What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

IanH replied on 24/01/2017 19:53

Posted on 24/01/2017 19:53

Milie......hope the volunteer role went well and that you enjoyed it.

brue replied on 24/01/2017 20:23

Posted on 24/01/2017 19:45 by Bakers2

I can see it on my phone. Posting slightly easier at the mo 😉

Edit I assume it's the one you mean, trees?

Posted on 24/01/2017 20:23

Well that's quite strange, it should be trees but I see no trees! Even after pressing refresh...I tried a vertical photo to see what happened but as yet can't see it...frown I know what's happened, everything has been adjusted for your Kindle Fire....so you're ok now. laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 24/01/2017 20:47

Posted on 24/01/2017 19:09 by Wherenext

Nice day to be out and about which we were this morning. 

Afternoon taken up at the dentist. Bottom back molar had to come out. Unfortunately the root system split and the dentist had to cut into the gum to extract it, so a half hour appointment overran somewhat.

Just off for a gargle.

Edit :- Just read instruction leaflet. No gargling for 12 hours! Memo to self "Read full instruction Leaflet"

Posted on 24/01/2017 20:47

Mine fortunately came out cleanly, but still had the same "no gargling" instructions. Just remember not to stick your tongue into the gap, it's a very tempting thing to do!!

nelliethehooker replied on 24/01/2017 20:54

Posted on 24/01/2017 20:54

Millie, I hope that your first day went well.

A pretty miserable day weather wise again, with drizzle all afternoon. Took OH to doctor's this morning for a BP check with the nurse. Still a bit elevated so she's an appointment to see her doctor on Thursday, fortunately at about the same time as I'm there for a Medical check, so only one journey down to town.

Tried my bike carrier onto the new roof bars and it fitted perfectly....phew, don't have to buy a new one, so that's ready for the next trip off with van.

Bakers2 replied on 24/01/2017 21:02

Posted on 24/01/2017 20:23 by brue

Well that's quite strange, it should be trees but I see no trees! Even after pressing refresh...I tried a vertical photo to see what happened but as yet can't see it...frown I know what's happened, everything has been adjusted for your Kindle Fire....so you're ok now. laughing

Posted on 24/01/2017 21:02

You must be joking! Using my phone. Still useless for anything other than reading on the Kindle 😢😢😢😢. My Kindle is easier on the eyes and I can read my book and dip in and out of CT. Also use my Kindle for fb chat with my daughter. So much harder on my pocket size, for a reason,  phone 😉. Yes nice trees on your avatar. I have done nothing different to view it. No idea if you can or how to refresh on my phone 😂😂

Wherenext replied on 24/01/2017 21:40

Posted on 24/01/2017 20:54 by nelliethehooker

Millie, I hope that your first day went well.

A pretty miserable day weather wise again, with drizzle all afternoon. Took OH to doctor's this morning for a BP check with the nurse. Still a bit elevated so she's an appointment to see her doctor on Thursday, fortunately at about the same time as I'm there for a Medical check, so only one journey down to town.

Tried my bike carrier onto the new roof bars and it fitted perfectly....phew, don't have to buy a new one, so that's ready for the next trip off with van.

Posted on 24/01/2017 21:40

Great news about the bike carrier, Nellie.

Hope Mrs NTH ok. Maybe it was all the excitement with the roof bars and she'll settle down now.smile

Wherenext replied on 24/01/2017 21:42

Posted on 24/01/2017 21:42

Nellie - The dentist thinks that there was a hairline fracture in the root itself which was why it's been giving me trouble for the last 9 months but the X rays didn't show anything. It apparently split as soon as she touched it today.

Must remember to have the anaethestic next timeyell

milliehull replied on 24/01/2017 21:52

Posted on 24/01/2017 21:52

Thanks everyone my day at the Cathedral was 'interesting'. The morniwasn't  the brand new Visitor Centre was quite quiet - only 12 visitors but a really nice guy on duty with me who showed me the ropes. The afternoon was different as they are not at all sure how they are organising things at the moment. It is a very new idea to have Volunteer Welcomers. It has just been paid full time staff until now. Lovely guy in charge though who organised a guided tour which was so interesting.I loved it all but it is yet to be decided when we will officially start. In the meantime I will be doing a few more shifts in The Visitor Centre. Please come and visit if you are in the area.smile.

Hope your tooth extraction heals up well WN. 

PS. I wasn't cold at all!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook