What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 09/02/2019 19:42

Posted on 09/02/2019 18:37 by Wherenext

To say it was a bit windy last night would be a bit of an understatement. Just glad we are still in situ. Think Mrs WN and I got at most 2 hours sleep. NTH and OH the same by the sound of it. CL has lovely views but is a bit exposed.

Not a great deal done this morning but we joined Nellie and his good wife and Flyte for a clear the sinuses walk this afternoon. We walked up to a beautiful little church in the hamlet of Stainburn about 2 miles from site. Lots of Snowdrops in grass verges and Red Kites in the air. Wind has died down to acceptable levels.

Sorry to hear of HD's news. Persevere HD.

Good to see Bakers back to her normal talkative self.winksmile

Posted on 09/02/2019 19:42

We were the same last night WN. Very windy van was getting shaken about. It seems to have settled down tonight so hopefully a better nights sleep.

DavidKlyne replied on 09/02/2019 21:14

Posted on 09/02/2019 21:14

Had a phone call from our dealer today to say our new motorhome will be available  earlier in March that we first thought which is good news. Better start emptying the old one out!!!

David

nelliethehooker replied on 09/02/2019 21:16

Posted on 08/02/2019 23:07 by SELL

Wow that's a lot of nights away, how many miles did you cover on your travels.

Posted on 09/02/2019 21:16

About 7000 over the year, with about 55% of that towing. We tend not to use the car much at home, as were never there for over long and have plenty of jobs and appointments locally, so can use the bus occasionally to pop down to town. 

nelliethehooker replied on 09/02/2019 21:20

Posted on 09/02/2019 07:20 by Bakers2

I reckon nelliethehooker manages as many on foot as towing!

Posted on 09/02/2019 21:20

Maybe not quite as many, B2 but do try to do a minimum of 5mls a day with Flyte, and often quite a few more. Even on a bad day like today I've done at least 7 and still another walk out before bed.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/02/2019 21:28

Posted on 09/02/2019 18:37 by Wherenext

To say it was a bit windy last night would be a bit of an understatement. Just glad we are still in situ. Think Mrs WN and I got at most 2 hours sleep. NTH and OH the same by the sound of it. CL has lovely views but is a bit exposed.

Not a great deal done this morning but we joined Nellie and his good wife and Flyte for a clear the sinuses walk this afternoon. We walked up to a beautiful little church in the hamlet of Stainburn about 2 miles from site. Lots of Snowdrops in grass verges and Red Kites in the air. Wind has died down to acceptable levels.

Sorry to hear of HD's news. Persevere HD.

Good to see Bakers back to her normal talkative self.winksmile

Posted on 09/02/2019 21:28

Can't add much more to that. I am having trouble keeping my eyes open now so it'll be a very early night for us both me thinks.

brue replied on 09/02/2019 22:00

Posted on 09/02/2019 22:00

I watched Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison do their second TV Great British  Car Journey on the A30 to Lands End. Doesn't seem that long since it used take me eight hours to get down to Cornwall on similar roads. I sometimes miss those journeys through all the different towns and villages but they were marathon drives!

Hope Husky sees a buyer on the horizon before too long, sorry this present one has fallen through.

I sorted through more family photos (left by my Mum) this afternoon, if only she'd named a few names. I've pencilled in the ones I can remember although I'm not sure who'll be interested in them later. I've got a sort of indigestion from seeing so many different generations doing various things in unidentified places! I did spot an old warship on one and realised my Dad had been walking round the Dart in the 1930s. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 09/02/2019 22:43

Posted on 09/02/2019 22:43

That was a very enjoyable programmes wasn’t it brue? Interesting vehicles, interesting journey, and two obviously good friends. We can recall doing the journey with M5 virtually empty apart from Cruise missiles😂, no bypass though Okehampton. We towed our small caravan over Dartmoor many a time. Hoping to catch the next programme.

milliehull replied on 10/02/2019 08:51

Posted on 10/02/2019 08:51

We watched Christopher Timothy and Peter Davison as well.  What a great programme.  They are obviously such good friends and comfortable in each  other's company. OH loved all the old vehicles and I loved the route of the A30.  That was the route always taken with my parents, down to Exeter and then on to Tiverton, many years ago. I loved it when they had to get out and push the old vehicle that wouldn't start!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook