The Pointless Page

Takethedogalong replied on 13/01/2018 14:04

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:04

I agree totally Malcolm. You can talk about what you want, and I find some of your posts very interesting. But allowing others a vicarious enjoyment questioning your right at times, (on a number of threads,) to live your life as you want to, divulging some rather personal details about your finances, your partner and other members of your family and letting others pick those aspects apart isn't totally wise,  If you are happy doing it, and others are happy to continue to assist, then by all means carry on, but it would be helpful if you could decide whether or not it is going to dominate either Pointless or What are you doing today, rather than both. That is all I am suggesting.

As regards people reporting posts, has it occurred to you that the reports might have been done as some thought there was an element of bullying you, trying to act to prevent things escalating? You soak up a lot of criticism, and there are folks out there that care. 

replied on 13/01/2018 14:20

Posted on 13/01/2018 13:42 by brue

You are on the wrong thread Malcolm! 

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:20

Yes I can see that now, brue. Having said that, the two threads are very similar but with different titles. This one 'Tell us your news and trivia' how is that any different a thread from 'What are you up to?'

brue replied on 13/01/2018 14:20

Posted on 13/01/2018 12:26 by DavidKlyne

Brue

I just hope those concerned are reading your post. It seems to be that many of the posts in this thread are a long way from where you intended it to be. Perhaps people don't appreciate that they can start new threads in General Chat?

David

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:20

I emailed Rowena during the week about the possibility of closing this thread due to the drift away from it's original spirit and intentions. I also thought it might be be better to concentrate resources on the one remaining social thread? So if suggestions and requests are ignored I can only think this is inevitable?

replied on 13/01/2018 14:29

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:29

if suggestions and requests are ignored I can only think this is inevitable?

As this is a catch all thread I do not see why it will inevitably be closed. 

cariadon replied on 13/01/2018 14:31

Posted on 13/01/2018 13:40 by

The very title of this thread 'What are you up to?' invites people to talk about their lifestyle or at least post details of what they are doing whether it is health, financial matters or household matters. People post on here about their visits to the doctor, hospital, dentist, children, grandchildren and many other things and many of these posts are repetitive too. So it doesn't seem right to me to single out the purchase of an EV or a visit to the salesman of a car dealer as a taboo topic, whilst other subjects of discussion such as whether someone's cold is getting better or the pile of laundry that is waiting to be done are considered more acceptable.

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:31

What you must realise Malcolm that the forum is not a "hidden" one and when you use your name anyone can google it and see what you have posted. If you don't believe me try Googling your name + caravan , or + Brighton etc.

brue replied on 13/01/2018 14:32

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:32

I don't really have any further say in the matter EasyT. It is now up the individuals involved. smile

replied on 13/01/2018 14:35

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:35

Indeed Brue. New Threads are like children. We can bring about the birth, nurture them as they grow but at some stage they are subject to the vagaries of the world wink

huskydog replied on 13/01/2018 14:46

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:46

Something to bring it back to the OP

We sell pencils that you have to sharpen yourself ....now there pointlesscool

replied on 13/01/2018 15:09

Posted on 13/01/2018 14:31 by cariadon

What you must realise Malcolm that the forum is not a "hidden" one and when you use your name anyone can google it and see what you have posted. If you don't believe me try Googling your name + caravan , or + Brighton etc.

Posted on 13/01/2018 15:09

Probably find all the posts on CT and little else. 

Metheven replied on 13/01/2018 15:17

Posted on 13/01/2018 15:17

We ordered a Pizza last night, it duly arrived about 35 minutes later and I handed over a £20 note. The guy who had problems speaking English gave me too much change so I returned it telling him so and he thanked me for the tip, still couldn't get him to understand he'd given me too much change so pointless me standing at the door while it was getting cold. He went away happy thinking he'd had a tip.money-mouthfrown

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook