The Pointless Page

Tammygirl replied on 18/01/2018 19:37

Posted on 18/01/2018 08:49 by SteveL

We find we save more by varying the supermarket we shop at. This not only provides a bit of variety. It stimulates  the supermarkets automated systems to send you money of vouchers, to try and get your custom back. These always seem to save us considerably more than any loyalty points we get.

Loyalty to a particular brand, is rarely rewarded and is generally pointless.☹️

Posted on 18/01/2018 19:37

We too shop around to get the best deals but we do so with our Tesco credit card which clocks up the points. We don't oftern shop in the store these days but every now and again I like to go for a look, the points I have now have been accumulated over the last 2 years so some are soon going to run out of date. There isn't much up our neck of the woods to spend them on so try to use them when away with the MH. Weather not on our side at the moment thoughfrown

brue replied on 18/01/2018 19:59

Posted on 18/01/2018 19:59

I forgot that we get nectar points with ebay, OH uses it a lot for fishing stuff etc. Last year we had a big chunk off a new printer thanks to the points, since OH never pays full whack for anything we did quite well to gain the points. wink

HelenandTrevor replied on 18/01/2018 20:09

Posted on 18/01/2018 20:09

EBay is where most of our nectar points come from too, and fuel at Sainsbury's,  I did have enough before christmas to buy a new kettle from Argos. 

Wherenext replied on 19/01/2018 19:39

Posted on 19/01/2018 19:39

About 7 years ago we bought a kettle from Argos. It was their basic model, cost about £12. I never buy the extra 3 years insurance but MrsWN bought this one and did buy it. 1 month before the end of the 3 years the kettle stopped working. Argos replaced it so I bought the 3 years insurance. I just knew the kettle would spite me by not breaking down in time! Still working.

I like that about Argos, they don't seem to quibble.

HelenandTrevor replied on 19/01/2018 19:44

Posted on 19/01/2018 19:44

Argos are very good for exchanges,  I'am now on my third Iron, just hoping it's third time lucky!  laughing

replied on 20/01/2018 10:28

Posted on 18/01/2018 19:37 by Tammygirl

We too shop around to get the best deals but we do so with our Tesco credit card which clocks up the points. We don't oftern shop in the store these days but every now and again I like to go for a look, the points I have now have been accumulated over the last 2 years so some are soon going to run out of date. There isn't much up our neck of the woods to spend them on so try to use them when away with the MH. Weather not on our side at the moment thoughfrown

Posted on 20/01/2018 10:28

You could get double points if you use a Tesco debit card, Tammygirl, instead of the credit card. Not entirely pointless because you would clock up a lot more clubcard points that way!

ABM replied on 21/01/2018 19:30

Posted on 21/01/2018 19:30

If  you  spend  them  will  you  then  become  Pointless  yourself  ? undecided ?

Tammygirl replied on 21/01/2018 19:57

Posted on 20/01/2018 10:28 by

You could get double points if you use a Tesco debit card, Tammygirl, instead of the credit card. Not entirely pointless because you would clock up a lot more clubcard points that way!

Posted on 21/01/2018 19:57

I've got one Malc but never use it, just got the account for the 3% interest rate for 2 years so nothing pointless in that wink to be honest I can never find anything to spend my points on these days, used to like it when they did the double up deals. We tended to buy lots of stuff for the Gkids then. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook