What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 12/07/2024 16:55

Posted on 12/07/2024 16:55

Home to a load of washing. Have to clean The Van this weekend.

There was a crash on the M6 near the Liverpool/Manchester interchange so we slipped off by Haydock and came home via a route through St.Helens and Runcorn. ETA, prior to the crash, turned out to be the same.

Enjoyed the break, even if the weather wasn't great.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/07/2024 01:20

Posted on 13/07/2024 01:20

Have a lovely time at NYM, Perry’s Nursery is a good place to visit down in Ruswarp👍
Hope you had a good week WN, nice to get out again after all your stressful months.

We have been to see Peter Kay tonight, absolutely hilarious and brilliant. He’s funnier than ever, and a wonderful night out. 

Francis replied on 13/07/2024 10:05

Posted on 13/07/2024 10:05

TDA - I love Peter Kay we went to see him in Manchester during his tour of 2010 and thought he was brilliant. Good to see him back out working again after a long break.

We had a good day yesterday I was out a cycle in the morning then we went to Cheddar in the afternoon dull but warm so we had a nice walk around the shops in the village and of course a drive up the gorge with its wonderful scenery. Got some burgers and chops from the butchers in Cheddar so cooked them on the Cadac when we got back to the van they were excellent the rest of the evening was spent sitting out in the awning watching the world go by.. It’s very warm and sunny here this morning so hopefully that lasts for the day now.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend 

Takethedogalong replied on 13/07/2024 14:49

Posted on 13/07/2024 14:49

We had long waited to see Peter Kay live, had last nights tickets nearly two years, but oh so worth the wait. Huge gasp as he took to the stage, he’s lost a lot of weight, so you had to adjust what you expected a bit, but oh so very very funny. Lots of new stuff, funny homages to his early days. The whole audience was in tears at one point, then up joining in the fun the next. A proper night out to remember.

Thats the last of our long planned events for the moment, so I am busy finding others for us to do, as we cannot get away at the moment. Sports, music, theatre, close to home train rides, classic car shows, rock and gem shows, flower shows, trying to convince OH he might enjoy ballet (he has been before). 

Takethedogalong replied on 13/07/2024 17:09

Posted on 13/07/2024 15:49 by DavidKlyne

trying to convince OH he might enjoy ballet

Perhaps La Fille mal gardée might persuade him? 

David

Posted on 13/07/2024 17:09

😁It might DK. We have been to a few together, but last one was Swan Lake, which in truth, the music is excellent, the dancing usually excellent, but the “story” is a bit naff. I need to find something like Romeo and Juliet to get him back again.

It might just be payback for me being a bit underwhelmed by all the classic car shows we have been too lately. I can only do so many Austin Morris “Landcrabs” per month🤣 I tend to take my bike to some we go to, and have a bike ride while he does the car show. I do enjoy car shows, but not the ones that have rows and rows of nice but same models ie dozens of MGB’s or Morris Minors. I like seeing the big American classics, and love vintage/restored tourers. 

Wherenext replied on 13/07/2024 18:22

Posted on 13/07/2024 18:22

Best ballet (there's not been that many!) I've seen was on the TV at Christmas time, I think. It was Hobsons Choice and all dancing done in clogs. Brilliant. Always enjoyed the old film with Charles Laughton and OH still has the book that she got decades ago.

We needed restocking and I didn't fancy joining the weekend scrum so was up and out by 7 this morning. Probably got up too early as by the time I'd shopped, showered and eaten breakfast there was too much time left in the morning so had an extended weeding session, which to be honest did me in for the rest of the day.

Like David K we've been selling off bits of touring equipment, mainly on facebook. Now left with some bits, like Aquaroll and Collapz pipes for waste. We do have a seriously good Isabella windbreak that will go on FB when we get around to putting it up to take some photos of it. Ironically we did give it away to friends who gave it back to us when they packed in their touring last year. So, we literally can't even give it away!🤣

Glad you got to see Peter Kay Ttda. He is genuinely funny.

Holiday seems to be going well Francis. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 13/07/2024 20:50

Posted on 13/07/2024 20:50

Had a busy day catching up with a few household jobs, including the pile of ironing, all the dry holiday washing. OH was in the garden hedge trimming. Did watch some of the women's tennis this afternoon.

My car now has nice new brake pipes, but we discovered that it will need 4 not 2 new tyres for the MOT. At least the insurance renewal premium is the same price as last year, was expecting it to be more so a pleasant surprise. 

Lonely to read everyone has or is enjoying their trips and that the weather hasn't spoilt things too much, this summer still hasn't arrived, we haven't had much rain here,but it has been cloudy and not particularly warm either.

Glad you finally got to enjoy seeing Peter Kay Ttda,  we haven't managed to get to any classic car shows this year, our MG hasn't been out much either this year.

Good luck selling the last of your caravan bits Wherenext.

DavidKlyne replied on 13/07/2024 21:09

Posted on 13/07/2024 21:09

I am more or less down to the last few items to sell. The back box went on Thursday and a couple of Fiamma bike rack arms went today. I think with some items you need someone local to want them. I am surprised how many "clicks" something gets but doesn't result in any offers? 

On the subject of Ballet I have been to a couple as Margaret likes them but I much prefer Opera. Many years ago they did big opera productions at the Royal Albert Hall and our Social Secretary at work would organise trips, lovely when someone else does all the work!!! Was once very lucky to be given a trip for Margaret and I to go to Glyndebourne for some anniversary at work. Not sure I would have been willing to pay for it myself as the trip was very expensive!

David

nelliethehooker replied on 13/07/2024 21:39

Posted on 13/07/2024 21:39

Yesterday was another dry day and we drove over to Easby Abbey, where we had a walk along the old railway line to Richmond Train Station. After lunch we visited St Agatha's Church,  to view the wall paintings and the replica of it's 7/8 century cross, before we had a wander around the Abbey complex.

Apologies for the jumble of photos as I have not figured out how to place them in their proper order.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook