What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 22/01/2017 17:12

Posted on 22/01/2017 14:51 by HelenandTrevor

Thankyou Millie. Son and his girlfriend are back looking for somewhere to rent, the first place they found fell through, unfortunately.  He will have to find somewhere quickly he starts his new job in 3 weeks!  

Still very cold, not been out much, getting on with my knitting, one more sleeve to go.smile

Eldest just sent me some pictures of the ski slopes, looks even colder there! 

Posted on 22/01/2017 17:12

How disappointing. I hope your son and his girlfriend find somewhere they like soon Helen.

ABM replied on 22/01/2017 17:23

Posted on 22/01/2017 16:26 by Wherenext

Brian, we found the same problem with the fat balls we were using at the start of winter and changed to one with a softer mix. That solved the problem Ask your supplier.

Posted on 22/01/2017 17:23

===============================================

I'll  be  doing  that  WN  when  the  little  blighters  start  eating

the  new  ones  I'll  get  tomorrow.  the  only  trouble  is  they 

came  in  a  '50'  package  so  ther's  going  to  be  a  surfeit

of  ground  feeders  food  to  add to  the  usual  seed  &  suet 

nibbles  --  I'm  reluctant  to put  the  grated  bits  into  hanging

feeders  in  case  they  just  cause  blockages  or  slow  flow  !

Ah  well  nobody  promised  me  "Easy" yellwink   !!

JVB66 replied on 22/01/2017 17:25

Posted on 22/01/2017 17:25

-6c at FM this morning but still sunny went out with friends and their dog for a longish walk am, then back for hot choccy and cake,before trying to work out  itineries that will get us all in one place for a couple more meets this yearsurprised

Ps do not forget its Burns night on 25th and all Weatherspoons Pubs are doing Haggis ,Neeps and Tatties and a real Scots ale all weekkiss

Tammygirl replied on 22/01/2017 18:11

Posted on 22/01/2017 18:11

Arrived at Chester Fairoaks at 12.30, drive was short but busy, had a little flurry of snow for awile just to remind us it is winter.

Everything here looks awfully wet, fields are very muddy with lots of puddles.  Had a little walk along the road outside the site up to the main road to see how far it is to the retail park, about 15 mins walk.

Broke a tooth/filling yesterday  so will need to pay a visit to a dentist, no pain just now but not going to leave it incase anymore breaks off. 

Funny some of you are saying the birds are not eating fatballs, mine are the same. The square ones are going down well, as are the half coconuts. Like others I'm breakin them up, the blackbirds like them. 

brue replied on 22/01/2017 18:25

Posted on 22/01/2017 18:25

Same here with the fatballs but the seed and surplus apples are going down quite quickly. I've got one load of apples left and every day our regular lone Fieldfare tucks into them. He's got a long flight ahead and will be the plumpest Fieldfare ever to take to to the air!

Bakers2 replied on 22/01/2017 19:05

Posted on 22/01/2017 19:05

Same with fat balls here. Bought the same ones, well from the same outlet for similar price. So who knows what the issue is/was?! I put some more out today as they have been going very slowly weathered round the edges 😉 as I noticed sparrows on the ball feeder nearest the house and the one further down the garden had had birds, not sure what as they are deliberately among shrubs offering them shelter. I also notice that only the sunflower hearts are being eaten the mixed seeds, usual supplier usual mix are being left, but are welcomed by the ground feeders. Starlings were always on them as well and they rarely land on them at present.

Been another fabulous cold winters day 😃. But I fear the horizon appeared misty. Freezing fog forecast for some areas tonight.  Nasty stuff stay safe everyone. 

Bakers2 replied on 22/01/2017 19:06

Posted on 22/01/2017 19:06

Fingers crossed that your tooth remains pain free and repairable Tammygirl 

IanH replied on 22/01/2017 19:12

Posted on 22/01/2017 19:12

Another trip to B&Q this morning. I had decided on Wickes own brand electric tile cutter but thought I'd have a look here before deciding.

Ended up buying a MacAlister one (for a lot more money than planned) as it had a bigger cutting disc, bigger table and just looked better made. As we are planning on tiling the conservatory floor at some point, I thought it would be a good investment.

Got home and tried it out.......it works a treat! smile

Got about a third of the kitchen floor tiled and it looks pretty good!

Finally stopped as exhaustion set in........but managed to apply penetrative sealer to another two boxes of tiles before I finished.

Man! Does my back ache!

We're planning to go away in the caravan on Friday, so two more days of tiling and two days of CAB before we go.

I think it was easier when I was working!

Looking forward to the break though wink

IanH replied on 22/01/2017 19:17

Posted on 22/01/2017 19:17

Regarding bird food......I buy those blocks of suet with mealworm mixed in. We use one to fill a half coconut husk fastened on the bird table (takes a third of a block) then put the rest in a peanut feeder.

It has proven to be a popular alternative on the bird table. Very popular with a local family of starlings.

One branch of Poundland sells them for '2 for a £1' locally.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook