What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 13/01/2017 12:48

Posted on 13/01/2017 12:48

We had a covering of snow yesterday which lasted overnight and had frozen ,so footpaths a bit dodgy this morning,so it was some phone calls to even older neighbours to see if anything needed, got orders for milk and bread,and as Lidl offers on got car out to go,only to get covered in snow as it really came down for about an hour,but orders now delivered ,and sun is now out but still biting wind,car back in garage

richardandros replied on 13/01/2017 14:41

Posted on 13/01/2017 14:41

Just come back from a dog walk on the beach at Hornsea (East Yorkshire).  The tide was already almost up to its usual high water (springs) mark some three hours before official high water.  Fingers crossed for all those further down the coast - lets hope that the Environment Agency have done enough to prevent flooding.

Pippah45 replied on 13/01/2017 15:07

Posted on 13/01/2017 15:07

I had to be sure I was up and about today to let the "Tree men " in to clear the Powerline they claimed there was a sycamore too close - but all I could see were blackthorns.  No 8.30 start as promised but eventually 4 vehicles were here - and coffee and conferences began - two men went to work - and about 10 mins later apparently all was done and they departed at around 9.45 telling me there hadn't been much to do.  Ummmm  I went out later and find that the blackthorns are still touching the cable from the transformer to my meter - surely this is "their" responsibility not mine?  I think I shall try and find a phone number to check it out. 

redface replied on 13/01/2017 15:50

Posted on 13/01/2017 15:50

Pippah - you need the 'Power Networks' emergency number for your area. It is usually regarded as the responsibility of the landowner to keep the overhead cables free from vegetation, before it becomes hazardous. The Power Cut Emergency number is the one you need.

If the fly leads to your meter are insulated then they may not worry too much and deal with it in due course, however if there is a danger that high winds could bring the lines down, due to tree movements, then they will likely attend sooner.

Pippah45 replied on 13/01/2017 16:14

Posted on 13/01/2017 16:14

Thanks reface - there was no danger to the overheads at all - just to my own supply - and that would only be "rubbing" as the blackthorn is only just in reach - sounds like it would be easier to get them down myself.  Pity I didn't think of it when daughter was here at Christmas she loves being let loose with the Chain Saw!  

triky auto replied on 13/01/2017 17:58

Posted on 13/01/2017 17:58

undecided Despite the ramped up concerns about the predicted tidal surge ,,,it did'nt happen at the boatyard area (Faversham) because of the North Westerly wind holding it back .Very cold though today ,with frozen snow and gale force winds.SO,,home early again .wink.

cyberyacht replied on 13/01/2017 18:12

Posted on 13/01/2017 18:12

Spent a freezing hour trying to resolve a fuel starvation problem on a friends Mk 2 Focus TDCi. Still won't start as I suspect it is the low pressure pump from the tank that is the problem. Trouble is I'm flying blind without a manual.

JVB66 replied on 13/01/2017 18:17

Posted on 13/01/2017 18:17

Have spent several hours today trying to book Wight Link with Tesco clubcard vouchers,because of the amount needed the booking vouchers(eleven) could not be entered in their payment page,after numerous attempts and several calls to both companies,Club card had to cancel all the vouchers and issue at their cost two £100 pound vouchers,(fare is £193 50)so be prepared if doing it, one of Clubcard staff was aware of the problem ,but two others were trying blame operator erroryell

brue replied on 13/01/2017 18:48

Posted on 13/01/2017 18:48

My elderly neighbours who have been struggling with their health and life in general have decided to move nearer their family. It's a relief but I will also miss them. Their cottage is very cold even with heating. We have another elderly neighbour who refuses to put any heating on, I spotted her inside her home today with a hat and coat on, it's been so cold today I wonder how she survives.

Wherenext replied on 13/01/2017 19:55

Posted on 12/01/2017 21:34 by moulesy

Just googled it and Chew Valley fruit farm, Bonhill Lane, BS still has a listing as a no facilities CL - no more details though.

Posted on 13/01/2017 19:55

Ta, Moulesy. I did find it on google only to lose it again but I don't do naked caravanning anymore. Gone softembarassed.

Might make it down that way in the not too distant future. Will sharpen my pencil if the timing is right.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook