The Pointless Page

SteveL replied on 13/01/2018 10:47

Posted on 13/01/2018 10:47

The charging places map was very interesting. Looking at the ones around us, the majority are in places that you cannot go unless you are a visitor or a customer. Hotels, work places and an expensive hospital car park. So hardly user friendly, if you were looking for a fast charge while onroute. There is one at the local Asda, so that one would be OK.

The number certainly need expanding in more public places for it to be viable for more than home to work and local shopping. Which would enable you to charge only at home, 

DavidKlyne replied on 13/01/2018 10:50

Posted on 13/01/2018 05:47 by

The problem, David, is that over the years many threads were closed because of excessive reporting by some who did not like the topic of discussion and wanted it closed. This frustrated others who found the topic of discussion interesting. Not everybody finds it interesting to discuss mundane matters such as their washing and ironing!

Posted on 13/01/2018 10:50

Malcolm

Threads are closed because they tend to get out of hand or start to get personal. If as a members of the forum people see this and it concerns them,they are entitled to report it. As I said the Community Manager will take all views into consideration and make a decision based on what is best for the forum as a whole. That might involve deleting posts it might  mean closing a discussion. Many of those closed discussions have gone over and over the same point many times and there is little new that can be added. I think also there is a tendency for the likes of the Pointless and What you up to today threads to get bogged down in specific discussion topics which should have been started as a separate discussions.  You mention mundane but are you confident that some of your own posts don't fit into that category? 

David

brue replied on 13/01/2018 11:02

Posted on 13/01/2018 11:02

David, there is now another new discussion area about EVs and it would be good to see those who are interested contributing their points of view in the new area rather than triplicating over three areas as at present. This would leave space on the social threads for other people and general chat?

replied on 13/01/2018 11:11

Posted on 13/01/2018 11:11

Have they not closed that one yet? 

JVB66 replied on 13/01/2018 11:40

Posted on 13/01/2018 10:47 by SteveL

The charging places map was very interesting. Looking at the ones around us, the majority are in places that you cannot go unless you are a visitor or a customer. Hotels, work places and an expensive hospital car park. So hardly user friendly, if you were looking for a fast charge while onroute. There is one at the local Asda, so that one would be OK.

The number certainly need expanding in more public places for it to be viable for more than home to work and local shopping. Which would enable you to charge only at home, 

Posted on 13/01/2018 11:40

The charging places arround us are apar from what seems  two or three, are all in areas not accessible to other than staff of the Uni/company

DavidKlyne replied on 13/01/2018 12:26

Posted on 13/01/2018 11:02 by brue

David, there is now another new discussion area about EVs and it would be good to see those who are interested contributing their points of view in the new area rather than triplicating over three areas as at present. This would leave space on the social threads for other people and general chat?

Posted on 13/01/2018 12:26

Brue

I just hope those concerned are reading your post. It seems to be that many of the posts in this thread are a long way from where you intended it to be. Perhaps people don't appreciate that they can start new threads in General Chat?

David

brue replied on 13/01/2018 12:40

Posted on 13/01/2018 12:40

David. Yes the thread has strayed from my original intentions to steer clear of certain over repeated topics including those about work, which some kindly commented was a relief for them. smile

The details had to be removed due to some adverse posts at the start.

And yes, anyone can start a new topic elsewhere, I think it would improve interest in CT. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 13/01/2018 13:09

Posted on 13/01/2018 13:09

I am reading your posts DK and brue, and thank DK for trying. I don't have a problem with anything being posted, but as I pointed out earlier, certain topics are dominating both threads, and still are despite efforts to actually open up a dedicated thread about EVs. I will quite happily read about someone's lifestyle and the determined efforts of others to question, advise, undermine, disprove any aspect of it, but even that is better via one thread, as at least the second thread gives welcome relief when it all gets too much! You can easily choose not to read one thread, but more difficult to avoid if it's all over the place. 

replied on 13/01/2018 13:40

Posted on 13/01/2018 13:09 by Takethedogalong

I am reading your posts DK and brue, and thank DK for trying. I don't have a problem with anything being posted, but as I pointed out earlier, certain topics are dominating both threads, and still are despite efforts to actually open up a dedicated thread about EVs. I will quite happily read about someone's lifestyle and the determined efforts of others to question, advise, undermine, disprove any aspect of it, but even that is better via one thread, as at least the second thread gives welcome relief when it all gets too much! You can easily choose not to read one thread, but more difficult to avoid if it's all over the place. 

Posted on 13/01/2018 13:40

The very title of this thread 'What are you up to?' invites people to talk about their lifestyle or at least post details of what they are doing whether it is health, financial matters or household matters. People post on here about their visits to the doctor, hospital, dentist, children, grandchildren and many other things and many of these posts are repetitive too. So it doesn't seem right to me to single out the purchase of an EV or a visit to the salesman of a car dealer as a taboo topic, whilst other subjects of discussion such as whether someone's cold is getting better or the pile of laundry that is waiting to be done are considered more acceptable.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook