What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 09/07/2024 21:06

Posted on 09/07/2024 21:06

I think I am finding my way round the new dishwasher and like you  DK I think there is only 1 or maybe 2 programmes we shall use. Good tip to run it on a hot wash about once a week. It is also WiFi enabled but I cant think I would ever use it. Our previous dishwasher was a basic Bosch and we have gone up a grade or two with this one which is probably why it is more complicated.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday despite the weather Helen. It has been raining on and off all day today but quite humid. We stayed near Masham in a cottage with our son and family last year nellie. Lovely area. Is the Black Sheep brewery still.open? They were in trouble last year. Some years ago when we were in that area with the caravan we did more or less the same walk as you from Middleham Castle. We hardly saw another soul.

DSB replied on 09/07/2024 21:24

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57 by Oneputt

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Posted on 09/07/2024 21:24

I've not met with a Wi-Fi enabled dishwasher before Millie!  Sounds wonderful...  I guess that means you can ask Alexa to wash up!!  🤣🤣

David

milliehull replied on 09/07/2024 21:48

Posted on 09/07/2024 21:24 by DSB

I've not met with a Wi-Fi enabled dishwasher before Millie!  Sounds wonderful...  I guess that means you can ask Alexa to wash up!!  🤣🤣

David

Posted on 09/07/2024 21:48

I wish David 🤣🤣

nelliethehooker replied on 09/07/2024 21:49

Posted on 09/07/2024 21:49

Millie, they are still advertising the Brewery tours and selling the beer in the local pubs so I guess it is still open. 

Just like you, OP, we still stick with washing up by hand. Anyway there's no room in the caravan to fit a dishwasher, and I have never seen one that works on 12v as well as mains electricity.

It has been a very wet here for most of the day, although it did slacken off in the late afternoon before starting again. We just had a run out to Catterick Bridge to replenish stocks before our next move. This CL is definitely one we wouldn't hesitate in using again.

Francis replied on 09/07/2024 22:12

Posted on 09/07/2024 22:12

Glad you had a nice time away Helen. I agree about Morecombe we visited there last year when we were staying at Blackpool it was ok for a walk around but we wouldn’t rush back.

We have had a good day today it’s been raining on and off but we went to Glastonbury spent a nice couple of hours walking round the town we have been to Glastonbury a few times and love it people just wander around without a care in the world and don’t care what people think it’s just so laid back we may go back next week for another visit when the weather is better and take the walk up to the tor. Fish and chip van on site tonight so we had dinner from there save cooking then watched the football what a good game best of the tournament so far. Weather looking a bit more promising for the rest of the week fingers crossed 

glad you are enjoying your trip Nellie 

DEBSC replied on 09/07/2024 22:14

Posted on 09/07/2024 22:14

Oh flip what an afternoon. Supposed to be picking granddaughter up from Tiverton station, but she was sent by her GP to hospital for blood tests so phoned to say that she would get a later train. Meanwhile OH was at our GP for an appointment when I got a phone call from him to say he was being sent straight to hospital for an emergency CT scan on his previous aneurism operation site. Called granddaughter back and agreed that she would change at Exeter, and come to Barnstaple station and her sister would pick her up but this put 2 hours on her journey, which worried me. I then drove OH and we arrived at A&E at 5pm and left at 8.45. The nurses were just lovely, I even got a cup of tea. Lots of tests done and then the scan. Then both granddaughters turned up on their way home as worried about their grandad. They were allowed in to see him in bed in A&E. Our granddaughter has been in so many times some of the nurses recognised her. They had just left and the Dr arrived to say that a small problem that they would just keep an eye on but no real problems, such a relief. Driving him home I owned up to how worried I had been, he then said, yes annoying I’ve missed most of the football! Nurses, were just lovely in there so caring and kind and they do have a lot to put up with sometimes, all credit to them.

Wherenext replied on 10/07/2024 16:26

Posted on 10/07/2024 16:26

Oh Debsc how you must wish for a quiet uneventful spell, even just a week where everything runs smoothly and there are no emergencies. Best wishes.

Another rainy morning in the Lakes, so we set off to Farfield Mill and Heritage centre just outside Sedbergh, where we managed to find enough to keep us interested for 3+ hours. The Mill used to be a weaving mill and it still has some machinery in it, unfortunately not working, but the place has been taken over by small entrepreneurs making and selling all sorts of higher class goods, such as glassware, jewellery, woollen items including rugs, art galleries etc. Ttda would love it.

They handily have a decent tea shop where I tried a Chickpea, chilli and lime soup for lunch. Interesting and quite satisfying.

Still raining when we returned. Raining over in Sedbergh as well. Missing In Action - Summer!

Farfield Mill

milliehull replied on 10/07/2024 20:56

Posted on 10/07/2024 20:56

So sorry to hear about another stressful day for you yesterday DEBSC  Such a worry for you. All the best to you and your OH. I hope the rest of the week passes peacefully for you.

My car wouldnt start a few days ago. It needed a new battery - I cant remember the last time it had a new battery. Car now fine but the radio now wont work 🥺. We have tried putting in the code we have been given but no luck so I will have to take it to the Renault garage sometime to ask for their  assistance. It seems to be one thing after another at the moment.

nelliethehooker replied on 10/07/2024 21:41

Posted on 10/07/2024 21:41

So sorry to hear of more hospital visits for your nearest and dearest, Debs, but pleased that your OH's problem is not too serious. It must be a great relief for you all. All my best wishes.

Hope you had a better day today, Francis, and you were able to get out and about without getting wet.

That mill is not somewhere we have visited, WN. Hope that the ladies found a few bits to satisfy their interest that were not too expensive. It is just a shame that the weather hasn't been very good for your stay in the Lakes.

We had a few prolonged and loud claps of thunder late last night followed by a short period of very heavy rain. Thankfully it was dry for most of today with only the odd shower this morning. We moved not very far from the CL to a THS at Leyburn,, where we are pitched up with a grand view across to Middleham. 

RedKite replied on 11/07/2024 14:18

Posted on 11/07/2024 14:18

Sorry to hear your news Debsc and hope things pick up soon.

Well another very hot day here 36.1C on weather station phew did a few things outside am but now too hot even the air coming through the windows is very warm and now on orange alert for severe storms overnight batten down the hatches me thinks.

Hope the tour does not encounter any of the storms as they are coming through our area did think of going but not in this heat so will watch on tv as I have recorded it.

Great photos Nth.

Off to friends on Sunday for a light lunch and it is Bastille day and our village have their local fete so there will be some loud music Saturday night to listen to.

Just fed up with this silly tiny font then it goes into a larger font when you hit reply heyho progress I think not.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook