What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 16/01/2017 16:45

Posted on 16/01/2017 16:45

Busy day getting everything back into the van after its trip to the dealers. OH was busy washing the van and both cars, quite a mild day at 10c in the shade and 15c in the sun smile 

Washing machine been busy too as with the sun out its free leckie from the solar panels.

While sorting out clothes to go in the van I took the opportunity to clear a fair few things to charity bags, I must be feeling better its the most work I've done since before we went on the cruise.wink

cyberyacht replied on 16/01/2017 17:04

Posted on 16/01/2017 16:42 by Oneputt

Lovely day today, bright and sunny.

Had a tooth out this morning, took less than 5 minutes and pretty painless.laughing

Posted on 16/01/2017 17:04

Only until the anaesthetic wears off.

brue replied on 16/01/2017 17:05

Posted on 16/01/2017 17:05

Outside in the garden this morning, a bit drizzly but mild enough to get cracking on a few things. I'm feeling better too TG, the bug I had was short lived but drained me of energy. smile

Goldie146 replied on 16/01/2017 17:09

Posted on 16/01/2017 03:10 by

It rained all day so I just stayed in all day. No point in driving the car across a water-logged field and getting stuck in the mud!

Posted on 16/01/2017 17:09

What you need is a 4x4

Tammygirl replied on 16/01/2017 18:04

Posted on 16/01/2017 17:05 by brue

Outside in the garden this morning, a bit drizzly but mild enough to get cracking on a few things. I'm feeling better too TG, the bug I had was short lived but drained me of energy. smile

Posted on 16/01/2017 18:04

Likewise brue, I've not slept so much for years, I'm usually a poor sleeper but for the last 3 weeks I've slept until 09.30 and even 10.00 one morning, OH has been the same, he's even fell asleep reading the paper. laughing

Glad you're feeling better.

Bakers2 replied on 16/01/2017 18:30

Posted on 16/01/2017 18:30

Glad to hear that folks are feeling better smile.  And someone who's had a tooth out says little pain surprised, hopefully that'll continue.

Yet another grey day here in Essex frown not as forecast, so washing had to be tumbled, as we had drizzle - that definitely wasn't on forecast.

Met an ex-colleague for lunch after having my haircut.   Then shopped for elderly aunt who has been poorly but didn't let anyone know yell.  Wouldn't call GP until someone visited on Friday and insisted sitting with her until GP called back.  Prescribed without a visit sealed. Same person spoke to her yesterday and called 111, told patient had to phone, she did.  6 hour wait for doctor, who came at 10pm and said hospital, she's very chesty and had pleurisy this time last year.  Ambulance 3.30am - discharged 8am with antibiotics. Looks poorly but really if she'd seen a GP a week ago this could have been avoided.  So depressed, so stubborn sealed.

Rant over.

Hopefully the new year will have some good news before long, another elderly aunt has had massive stroke not expected to recover/survive - only a matter or time.

No trips in the motorhome even thought about frown

IanH replied on 16/01/2017 19:45

Posted on 16/01/2017 19:45

A trip to the tip this morning, to get rid of the old radiator and a load of cardboard.......and bottles.

Called at the local pet store on the way back for bird food and duck corn.

This afternoon, a trip to B&Q to check prices then to Wickes for some 8' x2' sheets of ply for the kitchen floor (good old XC90 - can fit anything in there!), prior to tiling. Wickes always seem to be cheaper for most things.

ABM replied on 16/01/2017 20:59

Posted on 16/01/2017 20:59

David  D S B .

I  use  double  space  on  words  and  normally  use 

'LineFeed'  ( a k a  'enter' )  where  I  think the  end  of  line 

best  fits  laughing  But  I  have  to  admit  its  a  habit  I  have  from 

filing  my  photographic  slides  !!  Much  to  the  disgust  of  one

of  our  friends  on  here,{ No Names  --  No  Packdrill  embarassed  }  but 

at  least  I've  stopped  using  Bold,  Italics  &  Underlining  wink !

Brian   A B M

Tammygirl replied on 16/01/2017 22:13

Posted on 16/01/2017 22:13

Gosh Bakers hope both your Aunties recover, its very difficult trying to help some of the elderly as they don't like to 'bother' a doctor. Here's hoping the antibiotics do the trick. 

How's the knitting coming on?

DSB replied on 16/01/2017 23:47

Posted on 16/01/2017 20:59 by ABM

David  D S B .

I  use  double  space  on  words  and  normally  use 

'LineFeed'  ( a k a  'enter' )  where  I  think the  end  of  line 

best  fits  laughing  But  I  have  to  admit  its  a  habit  I  have  from 

filing  my  photographic  slides  !!  Much  to  the  disgust  of  one

of  our  friends  on  here,{ No Names  --  No  Packdrill  embarassed  }  but 

at  least  I've  stopped  using  Bold,  Italics  &  Underlining  wink !

Brian   A B M

Posted on 16/01/2017 23:47

Fair enough Brian.  Glad you don't use bold, italics and underline as a matter of course though.  I always think they are better kept for special occasions.   laughing

David 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook