The Pointless Page

SteveL replied on 17/01/2018 11:05

Posted on 17/01/2018 10:43 by

That's why I'm getting an electric car, cariadon, so that I won't be out of pocket once it is delivered. The problem of that is not the job, it's having the wrong car.

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:05

Malcolm. The actual cost of buying it over the four years as apposed to keeping your current model, almost certainly means you will be out of pocket. 

However, even if the above statement is wrong, can you truely say you have researched EV's sufficiently, and the Smart in particular, to know it is the right car for the job.

replied on 17/01/2018 11:10

Posted on 17/01/2018 02:38 by

The other thing, Kj, is that having a second car has proved useful for our own personal usage. The Shogun with the roof box doesn't fit under the height limit barriers of many car parks. So we now use the Smart car which is much more convenient for parking when shopping in town cantres and fitting into the multi storey car park when taking my wife to her dental appointments at Guys Hospital. So it's useful as a run around for those short urban trips, whilst the Shogun is necessary as a tow car. So two different cars to do two very different tasks.

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:10

A very expensive run around. 

Anyway it is totally pointless giving Malcolm any advice as he never takes it. However it does appear he has finally realised that working for Dinner to go was ridiculous but I remember him vehemently defending them at the time.

Metheven replied on 17/01/2018 11:15

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:15

Why do you feel the need to give advice, or why do you think he wants advice, can you not leave him to run his own life how he wants without people knowing what is best for him undecided Are you all employed by Citizens Advice?

On the other hand, I think he may well be enjoying this load of rubbish as much as anyone.wink

brue replied on 17/01/2018 11:17

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:17

That is the puzzle Metheven and why, it would be great if we just had a MM advice thread but not on here, especially as there is some irony about it on a Pointless Thread! wink

replied on 17/01/2018 11:21

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:15 by Metheven

Why do you feel the need to give advice, or why do you think he wants advice, can you not leave him to run his own life how he wants without people knowing what is best for him undecided Are you all employed by Citizens Advice?

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:21

Good point but I would hope that others would give me their honest opinion if I was about to embark on what they saw as a crazy scheme.

You don't have to agree with advice given in the pub but it does make for an enjoyable night out.  laughing

replied on 17/01/2018 11:22

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:22

It's amazing the savings that can be made simply by increasing your outgoings.

brue replied on 17/01/2018 11:25

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:25

Remember the old Oscar Wilde quote on hunting...the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable.....pointless.

ABM replied on 17/01/2018 11:32

Posted on 16/01/2018 14:14 by Tammygirl

So why not do it now then yell

EDIT: What are you frightened of, leaving your wife at home for a few hours maybeundecided

If you were to move to Tesco, you could work anywhere, so possibly a more affordable  part of the country, also your wife could also get a job there. Win Win if you ask me, and don't forget the staff discount 10% I believe, more of those lovely Tesco points wink

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:32

" If  you  were  to  move  to  Tesco ,, ,, ,, ,, "

I  thought  for  a  moment  you'd  written  TRESCO   TammyG !!  I  was  sitting  here  envisaging  a  delivery  run  in  an  Electric  Speed  Boat  !!

But  that  would  be  really  Pointless  wink

Now  I'll  go  &  stand  by  my  front  window,  ogling  my  nice  MOT'ed,  serviced , cleaned  motor  with  a  full  set  of  new  boots  on  --  and  you  wonder  why  I  call  it  a  "She"   kissembarassed

Tinwheeler replied on 17/01/2018 11:36

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:21 by

Good point but I would hope that others would give me their honest opinion if I was about to embark on what they saw as a crazy scheme.

You don't have to agree with advice given in the pub but it does make for an enjoyable night out.  laughing

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:36

I think, Grant, that the poster knows full well it’s a crazy scheme but he so enjoys the feedback.laughing

JayEss replied on 17/01/2018 11:48

Posted on 17/01/2018 11:48

If Malcolm is in the financial position he says he is then most of the advice he's getting is pretty pointless whether he wants it or not. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook