What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 09/06/2024 06:55

Posted on 09/06/2024 06:55

"Sorry to hear of your OH's fall and broken wrist. Hope that the hospital are swift in getting the operation done and that you both are able to get away as planned, Rufs"

what a brilliant service the NHS is, 2130 hrs last night telephone call from orthopedics Queen Alexander Hospital Portsmouth, if you can get your wife to hospital 0730 hrs today Sunday 9th she will be seen by bone doctor with a view to doing an operation today, as i type she is on her way to hospital with daughter who is a practice nurse, i am useless in hospitals so daughter volunteered, beautiful day in Stubbers just hope we have a great result today, tks to all for your wishes.

Bakers2 replied on 09/06/2024 08:34

Posted on 09/06/2024 08:34

Wow Rufus what fabulous service from the NHS. Hope it all goes to plan and she makes a good recovery 🤞 for your holiday.

Beautiful start to the day here weatherwise, but cold wind again. Clouds seem to be gathering again. Still, we have been dry for several days on the trot.

Village carnival yesterday was a great success. the weather was kind except for the keen wind and an attempt at drizzle. The theme was Wild West, and it was well reflected. Our grandson won best dressed child in the carnival apparently. No further info son puzzled as he didn't know he was entered 😂😂😂. His nursery were cactus 🌵, but the Brownie leader made him a horse and cowboy hat. His mum wore the cactus bib and did his scooter up as his horse, so he scooted all the way.

Good to see photos and read news. I'm off to walk the dog whilst it's lovely. I know she didn't get much of a walk yesterday.... A good drying day, so might do the bedding but the garden calls - my kind of relaxing...

RedKite replied on 09/06/2024 09:11

Posted on 09/06/2024 09:11

Sorry to hear about your OH's accident and hope she has a good result today and excellent  that she is having treatment earlier than you thought.

Great photos Nth and the wood carving is amazing not sure if you saw my photos I put on here last week of Ripple church as I know you like churches, will put some more in the next couple of days.

Got back from our short trip to Obterre yesterday and it got warmer as we came south and a lot of Dutch cars, caravans and motorhomes on their way and a lot going north, we did stop at Camping Montreal for Friday night and had an awful storm early yesterday 7am to 8am well the pitches were in a bad state already and will be even more and the owners said they wish folk would take care in driving on and off pitches (now where have I heard that before) but we were on a small hardstanding and no problems thankfully but did get there early.

Glad I did two loads of washing yesterday and it dried very quickly in the sun and heat as it was 31.5C in the afternoon but cooler today and a storm on its way and looks like we may have a period of rain on and off for rest of the month what has happened to summer.

vbfg replied on 09/06/2024 10:23

Posted on 09/06/2024 06:55 by Rufs

"Sorry to hear of your OH's fall and broken wrist. Hope that the hospital are swift in getting the operation done and that you both are able to get away as planned, Rufs"

what a brilliant service the NHS is, 2130 hrs last night telephone call from orthopedics Queen Alexander Hospital Portsmouth, if you can get your wife to hospital 0730 hrs today Sunday 9th she will be seen by bone doctor with a view to doing an operation today, as i type she is on her way to hospital with daughter who is a practice nurse, i am useless in hospitals so daughter volunteered, beautiful day in Stubbers just hope we have a great result today, tks to all for your wishes.

Posted on 09/06/2024 10:23

You are correct it is a brilliant service which many people criticise, but forget that numerous people do actually receive excellent care. 

Many of us will remember the "Doctor" films in the 50s/60s with the fictional Sir Lancelot Spratt, who treated patients with derision and as little more than ill educated specimins, as that is how many consultants and doctors really did treat patients in those days. 

After my mother had a mastectomy in 1991, I was astonished when the Consultant from Clatterbridge actually phoned to speak to her about her treatment and of course nowadays it is no longer unusual for patients to be contacted at home.

Best wishes for your OHs treatment. 

Tinwheeler replied on 09/06/2024 10:41

Posted on 09/06/2024 10:41

The NHS is brilliant in some ways but not so in others. At hospital level it is inconsistent which may be due to lack of staff or resources and it is certainly let down in our area by poor admin. The saving grace here is first class primary care.

Francis replied on 09/06/2024 14:00

Posted on 09/06/2024 14:00

We are not long back from a nice weekend at Ayr Craigie club site had an enjoyable time weather not great but nice to be away in the van. Easy half hour tow home today got van back in it’s space on the drive. We have a lot on over the next three weekends so won’t be away again now until our main 3 week summer trip at the beginning of July. Not much planned for the rest of today 

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend 

moulesy replied on 09/06/2024 17:54

Posted on 09/06/2024 17:54

A great day out at Wembley yesterday. 70000 in the stadium and 3 exciting games to reward them for turning up ... well for the main match anyway. But again it was disappointing how sparse the attendance was for the women's final - those girls are very skillful and it's a pity they still don't get the recognition they deserve.

Good to see that the minute's silence before each game and the minute's applause 7 minutes in were all impeccably observed - the rugby league family truly coming together to pay tribute to Rob Burrow.

Takethedogalong replied on 09/06/2024 19:11

Posted on 09/06/2024 19:11

Hopefully women’s rugby will benefit from the kind of TV coverage that women’s football now gets M, that is a key factor in attracting live spectators. Women’s football, particularly big finals, and International’s attract very big crowds. 

We are back home from Burrs. Very nice three nights away, but very cold t’other side of Pennines🥶 Noticeably warmer once we came down off the M62. MH all unpacked, tidied, washing done and drying. Site had emptied a good deal by time we left at 11.59. 

I have had an hour in garden as well, very dry. Deadheading and watering.

milliehull replied on 09/06/2024 19:52

Posted on 09/06/2024 19:52

We too have had an afternoon in the garden tda. Had to do quite a bit of watering as there has been a very drying wind this week. I also did quite a bit of cutting back and deadheading. Brought some flowers indoors to put in a vase. As we are going away at the weekend I thought we might as well enjoy them indoors and it would save too much deadheading when we get back. Glad you had a good weekend away.

There was a great display of Jaguar cars on the Cathedral green today, both old and new. Some really lovely cars there. OH had a wonderful time browsing round them. After a lovely sunny start to the day it quickly changed to very cloudy and grey with a very chilly breeze.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/06/2024 21:41

Posted on 09/06/2024 21:41

We are back home from Burrs. Very nice three nights away, but very cold t’other side of Pennines🥶 Noticeably warmer once we came down off the M62. MH all unpacked, tidied, washing done and drying. Site had emptied a good deal by time we left at 11.59. 

You definitely made the most of your time on Burrs, tda!laughing Glad you had a good time and hope that the railway experience lived up to expectations.

Hve a pleasant trip away, Millie, is it back to the Norfolk coast or Yorkshire?

RK, I did see your photos, and said to OH we should definitely visit that church next time we are down that way.

Great service from your NHS Rufs. Hope that the operation went without a hitch.

Moulesy and Francis you both appear to have had a grand weekends.

There weather here was mainly dry, after a wet night, and the sun was out for much of the day. Although the wind has died down somewhat it is still rather chilly. After a morning walk around Fullerton Estate to Crosbie Old Kirkyard, we had another walk on the beach at South Bay, Troon in the afternoon. At the Royal Troon Golf Club the preparation for The British Open, in July, are well under way.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook