The Pointless Page

JayEss replied on 17/01/2018 19:31

Posted on 17/01/2018 19:20 by DavidKlyne

Don't think I would have an issue with spending it in M&S, well Margaret wouldn't!!! I could always restock my wine rack.

Posted on 17/01/2018 19:31

I'd struggle with that - I don't drink wine! surprised

We get M&S vouchers fairly frequently. I've no idea why. I decided to sell them a few years ago after yet another failed attempt to spend them in store. We used to give them as raffle prizes to the school 

Wherenext replied on 17/01/2018 21:46

Posted on 17/01/2018 17:18 by DavidKlyne

I must live a sheltered life, it would never had crossed my mind to sell them on e-bay! I have just had a look and people are even selling the £5 off vouchers you get at the till. You learn something everyday.

Posted on 17/01/2018 21:46

If we have one of these, and most times will never get to use it, we just give it to the person who looks like they need it most when next in Tesco (nobody ever looks like they need it in M&S).

I remember once buying some last minute needs in Tesco near Portsmouth before catching a ferry and gave a £7 voucher to a young couple with a full trolley, mainly because they had been polite to us. They were from Poland and thought that I was trying to sell it to them. Took me ages to explain how it worked and that I didn't want money. Sometimes it's hard to even give them away.smile

replied on 18/01/2018 00:15

Posted on 17/01/2018 14:41 by Yertiz

I believe that Mrs MM went with him to work, when he was at Dinner to go, or whatever it was called, but never got paid, she just accompanied MM on his deliveries. undecided

Nobody MADE her work, I believe? I seem to recall Malc stating that she can't work over here because of her foreign status.

I suppose she may have done some deliveries whilst MM sat in the car, I can't remember after all that has been written about his trials.

I'm sure he will be along at some stage to correct any errors wink 

Posted on 18/01/2018 00:15

Yes, Yertiz, she used to help with the deliveries for dinner2go. She is permitted to work here, the only restriction on her visa is no recourse to public funds, meaning she can't claim benefits, so she has to live off my income unless she can get a job. However, that visa has expired, the new visa, if granted, will have the same restrictions and is likely to be a two and a half year visa.

replied on 18/01/2018 00:20

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:22 by

It's amazing the savings that can be made simply by increasing your outgoings.

Posted on 18/01/2018 00:20

There will be an increase in monthly payments on the finance, about £100 per month more but this will be off set by the £225 saving in unleaded petrol, so that will work out to £125 per month better off, EasyT.

replied on 18/01/2018 00:30

Posted on 17/01/2018 16:07 by cariadon

so why did you buy you current car if it wasn't economical, was it because the salesman told you it was a cheap car to run,

Posted on 18/01/2018 00:30

At the time when I bought my current car, I was working for dinner2go and the electric version wasn't available then. It wasn't until June the following year that they brought out the Smart Electric. Dinner2go can provide these cars themselves but charge rental to do so. So at the time I went by their recommendation, not realising that the job would come to an end 3 months later. It did save money compared to the Shogun as it used half the amount of fuel without wearing the clutch and other expensive repairs.

replied on 18/01/2018 00:34

Posted on 17/01/2018 16:36 by Tammygirl

Just checked I've £41 worth of Tesco vouchers surprised think we might have to take the tunnel come May if OH ok to travel.

Anyone used them for the tunnel? how easy/hard is it to do and if done what happens if we have to amend the travel date.

Posted on 18/01/2018 00:34

I've got £45 worth of Tesco points so far but there are still more points to come!

replied on 18/01/2018 00:41

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:36 by Tinwheeler

I think, Grant, that the poster knows full well it’s a crazy scheme but he so enjoys the feedback.laughing

Posted on 18/01/2018 00:41

What's crazy about it, TW? Just think, this new car means I'll never have to buy petrol ever again! Think of how much money that will save over the next 10 years! In 10 years at £2500 per year, that's £25,000 saving, which is more saving than the value of the car! Now what's so pointless about that?

cariadon replied on 18/01/2018 08:12

Posted on 18/01/2018 08:12

Just think, this new car means I'll never have to buy petrol ever again! Think of how much money that will save over the next 10 years! In 10 years at £2500 per year,

I've got £45 worth of Tesco points so far but there are still more points to come!

How will the new system affect you, will you have to spend more to get the same number of points .

cariadon replied on 18/01/2018 08:16

Posted on 18/01/2018 00:30 by

At the time when I bought my current car, I was working for dinner2go and the electric version wasn't available then. It wasn't until June the following year that they brought out the Smart Electric. Dinner2go can provide these cars themselves but charge rental to do so. So at the time I went by their recommendation, not realising that the job would come to an end 3 months later. It did save money compared to the Shogun as it used half the amount of fuel without wearing the clutch and other expensive repairs.

Posted on 18/01/2018 08:16

So do you believe everything people tell you when buying large items without doing some research yourself. I bet salesmen love to see you, no wonder you get free tea.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook