What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 20/03/2021 14:43

Posted on 20/03/2021 00:41 by SELL

we are the same as you Brue, 2nd anniversary not been able to celebrate due to lockdown, roll on June (hopefully)

Posted on 20/03/2021 14:43

So sorry to be tardy with my Congratulations, Sell & OH embarassed but I do hope that you can 'build up'  a pile of celebrations for later this year wink

richardandros replied on 20/03/2021 14:54

Posted on 20/03/2021 14:54

After a week or more of grey, grey, cold days, when it hardly seems to get light, it would seem that Spring has arrived in East Yorkshire (well for today, anyway).  Glorious sunshine and almost warm - what a transformation. Spent an hour, this morning stacking away what I hope will be the last delivery of logs before Autumn. I didn't realise it but this lockdown has also affected log supply and everyone seems to be struggling to get hold of them.

Pond is full of frogs, doing what frogs do at this time of the year and I almost feel like going out and cleaning the caravan.  (I did say, "almost")!

heddlo replied on 20/03/2021 15:09

Posted on 20/03/2021 15:09

Yes it’s lovely today, went out into the garden with a fleece on that was quickly removed!  Amazed how warm it was.  Tidied garden and decided to take a peek in our hedgehog house, packed full of nesting material and a very dead hedgehog, really sad as I was so hopeful something was hibernating in there.  Oh well, they don’t all make it over winter. Hopefully another one will use it now we’ve cleaned and washed it all. 

Takethedogalong replied on 20/03/2021 21:59

Posted on 20/03/2021 14:54 by richardandros

After a week or more of grey, grey, cold days, when it hardly seems to get light, it would seem that Spring has arrived in East Yorkshire (well for today, anyway).  Glorious sunshine and almost warm - what a transformation. Spent an hour, this morning stacking away what I hope will be the last delivery of logs before Autumn. I didn't realise it but this lockdown has also affected log supply and everyone seems to be struggling to get hold of them.

Pond is full of frogs, doing what frogs do at this time of the year and I almost feel like going out and cleaning the caravan.  (I did say, "almost")!

Posted on 20/03/2021 21:59

Logs.........we have linked up with a couple of gardening services, they let us know when they are tree cutting, and drop off for us. Usually cut into decent stove friendly chunks, and we can sort out those that aren’t. We had three drop offs last year, this is now drying, while we burn the beech we had cut here now. Cheaper than buying ready dried, does need some effort, but working well for us. Extra cash for gardening lads as well, they rarely earn much per hour, so a bit of a win for them.

richardandros replied on 21/03/2021 07:16

Posted on 20/03/2021 21:59 by Takethedogalong

Logs.........we have linked up with a couple of gardening services, they let us know when they are tree cutting, and drop off for us. Usually cut into decent stove friendly chunks, and we can sort out those that aren’t. We had three drop offs last year, this is now drying, while we burn the beech we had cut here now. Cheaper than buying ready dried, does need some effort, but working well for us. Extra cash for gardening lads as well, they rarely earn much per hour, so a bit of a win for them.

Posted on 21/03/2021 07:16

Sounds like you have got it sorted, ttda - will they drop some off in East Yorkshiresmile

According to our usual supplier, there just hasn't been the felling being done and everyone is struggling to get hold of logs. Whereas we usually get a trailer load, he's restricting it to half loads and to regular customers, only.

He's hopeful things will return to normal by the end of April.

cyberyacht replied on 21/03/2021 07:44

Posted on 21/03/2021 07:44

Unlike r&r I actually turned the feeling into action. Sterilized the water tank Friday and yesterday washed off the roof and cleaned all the detritus that had accumulated in the nooks and crannies. Managed to polish about two thirds of it so far. Feeling my age this morning so I'll leave the rest of it until tomorrow. Then I'll work round the rest of the van over a period of days. The roof is always the worst bit to do. Only another week and at least we'll be able to go out for the day.

richardandros replied on 21/03/2021 08:10

Posted on 21/03/2021 07:44 by cyberyacht

Unlike r&r I actually turned the feeling into action. Sterilized the water tank Friday and yesterday washed off the roof and cleaned all the detritus that had accumulated in the nooks and crannies. Managed to polish about two thirds of it so far. Feeling my age this morning so I'll leave the rest of it until tomorrow. Then I'll work round the rest of the van over a period of days. The roof is always the worst bit to do. Only another week and at least we'll be able to go out for the day.

Posted on 21/03/2021 08:10

OK Cy - you've made me feel guiltyembarassed.  I'd better get out there today since the sun is shining here, already.  I did the roof a few weeks ago but it needs another go.  We are due to go away on 14th April and my thinking was to leave it until closer to that date, but I know I'm just making excuses and putting off the inevitable.  I'm just struggling to get motivated!

Promise to try hardersmile

JVB66 replied on 21/03/2021 08:27

Posted on 21/03/2021 08:27

Ours is in storage which opens without appointments from 29th ,and i do not think our c/van is that dirty as all the others are the same or worse,surprised  could be a job getting a "pitch" on the washdown though as it could be booked up for a few weeks (there are about 500 LVs in storeage)undecidedthe valeting company that is  quite local will be busy

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook