What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

IanH replied on 20/01/2017 20:13

Posted on 20/01/2017 20:13

The forum is running too slow for any further posting today........

brue replied on 20/01/2017 21:09

Posted on 20/01/2017 21:09

Just trying my phone, it is such a slow process from diving in and then finding a thread ooh how did the predictive text get in! I now remember why I use the laptop can't cope with this ! Hopeless Smilie@## 

nelliethehooker replied on 20/01/2017 21:24

Posted on 20/01/2017 19:04 by Wherenext

A triple whammy!

Cleaning day. Car gone into shock. Gutters cleaned out. Windows then needed doing! Walking boots (8 pairs!) cleaned and waxed/waterproofed. All bird feeders and water bowls cleaned and filled. Mr WN mopped the kitchen floor and did the two bathrooms as well. 

Posted on 20/01/2017 21:24

My goodness some-one's been busy. 8 pairs of walking boots, did you clean all the walking club's boots then? I've a couple of pairs to do from our last trip, but they'll have to wait as it will be caravan cleaning day tomorrow, provided the weather's reasonable.

Well done Husky,getting the fox's body off the road.

ABM replied on 20/01/2017 23:21

Posted on 20/01/2017 20:12 by IanH

Sad news, Husky.

I often wonder how animals feel about losing their partners or their young.

I guess, like when they are injured or poorly.......they just try to get on with life. 

We have a lot of lessons to learn from nature.

Posted on 20/01/2017 23:21

IAN,

have  you  seen  any  of  the  Spy  programmes  that  BBC  have 

had  on  recently  --  they  put  a  camera  in  something  very 

closely  resembling  the  target  animals.  They  were  rather 

amazed  at  the  reactions  of  the  animals  when  one  of  them

died.  Giraffes  etc  reacted  just  as  elephants  are  claimed

to  do  i.e.  travelling  some  miles  to  the  same  area.

Even  the  smaller  critturs  seemed  to  be  saddened  when

one  of  the  little  camera-animals  fell  over  !!  They  seemed 

to   show  more  "caring  emotions"  than  we  have  been  led 

to  believe  they  were  capable  of  !

All  these  years  on  the  Planet  Earth,  all  our  mighty  brain 

power  and  the  " Dumb  Animals"  are  still  teaching  us  lessons  !!

brue replied on 21/01/2017 08:30

Posted on 21/01/2017 08:30

Morning all, still a bit slow on here so just looking in for a few minutes. hope you all have a good day. smile

triky auto replied on 21/01/2017 10:47

Posted on 21/01/2017 10:47

wink, VERY bright & sunny here at "Black Horse Farm" Densole Kent this morning .Had a lovely home cooked meal in the pub (of the same name) across the road .Very obliging host & staff.If the specials menu over the log fireplace is'nt enough ,then something will be cooked up for you !! They even have a dogs menu!!.tongue-out.Highly recommended.

DSB replied on 21/01/2017 11:24

Posted on 21/01/2017 10:47 by triky auto

wink, VERY bright & sunny here at "Black Horse Farm" Densole Kent this morning .Had a lovely home cooked meal in the pub (of the same name) across the road .Very obliging host & staff.If the specials menu over the log fireplace is'nt enough ,then something will be cooked up for you !! They even have a dogs menu!!.tongue-out.Highly recommended.

Posted on 21/01/2017 11:24

Thanks Triky.  Must remember to try that pup next time we go.  All the times we've been to BHF and we've never tried The Black Horse.

David 

Tammygirl replied on 21/01/2017 11:38

Posted on 21/01/2017 11:38

Hi all, taken ages to get on here today really slow, not sure if it the wifi on site or CT in general.

Well we went to the Manchedter show yesterday, bit disappointed didn't buy anything or see anything I'd want to buy .

Bit dull here at the moment though we have seen the sun . OH is happy we saw the steam train go past the site earlier,  never been here when its been running before.

Going into Bury in awhile for a wander round the market.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook