New Logo

TwoJays replied on 14/03/2017 10:32

Posted on 14/03/2017 10:32

Having seen various comments about the need for the name change, I've seen nothing about the safety aspects of the new signage. Have just returned from our first visit to a Club site since the change and discovered that the new signs/logo are almost unreadable from any distance on a busy road. The entrance to the Cirencester site is off a busy road down a lane which serves several facilities. Although we know the area, the entrance is one of three quite close together so I was approaching it carefully to make sure of the right one.

We saw a 'familiar' green sign and headed for it; fortunately it was the right entrance but the wrong sign. The CC sign was on the same post but almost indistinguishable with the tiny nonsensical logo and small lettering. Had we not known the area and seen the other sign we could have missed it.

Does anyone actually road test these things, or talk to local Road Safety Officers before these highly expensive changes are made? The previous signs were colourful, easily seen and did what it said on the tin. These look like a cheap ice cream logo and do not stand out at a distance.

Oh yes, and we were told we couldn't buy a green site badge as they are also being changed but none had arrived yet!

SteveL replied on 14/03/2017 11:29

Posted on 14/03/2017 11:29

Whilst I would agree the new signs leave a lot to be desired in terms of visibility. I would have thought the OP's comments more applicable to CL's than the main sites. 

Since the advent of Google street view I have not visited a site without checking the entrance out first. Therefore I am well aware of what the entrance looks like, plus helpful markers just before the turn. CL's on the other hand have not always been visited by the camera car.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/03/2017 11:52

Posted on 14/03/2017 11:52

Unfortunately we have not been able to get away yet this year so have not had the opportunity to compare the two. Having said that I tend to do the same as Steve and look at those sites I am unfamiliar with on Google Earth. I know people have posted a picture of the CL sign, be quite interesting to see one the campsite signs.

David

peedee replied on 14/03/2017 12:17

Posted on 14/03/2017 12:17

I have not see one either but if they are that bad perhaps a refelective border on the sign might make it stand out more?

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 14/03/2017 13:03

Posted on 14/03/2017 13:03

Give it time and I'm sure the amateur looking new signs will become as familiar as the old ones.

JVB66 replied on 14/03/2017 15:21

Posted on 14/03/2017 13:03 by Tinwheeler

Give it time and I'm sure the amateur looking new signs will become as familiar as the old ones.

Posted on 14/03/2017 15:21

undecided

nelliethehooker replied on 14/03/2017 20:09

Posted on 14/03/2017 20:09

I wonder how many of the "millions" of members that the CC has do actually read the magazine or the information supplied on the web site with regards to the new signs. I suspect that many will be looking for the sign that they are familiar with when visiting a new site or CL and easily miss the new one.

Before anyone says that they would have seen the information when making a booking, perhaps they've used the old Site Directory to glean the information they require re telephone numbers and directions. Most of course do not look at or even know the existence of this forum and so will not have been following all the discussions on this subject.

Bakers2 replied on 14/03/2017 20:15

Posted on 14/03/2017 20:15

If you collect club plaques were you offered one for the site in the new design posted free of charge?

If not why not? Surely after all the planning redesigning of sites book magazine etc these should have been ready from day one!

malkie replied on 14/03/2017 22:01

Posted on 14/03/2017 22:01

We are at Cherry Hinton site in Cambridge, the signs at the entrance have been updated, and are certainly less 'visible' than the previous signs. This was no problem to us as we have been here before.

Elsewhere there were a few signs in the new colour scheme, but there has certainly not been a wholesale clear out of green signs. The staf are still wearing their friendly green garb too.

We have been members long enough to remember the last time they changed 'dark' green for light, so I expect we will get used the new colours. New investment is always welcome, but will we get any new sites to go with the new look? 

DavidSquires replied on 10/04/2017 12:48

Posted on 10/04/2017 12:48

In the last week we have visited 2 Caravan Club Sites that we had not visited before.  The first one was at the end of a lane, so it was probably obvious where the site was but seeing that new and completely useless logo in the distance did little to confirm the location. (Burrs Country Park)

The second Caravan Club site we visited, fortunately had left the older and easily recognisable signs in place.  I say fortunately because the site was on a main road, slightly hidden from view and if it had not been for the Caravan Club signs, I am sure I would have gone straight past.

The new logo has done nothing whatsoever to enhance the reputation of the club and the new name is too much like that other UK brand of Caravan Sites.

Change is good when it is for the better, this certainly is not!

Tinwheeler replied on 10/04/2017 12:51

Posted on 10/04/2017 12:51

You'll get used to it, DS, and then you'll be looking out for the new tasteless but, by then, familiar signs. cool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook