What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 21/01/2017 17:01

Posted on 21/01/2017 17:01

Freezing all day here as well.  Went for a walk round Ferry Meadows this morning and the small lake, Lynch Lake, is frozen and the poor gulls and moorhens are sitting on the ice looking a bit bewildered and miserable.  Only the large sailing lake is ice free.

Bakers2 replied on 21/01/2017 17:55

Posted on 20/01/2017 19:04 by Wherenext

A triple whammy!

Cleaning day. Car gone into shock. Gutters cleaned out. Windows then needed doing! Walking boots (8 pairs!) cleaned and waxed/waterproofed. All bird feeders and water bowls cleaned and filled. Mr WN mopped the kitchen floor and did the two bathrooms as well. 

Posted on 21/01/2017 17:55

What a productive day. At the risk of seeming stupid I have to ask about 8 pairs of walking boots. Why so many pairs? I thought I was a shoe/boot deva but even I can't boost 8 pairs of walkibg boots, or even 4 pairs assuming there are two of you 😂😂

Bakers2 replied on 21/01/2017 18:11

Posted on 21/01/2017 18:11

Another cold and bright day here again 😆.  Had another lovely long and mud free walk with the dog on the local estate. Stopped off at the cafe for liver cake for the dog and hot chocolate with all the trimmings for us. Well someone has to be quality control 😂😂😂. 

Shopped for few bits for poorly aunt, I think the antibiotics are working slowly, she needs gp out again on Monday I think to check her out, her gp practice doesn't open on Saturdays 😣.  I'm stunned no wonder A&E is under pressure, that practice says it has 7 doctors but no weekend hours............. rant over. She's as irritatable and short tempered and ungracious at accepting any assistance! Last nights request for shopping  started by her telling me, for the umpteenth time, where all her paperwork is, who her solicitor is etc as I need to know 😲 and I ask if she needs shopping only to be told what a nuisance she is. Just keep smiling and hope not to get like it myself  ðŸ˜‚😂.

Afternoon of craft work. Trying to design and make a quiet activity book for granddaughter. Nowhere near as easy as the YouTube clips would suggest. But I will NOT give up on it. I have decided it won't be for eldest one as she'll be well passed it by the time it's ready. Costing a fortune for felt and some trimmings not to mention my time and sanity. Now I've decided not needed for March I'll relax with knitting 😂

Wherenext replied on 21/01/2017 18:42

Posted on 21/01/2017 18:42

Bakers, we have 2 pairs each, but I hzve a very much loved old pair that comes out every so often when my arthritic feet are sore and I love this pair for this reason, so thats 3 for me. Then Mrs WN got a new pair last week that will need breaking in and until they are she'll use the old pair ( we tend to have 1 pair of walking boots for heavy winter walking and a lighter pair for summer), so thats 3 for her. Not to be outdone the 83 yo MIL has 2 pairs which needed reproofing, so 8 in total and a nightmare when we all go away together. 

I didn't want to do a part job so they all got done whether they needed it or not.

IanH replied on 21/01/2017 19:10

Posted on 21/01/2017 19:10

Nightmare day today. Didn't go flying as weather a bit iffy and wanted to get on with floor tiling.

Every job I did seemed to have something go wrong.

Worst was when I had a go at cutting the porcelain tiles. I need some half tiles, so had a go at that. Got a perfectly clean cut........except for the final inch at one end, which chipped the surface.

Tried again, same result.

Tried again, applying the pressure at opposite end. same result, but with the chip at opposite end.

Tried applying pressure in the centre and the tile snapped in half......the wrong way!

So that's four tiles spoiled and no progress.

Thinking of going to Wickes for an electric cutter tomorrow.

HelenandTrevor replied on 21/01/2017 21:19

Posted on 21/01/2017 14:50 by DavidKlyne

Did you get to the Shopping Centre? If so in Middleton Hall there is an interesting exhibition on the history of Milton Keynes as we celebrate our 50th birthday this year. We have been here for 38 years now.

David

Posted on 21/01/2017 21:19

Didn't get into the centre today,  but our local news had a feature on the exhibition, looked interesting,  hadn't realised MK had been around that long.

DSB replied on 21/01/2017 21:23

Posted on 21/01/2017 21:23

Went a ride out to Bradgate Park this afternoon.  In the end we didn't think it was worth £4 for the parking.  Although that was the same price for the whole day, but we would only have stopped for about half an hour.  We went on to Thorntons reservoir and took the dog for a little stroll.  Too cold to be out for long though.

David 

woolleypark replied on 21/01/2017 21:43

Posted on 21/01/2017 19:10 by IanH

Nightmare day today. Didn't go flying as weather a bit iffy and wanted to get on with floor tiling.

Worst was when I had a go at cutting the porcelain tiles. I need some half tiles, so had a go at that. Got a perfectly clean cut........except for the final inch at one end, which chipped the surface.

Tried again, applying the pressure at opposite end. same result, but with the chip at opposite end.

Tried applying pressure in the centre and the tile snapped in half......the wrong way!

Posted on 21/01/2017 21:43

Did some tiling recently the old fashioned way with a hand held cutter had the same disasters as you have experienced. I bought an electric angle grinder from Screwfix cuts the tiles like butter. SO EASY smile

nelliethehooker replied on 21/01/2017 21:48

Posted on 21/01/2017 21:48

After a clear night we had frost on the ground this morning, but at least the sky was clear and the sun was shining....the first we've seen properly for over a week!! Did the odd job round the house & van before a pleasant walk out with Flyte. It was still cold but nice in the sunshine. Back home in time to start cleaning the caravan, and with a short break for lunch, completed the outside by mid afternoon, just as it was clouding up and growing colder. Perhaps I'll start on the inside tomorrow.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/01/2017 22:05

Posted on 21/01/2017 19:10 by IanH

Posted on 21/01/2017 22:05

Electric cutter is the only way to go with tiles.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook