What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 01/04/2021 18:11

Posted on 01/04/2021 16:41 by ABM

I hope they were not the ones from the shower room, Francis  surprised

Posted on 01/04/2021 18:11

No they are still intact hehe. 

Weather brightened up this afternoon and actually got quite warm so I got the roof rack out and put that on the Volvo along with the bike fitting part so that will be all ready for when the sites open in a few weeks and we can take the bikes it’s a good feeling moving closer to the day we can get away again. Also gave the BBQ a good clean after it’s hibernation so hoping the weather is ok tomorrow 

DEBSC replied on 01/04/2021 18:14

Posted on 01/04/2021 18:14

Just received a phone call from our 16 year old granddaughter, she has just had her Covid jab. She suffers from Postural Tachycardia and faints up to 9 times a day without any warning. Seems while waiting her 15 minutes after the jab she passed out twice. Everyone came running, very kind and concerned, her Mum had to explain. It seems they don't really expect anyone to pass out. Bless her she phoned me up laughing, they said they will be prepared for her next time.

Wherenext replied on 01/04/2021 18:22

Posted on 01/04/2021 18:22

"Have you seen the new RSPB cards? These ones have expired." I asked my sweetest one.

"Check the... Car/Subscription folder in the cabinet/walking trousers/any coats/the shredder/ your other wallet..."

"Not there or there or there etc"

"Let me see the old ones. Um.. What does that say?"

"It says Expiry date Dec 2021"

"What year is it?"

"Oh .....yeah....um..."

It's the pitying look she gave me that made it so much worse as she handed them back to me.embarassed

nelliethehooker replied on 01/04/2021 20:10

Posted on 01/04/2021 20:10

After a lovely warm clear day on Tuesday yesterday, although still warm, was quite hazy, so much so that the Lakeland Hills were not visible. We enjoyed a wander by the shore, along with other dog walkers.

Today was much cooler but clearer, with a bit of a breeze, but I still was able to wear my shorts. Did some painting to spruce up our hall between walks out with Flyte. Not happy with the results so will have to redo them tomorrow.

brue replied on 01/04/2021 20:31

Posted on 01/04/2021 18:22 by Wherenext

"Have you seen the new RSPB cards? These ones have expired." I asked my sweetest one.

"Check the... Car/Subscription folder in the cabinet/walking trousers/any coats/the shredder/ your other wallet..."

"Not there or there or there etc"

"Let me see the old ones. Um.. What does that say?"

"It says Expiry date Dec 2021"

"What year is it?"

"Oh .....yeah....um..."

It's the pitying look she gave me that made it so much worse as she handed them back to me.embarassed

Posted on 01/04/2021 20:31

Not to worry WN, I feel we've all been locked into some strange sort of time machine over the last year, I'm surprised we can remember who we are never mind what's on the date stamp...wink

cyberyacht replied on 01/04/2021 22:25

Posted on 01/04/2021 22:25

Rufs wrote "You have just put me off buying a MH, I can clean the caravan, including the roof in an afternoon"

So can I if all that is required is a quick "lick and a promise". 

Today was the conclusion of another "augean stables" task, pressure washing the patio which hadn't been done for a couple of years.

I was allowed to go back to tinkering with the Moho afterwards and have now installed a couple of independent sockets in preparation for the inverter installation due next week.

Bakers2 replied on 02/04/2021 07:55

Posted on 02/04/2021 07:55

DEBS good to read your granddaughter has had her vaccine. Sounds like she and you as a family have accepted and live with her medical issue. That's good to hear but scary for those observing, including medical staff. 

Good to hear of folks days out and others hard work, I'm still rather more on the lockdown lethargy mantra of manyarna and making the jobs last 😃 but the sunshine inspires. That went yesterday and the air coming in through our bedroom window strikes decidedly chilly. Our windows are extremely rarely properly closed, hence a warmer duvet most of the year.

Looking out of said window 7am remarked on the early start as a plasterers van pulled up opposite. Now post on neighbourhood watch fb page and our local WhatsApp says not as appears but rifling neighbours drives and skips. 😤😱. Sadly we've had much of this sort of activity recently. Lots of folks have left bits out for free that can be of use to others, but they are labelled thus.

Keep warm and enjoy your day folks

replied on 02/04/2021 08:57

Posted on 02/04/2021 08:57

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DEBSC replied on 02/04/2021 09:06

Posted on 02/04/2021 07:55 by Bakers2

DEBS good to read your granddaughter has had her vaccine. Sounds like she and you as a family have accepted and live with her medical issue. That's good to hear but scary for those observing, including medical staff. 

Good to hear of folks days out and others hard work, I'm still rather more on the lockdown lethargy mantra of manyarna and making the jobs last 😃 but the sunshine inspires. That went yesterday and the air coming in through our bedroom window strikes decidedly chilly. Our windows are extremely rarely properly closed, hence a warmer duvet most of the year.

Looking out of said window 7am remarked on the early start as a plasterers van pulled up opposite. Now post on neighbourhood watch fb page and our local WhatsApp says not as appears but rifling neighbours drives and skips. 😤😱. Sadly we've had much of this sort of activity recently. Lots of folks have left bits out for free that can be of use to others, but they are labelled thus.

Keep warm and enjoy your day folks

Posted on 02/04/2021 09:06

Thanks Bakers, sadly I can't accept what she has, I want more than anything to see her out and about enjoying outside life with her teenage friends. She however, does seem more accepting, she says there are worse things, which of course there are. Perfectly healthy at 14, It came from nowhere. Lots of medication and us paying for private consultations helps. Our local hospital Drs admit they don't have a clue. She now has to use a wheelchair outside. We love having her to stay, such good company, and we can spoil her. She is determined to be off to uni in a year.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook