Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Whittakerr replied on 10/01/2022 10:07

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:07

I thought it ironic that one news report I heard stated he was not allowed in his Australian layers offices as they had a no vax no admittance policy.undecided

JVB66 replied on 10/01/2022 10:19

Posted on 10/01/2022 10:19

I am glad to note that the Australian immigration rules are not at this time , going to be "relaxed?" because of whoever he is, and the it seems by reports and evidence "fake covid"infection 

ABM replied on 10/01/2022 13:02

Posted on 10/01/2022 08:54 by Rocky 2 buckets

It’s not over yet-he may yet have his rejection reimposed due to his no vax status. I think they will do more harm by giving in to him than letting him stay. If I was an Aussie I’d be out there countering these we love Serbia types-the types that left the Serbia they love so much to live in Australia🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

Posted on 10/01/2022 13:02

+ 100 %  there Rocky

Tammygirl replied on 12/01/2022 15:02

Posted on 12/01/2022 15:02

It's certainly not consistent what he and his lawyers have been saying. Whichever way you look at it, they should stick to the rules and make an example me of the situation. Might just focus some of the anti vaxxers minds if someone as prominent as him is refused entry to a country.

On the up side by BIL had his 4th jab on Monday smile

On the down side our DIL and  grandchildren have still not been vaxed, our son has had all of his. Can't get through to her she should, even when I pointed out she can't go on holiday it made no difference. The eldest granddaughters ears pricked up though laughing

replied on 12/01/2022 15:35

Posted on 12/01/2022 15:02 by Tammygirl

It's certainly not consistent what he and his lawyers have been saying. Whichever way you look at it, they should stick to the rules and make an example me of the situation. Might just focus some of the anti vaxxers minds if someone as prominent as him is refused entry to a country.

On the down side our DIL and  grandchildren have still not been vaxed, our son has had all of his. Can't get through to her she should, even when I pointed out she can't go on holiday it made no difference. The eldest granddaughters ears pricked up though laughing

Posted on 12/01/2022 15:35

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 16/01/2022 11:50

Posted on 16/01/2022 11:50

Finally the Aus gov did the right thing and threw Novak Djokovic out. Dont like politics in sport but i think the guy was his own worst enemy laughing

DEBSC replied on 16/01/2022 12:09

Posted on 12/01/2022 15:02 by Tammygirl

Posted on 16/01/2022 12:09

That’s interesting TammyG. Which reasons is she giving? What does your son say about his children not being vaccinated? Difficult for you as you no doubt want to see them.

IMO the Australians handled this badly by letting him in and then dragging their feet for so long. He made his choice and should expect the consequences, as should others, why should the rich and famous expect different treatment from the rest of us. I think many Australians will be glad of see him get on a plane.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2022 13:41

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:41

We have a neice who is getting married this year, had what will be quite a big wedding booked from pre covid. Both Bride and Groom haven’t had a single jab yet, despite carefully worded suggestions from family. I do wonder what they will do if the hotel phones and wants to check their vaccination status. Apparently neither are anti vaxxer, so it does rather beg the question why are you @rsing about then. They have a small child as well. Her parents are so worried about them, both work in environments where they are in constant contact with others, of all ages.🤷‍♀️

LLM replied on 16/01/2022 20:01

Posted on 16/01/2022 13:41 by Takethedogalong

We have a neice who is getting married this year, had what will be quite a big wedding booked from pre covid. Both Bride and Groom haven’t had a single jab yet, despite carefully worded suggestions from family. I do wonder what they will do if the hotel phones and wants to check their vaccination status. Apparently neither are anti vaxxer, so it does rather beg the question why are you @rsing about then. They have a small child as well. Her parents are so worried about them, both work in environments where they are in constant contact with others, of all ages.🤷‍♀️

Posted on 16/01/2022 20:01

I'm not surprised.  We are still getting a regular, but thankfully reducing, stream of people of all ages presenting for their first jab.  I've heard every reason imaginable for the delays and some beyond my imagination, but that's life.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook