What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

KjellNN replied on 21/11/2016 22:21

Posted on 21/11/2016 22:21

KjellNN sorry for the delay re visiting Essex. First suggestions, you only have four days so trying to do a run through with drop offs. Not only does Essex lack club sites it also lacks NT properties Payecocks at Coggeshall would be your nearest check opening, a lovely small town/large village with lots of antique and tea shops. Harwich itself is worth a good explore, mayflower set off from there. Would agree with Oneputt Constable country and the Dedham Vale ANOB Flatford Mill. A drive out from Harwich following the river Stour to Manningtree, quaint old shipping port, home of the witchfinder general Matthew Hopkins. Follow on to Dedham Vale calling in at Hadleigh in Suffolk. Five, I think, buildings adjacent from five centuries, nice river too. Colchester roman town with castle and original walls. Sadly I heard at the weekend town has gone downhill with closure of lots of the self owned shops, watch museum and zoo too. Beth Chatto gardens at Elmstead Market very nice tearooms and nursery, could do on way out or back from Colchester. Mersea Island, tidal casuseway so check times! Renown for oyster fishing. Fringringhoe wick nature reserve. Just a few to be going on with in about the radius you suggested of 30 miles. You'll need to visit again and stay more inland .

Goodness me B2, that is very comprehensive, I will print it up for  future reference.  Thank you!

replied on 21/11/2016 22:25

Posted on 21/11/2016 22:25

Today was horrible, grey, wet and cold.

I was wondering what I could do on such a day........then realised that actually, I don't have to do anything at all! Smile

So that's exactly what I did.......just a bit of internet surfing, feeding the ducks and watched a film.

Ahhhhh.....retirement! Even after nearly 6 years of it, I still feel slightly guilty if I'm not doing anything.

Write your comments here...Don't feel guilty, Ian. Time to relax and enjoy life is precious!

SteveL replied on 21/11/2016 22:27

Posted on 21/11/2016 22:27

Tammygirl I'm doing my bit by liking your posts. I have to say you seem to be on the slow side

these star things are weird, went from five reds to a purple unexpectedly, but seem to have been stuck on one purple for ages

replied on 21/11/2016 22:35

Posted on 21/11/2016 22:35

I was wondering what I could do on such a day........then realised that actually, I don't have to do anything at all! Smile

So that's exactly what I did.......just a bit of internet surfing, feeding the ducks and watched a film.

Ahhhhh.....retirement! Even after nearly 6 years of it, I still feel slightly guilty if I'm not doing anything.

We had one of those days ourselves yesterday . I'm new at this not working and not sure it will last so defo don't want to waste days

Write your comments here...

We had one of those days ourselves yesterday . I'm new at this not working and not sure it will last so defo don't want to waste days

Write your comments here...Make the most of it Bakers2! Working long hours is hard and tiring and the feeling that your time is not yours, in my experience.

milliehull replied on 21/11/2016 22:42

Posted on 21/11/2016 22:42

kj and B2 we have been to Payecocks in Coggeshall - lovely litle town/village and a wonderful property. Well worth a visit. RHS Hyde Hall is also great.

Oneputt replied on 21/11/2016 22:52

Posted on 21/11/2016 22:52

After 50 years at work often working 70/80hrs a week, travelling all over the place and seeing very little I don't regret a minute of my retirement.  Still after all these years I get offers of employment and I take pleasure in not replyingLaughing

Bakers2 replied on 21/11/2016 23:01

Posted on 21/11/2016 23:01

kj and B2 we have been to Payecocks in Coggeshall - lovely litle town/village and a wonderful property. Well worth a visit. RHS Hyde Hall is also great.

Agreed milliehull but KjellNN staying in Harwich and about 30 mile radius. Need to persuade him to stay longer and move inland a bit, then move north of county

Goldie146 replied on 22/11/2016 08:03

Posted on 22/11/2016 08:03

Write your comments here...Yes we did get an answer. The answer was that when on site you are at leisure before you go to work and when you return from work. Also, if you have family staying with you, using the site whilst you're at work, they are at leisure too.

I don't remember seeing that, where/when was that posted?

Write your comments here...I think that particular thread was closed about six months ago.

Well I remember someone saying that  . . 

cyberyacht replied on 22/11/2016 08:04

Posted on 22/11/2016 08:04

Tammygirl I'm doing my bit by liking your posts. I have to say you seem to be on the slow side

these star things are weird, went from five reds to a purple unexpectedly, but seem to have been stuck on one purple for ages

I've been on four purples forever. The gaps get wider, the further up the scale you go.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook