have to admit that I did put the jam on first!) Great food and wine here too - but sadly and totally coincidentally my trousers seem to have shrunk around the waistline! laughing

Planning to walk in the opposite direction to Chagford tomorrow and then climb Meldon Hill - well that's the theory anyway! surprised

Cornersteady replied on 26/07/2024 21:04

Posted on 26/07/2024 21:00 by moulesy

I haven't posted much lately, but I have been reading and interested in everyone's posts. Glad that all the trips seem to be going well and that all the illnesses/maladies seem at least to be being dealt with (there does seem to be a renewed sense of optimism about the future of the NHS - wonder why that is? wink)

This weekend we are celebrating our Golden Wedding Anniversary and we are treating ourselves (and Ralph) to a rather nice hotel on Dartmoor, a stone's throw from Castle Drogo for those who know the area. Nice and peaceful, no mobile reception but good WiFi! Today we walked along through the Teign gorge to Fingle Bridge, a lovely stretch of the river. And back to the hotel for a Devonshire Cream tea (although I have to admit that I did put the jam on first!) Great food and wine here too - but sadly and totally coincidentally my trousers seem to have shrunk around the waistline! laughing

Planning to walk in the opposite direction to Chagford tomorrow and then climb Meldon Hill - well that's the theory anyway! surprised

Posted on 26/07/2024 21:04

Huge congratulations to you both. Have a great time.

Tinwheeler replied on 26/07/2024 21:15

Posted on 26/07/2024 21:04 by Cornersteady

Huge congratulations to you both. Have a great time.

Posted on 26/07/2024 21:15

+1

or should that be +50? 😀

Good to hear the Cornish tradition of jam first has stuck with you, M.

Wherenext replied on 26/07/2024 21:33

Posted on 26/07/2024 21:33

Congrats Moulesy to you and Mrs.M. 

We know the area well. I also remember my dear Father-in-Law ringing me from near Fingles Bridge one year to ask what he had to do as he had come off worst from a slight altercation with the bridge itself whilst driving. Beautiful part of the world to spoil yourselves in. 

ps we're a jam first couple. Too messy the other way. Tin Hat on.surprisedlaughing

nelliethehooker replied on 26/07/2024 21:42

Posted on 26/07/2024 21:42

All the best from me too, Moulesy, on your golden anniversary, and to both of the RKs for your birthdays.

Pleased to hear thst the graduation ceremony went well, Debs. Has your grandson a job to go to, more studying or research for him, as I expect there are fairly limited options for astrophysicists?

Well done with all the work you have been doing, Kjell, you will need another holiday once the project is complete. 

We like the area around Melrose, David, as there are lots of interesting places to visit and some good walk too.

heddlo replied on 27/07/2024 08:31

Posted on 26/07/2024 21:00 by moulesy

Posted on 27/07/2024 08:31

Many congratulations to you both on your Golden Wedding Anniversary.  The cream tea looks amazing!   We celebrated ours during the start of lockdown and had a virtual get together with some family members I arranged to have a cream tea sent by post to each of them and we ate together during the ‘chat’.  Didn't look as good as yours though.  Enjoy the rest of your stay in Devon.  

Congratulations on your grandson’s achievement DEBSC. Does he have a plan for his future career?   Our son got a degree in Geography and economics and his first job was in IT (can’t remember how that came about now) which has stood him in good stead for nearly 30 years now!  

Crumbs!!!  you have hit the ground running after your holiday Kj.  I think the snoozing through the Olympic opening ceremony was the best plan. 😉😂

milliehull replied on 27/07/2024 08:55

Posted on 27/07/2024 08:55

Many congratulations Mr and Mrs M. Absolutely beautiful photos. Lovely part of the world. The cream tea looks delicious but I must admit I am a cream first person. Years and years of holidays in Devon. Enjoy spoiling yourselves ( and Ralph).

Well done to your grandson DEBSC. I had to smile at your comment about him being very intelligent but forgetting some of his belongings. I do find sometimes that the more intelligent they are the more disorganised they are! 

Pleased to hear that you are safely home KjellNN despite the confusion at the airport. I think sleeping through the opening ceremony of the Olympics was the best plan. We switched on and it seemed to just a procession of boats on the Seine with the athletes on in ponchos because it was teeming with rain so we decided we would rather watch Gardeners World. 😁

DSB replied on 27/07/2024 09:34

Posted on 27/07/2024 09:34

Many congratulations for your wedding anniversary, Mr & Mrs Mousley, and to your grandson, Debsc.  Happy birthday to Mr & Mrs RedKite, for earlier on this week. Great to read about the good news.  All the best with your continuing work KjellNN.  We didn't watch the opening of the Olympics... and from what I've heard, I don't think we missed much!! 😀

A dull morning here in the Scottish Borders - and we had some rain here over night.  Fingers crossed it might brighten up a bit later... It looks like our best day might be tomorrow, which just happend to be our travelling day!!  

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook