What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Pippah45 replied on 22/01/2017 12:11

Posted on 22/01/2017 12:11

Lovely sunshine in this part of Lincolnshire and warm enough to stroll the field without a coat (all be it after toting the logs).  I see I need to go out again as the bird feeders need filling again - wonderful group of long tailed tits enjoying the fat balls and peanuts. 

milliehull replied on 22/01/2017 12:36

Posted on 22/01/2017 12:36

Very cold and frosty here today but gloriously sunny.  Keep warm everyone.

Glad you had a nice day with your son and his girlfriend Helen. Hope his move to Manchester goes well.

trellis replied on 22/01/2017 14:03

Posted on 22/01/2017 14:03

Lovely afternoon here on the Kent coast, wall to wall sunshine. I hope you sorted your water pump out Tricky ,and had a safe journey back to the north of the county .

trellis replied on 22/01/2017 14:03

Posted on 22/01/2017 14:03

Lovely afternoon here on the Kent coast, wall to wall sunshine. I hope you sorted your water pump out Tricky ,and had a safe journey back to the north of the county .

Wherenext replied on 22/01/2017 14:50

Posted on 22/01/2017 14:50

I see I need to go out again as the bird feeders need filling again - wonderful group of long tailed tits enjoying the fat balls and peanuts.

Pippah - I've been doing a lot of work in the computer room today and have noticed these wonderful little birds coming to our peanut and fat ball holders on at least 6 occasions. In late spring they tend to only come about twice so it seems that they shorten their circle in winter to ensure a regular supply of food. Can't blame them and they do brighten the day.

I may have mentioned this before, so apologies, but they go out of their way to look after any chicks in their fellow LTT's nests if they lose their own and can often be found searching out food for them and actually feeding other birds chicks. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 22/01/2017 14:51

Posted on 22/01/2017 12:36 by milliehull

Very cold and frosty here today but gloriously sunny.  Keep warm everyone.

Glad you had a nice day with your son and his girlfriend Helen. Hope his move to Manchester goes well.

Posted on 22/01/2017 14:51

Thankyou Millie. Son and his girlfriend are back looking for somewhere to rent, the first place they found fell through, unfortunately.  He will have to find somewhere quickly he starts his new job in 3 weeks!  

Still very cold, not been out much, getting on with my knitting, one more sleeve to go.smile

Eldest just sent me some pictures of the ski slopes, looks even colder there! 

ABM replied on 22/01/2017 15:26

Posted on 22/01/2017 15:26

Not  had  to  refill  my  bird  feeders  for  a  day  or  three,  I

assume  they  are  getting  their  nourishment  elsewhere

at  present.  The  thing  that  riles  me  at  the  moment  is

that  they  are  not  touching  the  fat-balls  at  all  yell,  so

tomorrow  I'll  get  some new  from  the  town  market,  replace 

the  existing  ones  and  use  me  Old  Mammy's  cheese  grater

on  the  tired  ones  &  put  the  bits  out  for  the  ground 

feeders  to  enjoy  !  ( Wood  &  Feral  pigeon   Heaven   wink  )

Francis replied on 22/01/2017 16:03

Posted on 22/01/2017 16:03

We have just returned from our first trip away of 2017. We were at Lomond Woods Holiday Park in Balloch one if our regular sites. The weather was cold but I managed to go a cycle up to Luss yesterday for any cyclists this is a lovely route right alongside the loch great views all the way.

Wherenext replied on 22/01/2017 16:26

Posted on 22/01/2017 16:26

Brian, we found the same problem with the fat balls we were using at the start of winter and changed to one with a softer mix. That solved the problem Ask your supplier.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook