Senior Moments.

replied on 02/09/2017 17:45

Posted on 02/09/2017 17:45

Got back to caravan about 3.45pm. Picked up tablet about 4pm to look at this caravan forum as I had not been on for a week. Was having trouble reading posts and had to keep cranking up magnification.l kept thinkIng that I did not remember a problem when viewing the site on the tablet 6 weeks ago. An hour later as church bells chimed 5pm I realised that I was still wearing distance glasses 

Alan

replied on 02/09/2017 20:04

Posted on 02/09/2017 20:04

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

papgeno replied on 03/09/2017 12:38

Posted on 03/09/2017 12:38

I tried to solve that problem by getting some varifocals but can I read in them for more than a few minutes? Can I heck as like. So I've had to get a pair of reading specs as well and I never know which I've got onπŸ€”

ABM replied on 03/09/2017 23:24

Posted on 03/09/2017 23:24

I  use  bi-focals  now  !  Not  ideal  but  better  than  carrying / wearing  two  pairs  !!

The  only  trouble  is  in  newsagents  like  WHSmiths  where  I  cannot  read  stuff  on  the  top  shelf  without  standing  on  tiptoe  and  tilting  my  head  back  !  Then  again  I  cannot  read  the  bottom  shelf  either  without  getting  on  my  knees  and  tilting  the  head  back  again  !  Suppose  i  could  always  grab  the  mags  &  see  if  they  are  what  I  wanted,  but  that  can  be  a  tad  embarrassing  at  times  surprisedembarassed

papgeno replied on 04/09/2017 22:50

Posted on 04/09/2017 22:50

Had a couple of senior moments this week. First when washing up I managed to break a casserole dish (turned out it was OH's favourite) then yesterday I broke a wine glass, it just slipped from my grasp, thankfully we'd had it a while and it was only a cheap one from IKEA. 

What am I doing wrong I still can't get out of doing the washing up!

papgeno replied on 06/09/2017 13:04

Posted on 04/09/2017 23:37 by SELL

Buy a dishwasher, no more washing up then

Posted on 06/09/2017 13:04

Would have bought one years ago but we just don't have room. I'll just have to find something expensive to breakπŸ€”

Bakers2 replied on 06/09/2017 13:28

Posted on 06/09/2017 13:04 by papgeno

Would have bought one years ago but we just don't have room. I'll just have to find something expensive to breakπŸ€”

Posted on 06/09/2017 13:28

We had one when we refitted our kitchen a few years ago. We only have a small kitchen so was a difficult decision. Wish we hadn't. Dishes have to be clean before they go in 😲😲. Glad my washing machine starts with dirty clothes and churns them out clean, occasionally a bit of stain treatment required before hand. But dishwasher needs them clean, takes an age to do the task, I then have to allow it to dry or do do with a tea cloth. Doing the dishes takes minutes, job done start to finish and all away. Socialable too as can chat to a helper or enjoy the solitude πŸ˜ƒ. Start the next part of your life and no returning to finish off previous job

EmilysDad replied on 06/09/2017 14:25

Posted on 06/09/2017 13:28 by Bakers2

We had one when we refitted our kitchen a few years ago. We only have a small kitchen so was a difficult decision. Wish we hadn't. Dishes have to be clean before they go in 😲😲. Glad my washing machine starts with dirty clothes and churns them out clean, occasionally a bit of stain treatment required before hand. But dishwasher needs them clean, takes an age to do the task, I then have to allow it to dry or do do with a tea cloth. Doing the dishes takes minutes, job done start to finish and all away. Socialable too as can chat to a helper or enjoy the solitude πŸ˜ƒ. Start the next part of your life and no returning to finish off previous job

Posted on 06/09/2017 14:25

I don't care how long it takes our dish washer to wash them ...... I aint doing them 😊

KjellNN replied on 07/09/2017 23:32

Posted on 06/09/2017 13:28 by Bakers2

Posted on 07/09/2017 23:32

Clean??  We just stick in the plates as they are, not with left over food on them of course, then rinse and leave for the next meal, repeat till full.

OH usually puts it on either overnight or in the afternoon.  Dishes sit in it to dry till the next meal.  A full intensive wash takes 138 minutes.

Would not like to be without the dishwasher.

2 things we miss when away in the caravan.....the dishwasher and the Insinkerator!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook