FAO ADP1963

EmilysDad replied on 02/02/2016 18:50

Posted on 02/02/2016 18:50

I've given up trying to find the post ...... Oh for a search that works Sealed

Just to let you know, that I've collected my Merc today ... it was a valve distribution block and was a mere £536 all in. Cool .... it could have been worse Wink

EmilysDad replied on 03/02/2016 10:58

Posted on 03/02/2016 10:58

Thats really bad!  If nothing by lunchtime take your concern to MB UK!

TF

I'll give them another call soon before I take it higher Wink

ADP1963 replied on 03/02/2016 18:06

Posted on 03/02/2016 18:06

Did Merc sort it ror you Molly ?,I hope they did, especially as you could have done the job youself correctly.

EmilysDad replied on 03/02/2016 18:11

Posted on 03/02/2016 18:11

Did Merc sort it ror you Molly ?,I hope they did, especially as you could have done the job youself correctly.

The plot thickens ...... I eventually spoke to MB again who said that after speaking to the 'technician' the car was doing as it should ..... it's OK for the compressor to run a little to bring the car back up to the correct height Surprised. I explained then that they'd done a job that didn't need doing because the car is now as low on ONE corner as it had been before they started. After I'd sent them pictures of it they agreed it wasn't correct & I made plans for it to go back tomorrow. This afternoon I opened the car to get something, didn't start it, but it lifted itself back up ..... and so far it's still at the correct ride height Undecided 

I'll see what they say tomorrow

ADP1963 replied on 03/02/2016 18:30

Posted on 03/02/2016 18:30

The plot thickens ...... I eventually spoke to MB again who said that after speaking to the 'technician' the car was doing as it should ..... it's OK for the compressor to run a little to bring the car back up to the correct height Surprised. I explained then that they'd done a job that didn't need doing because the car is now as low on ONE corner as it had been before they started. After I'd sent them pictures of it they agreed it wasn't correct & I made plans for it to go back tomorrow. This afternoon I opened the car to get something, didn't start it, but it lifted itself back up ..... and so far it's still at the correct ride height Undecided 

I'll see what they say tomorrow

Write your comments here...I bet that is wee weeing you off big time!.

EmilysDad replied on 03/02/2016 19:38

Posted on 03/02/2016 19:38

Maybe the technician should be relegated to the tyre bay

Maybe Tongue Out. Same MB dealer fitted tyres .... at great expense ... and thought it was acceptable to balance one of them with 105 grammes. I objected & took the car back for them to have another go. He didn't think he was out of order though, infact he'd used 200g in the past!!! Surprised Not on my car. He went away & was chuffed with himself at using just 30g

EmilysDad replied on 09/02/2016 17:34

Posted on 09/02/2016 17:34

Phoned today to ask about my car ....... apparently it's been checked morning, afternoon & evening for the past few days and it's remained level Undecided We'll have to see how it goes when I collect it on Thurs

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook