What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DSB replied on 16/04/2024 09:58

Posted on 16/04/2024 09:12 by Goldie146

Our milk cows are now OUT OUT! Out during the day and night. The weather may have been dreadful but it’s grown a lot of grass. Albeit a bit wet underfoot.

Posted on 16/04/2024 09:58

πŸ‘πŸ‘ Glad to see that the cows are 'back out' after having such an aweful time...  I'm sure they'll soon have the grass under control... πŸ˜€

David

DSB replied on 16/04/2024 10:01

Posted on 15/04/2024 19:18 by moulesy

My birthday treat from Mrs M this year was a trip to Krakow, a city I've wanted to visit for some time. And that's where I am right now! They have had a heatwave for the past couple of weeks but, typically, today I arrived to overcast skies and a cool wind!

Still, it's great to be here and my hotel is just a couple of minute's walk from the historic city Square which has remained relatively undamaged throughout two world wars and the worst of the communist era.

Had a quick walk around this afternoon to get the lie of the land and tomorrow I've signed up for two (free!) walking tours so will have a more detailed idea about the history of the place then.

Just had a delicious Polish meal of borscht (beetroot soup) followed by perogi (filled dumplings) and disappointed to say that left me no room for a pudding!

Some initial pictures around the main city square.

Posted on 16/04/2024 10:01

Happy birthday, M, and enjoy you visit to Krakow.  Lovely to see the photos.

David

milliehull replied on 16/04/2024 11:20

Posted on 16/04/2024 11:20

Lovely photos moulesy. One of our grand-daughters went to Krakow as part of her 18th birthday celebrations and said what a lovely city it is. Have a wonderful time and Happy Birthday.

Pleased to hear you had such a good time with your little grand-daughter Helen and Trevor. Yes can't they be lively at that age. We spent an afternoon with our 4 year old great grandson last week and he was a bundle of energy I wish I had their energy!

After a few pleasant warm days, yesterday was as predicted terrible - torrential rain, hail and even snow at one point all with very high winds. I hope everyone out and about kept safe. Today is grey with a very cold wind. I managed to dry a lot of washing outside during the nice weather and cleared all the garden pots of the bulbs that had finished. We have had a week of medical appointments - 2 follow up appts for OH - all good thank goodness and a couple for me.  We are certainly getting our moneys worth out of the NHS! I have just received an email saying we can now book for our spring covid booster.

KjellNN replied on 16/04/2024 11:25

Posted on 16/04/2024 11:25

Last day here in Wales, last visit to our friends this afternoon, we will need to go on a diet after being so well fed this week!

The CL was busy when we arrived, but now only us and one other van on site.

The weather has been very mixed, Sunday night was bad with strong winds and noisy hail and rain showers, but today there is quite a bit of sun between the showers.  

Off to Kendal tomorrow, so not a long journey, small detour into Mold required to fill fuel before we go.

Wherenext replied on 16/04/2024 11:38

Posted on 16/04/2024 11:38

Hi Kj. If you are at the CL in Kinnerton then the slightly cheaper fuel can be found at Tesco's at the shopping complex at Broughton. It's always slightly cheaper there than in Mold. 

Wherenext replied on 16/04/2024 11:44

Posted on 16/04/2024 11:44

Had an appointment at the GPs myself yesterday. Would have been happy with an email reply to my query or even a phone call but system not set up that way. Anyway it was a good job I went. More bloods wanted. Have an appointment in a weeks time for that.

We're taking MiL down for her Covid booster on Thursday Millie. Good to hear the follow ups proved to be good.

Sunshine and showers here today. Wind not as fierce as yesterday but cold coming from the NW.

DavidKlyne replied on 16/04/2024 14:46

Posted on 16/04/2024 14:46

Just had a tremendous hailstorm, and some thunder. Strange thing was that the hail wasn't the normal round beads but quite large flakes of ice a bit like heavy snow flakes. It was strong enough to set a nearby car alarm off! Welcome to summer.

David

Rufs replied on 16/04/2024 16:25

Posted on 16/04/2024 14:46 by DavidKlyne

Just had a tremendous hailstorm, and some thunder. Strange thing was that the hail wasn't the normal round beads but quite large flakes of ice a bit like heavy snow flakes. It was strong enough to set a nearby car alarm off! Welcome to summer.

David

Posted on 16/04/2024 16:25

Walked in just a shirt and sweater this afternoon, oh! and my shorts, 14degs wall to wall sunshine, but over the IOW it was looking a bit on the black side cool, must say this neck of the woods generally misses most of the bad weather although the wind was ferocious yesterday yell

caravan now gleaming, professional guy had it done in 2 hours this morning, was impressed, he opened all the windows, roof lights, lockers etc and gave them a good wipe round, and my alloy wheels look like new , all i had to provide was a 240v socket,  impressed.cool

KjellNN replied on 16/04/2024 17:34

Posted on 16/04/2024 11:38 by Wherenext

Hi Kj. If you are at the CL in Kinnerton then the slightly cheaper fuel can be found at Tesco's at the shopping complex at Broughton. It's always slightly cheaper there than in Mold. 

Posted on 16/04/2024 17:34

I think we filled there last time we were here as we were also shopping, but today we were passing Mold anyway so just went there.

No need to shop at all when here unless we run out of milk for breakfast, such is the level of hospitality!

moulesy replied on 16/04/2024 20:02

Posted on 16/04/2024 20:02

The "smart" ( for which, read expensive!) way of seeing the city sights involves 4 (well 8 actually) legged horsepower! (I declined.)

So it's been quite a tiring day with 2 walking tours, the first to one of the richest parts of the city, the former Royal site at Wawel where the former kings and Queens of Poland were crowned. It's also the site of one of the city's great legends - the fire breathing dragon!

And, by contrast, this afternoon, to one of the poorest areas, the old Jewish ghetto where the guide went into great detail about the horrors of the wartime. The most moving sight was the "empty chairs" memorial - 55000 Jews were apparently forced into this small area with just 350 buildings. All the families came with furniture, having been promised they were going to new homes, but of course there was no room so most of it ended up left on the streets. We also visited some of the areas where the film Schindler's List was set.

Tomorrow is Auschwitz & Birkenau which promises to be a tough but very fulfilling day.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook