Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

DavidKlyne replied on 22/01/2022 10:03

Posted on 22/01/2022 10:03

Some might find this Dr John Campbell video interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHvwWWcjYw Apparently there has been a Freedom of Information request for information on the number of deaths from COVID that were not due to other underlying health conditions or causes. This is a link to the ONS response to the request. https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsfromcovid19withnootherunderlyingcauses?s=09 In the 18 months from March 2020 to September 2021 there have been just under 18000 deaths that fit into this category which contrasts with the official statistics of over 150000 COVID deaths since the start of the pandemic.  

David

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 22/01/2022 10:35

Posted on 22/01/2022 10:03 by DavidKlyne

Some might find this Dr John Campbell video interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHvwWWcjYw Apparently there has been a Freedom of Information request for information on the number of deaths from COVID that were not due to other underlying health conditions or causes. This is a link to the ONS response to the request. https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsfromcovid19withnootherunderlyingcauses?s=09 In the 18 months from March 2020 to September 2021 there have been just under 18000 deaths that fit into this category which contrasts with the official statistics of over 150000 COVID deaths since the start of the pandemic.  

David

Posted on 22/01/2022 10:35

I’ve been following DrJ & Zoe’s Tim Spector since they began their YouTube journey. It’s no nonsense facts backed up by scientific studies from around the world. They both often contradict the Govt & call the Govt out for their slapdash attitude at times. Very, very trustworthy. He is where I got the Omicron facts from weeks ago as he was in touch with South African colleagues. I posted it & was called out for being over optimistic🤷🏻‍♂️
it has now come to pass👍🏻

brue replied on 22/01/2022 11:29

Posted on 22/01/2022 11:29

I presume the 18,000 are part of the whole 150,000 so I'm not sure what can be learned from that except 18,000 healthy individuals succumbed which is the size of somewhere like Ripon in Yorks, a bit more in fact. And the remaining number about half the population of your town David, Milton Keynes? Sad figures when looked into on a personal level. 

I suspect statistics like these are variable and all sorts of facts will eventually emerge from them with age as a common part?

heddlo replied on 22/01/2022 11:38

Posted on 22/01/2022 11:38

Question for LLM, if you know please, as I can’t anything out from other sources!   My son and daughter-in-law have had 3 Pfizer vaccinations in Macau, they have now found out that UK doesn’t recognise Macau vaccinations!  They are due here in the next few weeks and now it appears they have to enter as unvaccinated, and do the appropriate tests and quarantine.  I may understand it if they had a Sinovac jab, or the other Chinese based one, but not Pfizer.  I have been using, and reporting on, the Zoe app since the beginning and found Tim Spectre, and John Campbell, both to be much more honest and understandable than some of the Government information.  The Zoe app Covid numbers have been very different to the ONS numbers as well. 

LLM replied on 26/01/2022 08:47

Posted on 22/01/2022 11:38 by heddlo

Question for LLM, if you know please, as I can’t anything out from other sources!   My son and daughter-in-law have had 3 Pfizer vaccinations in Macau, they have now found out that UK doesn’t recognise Macau vaccinations!  They are due here in the next few weeks and now it appears they have to enter as unvaccinated, and do the appropriate tests and quarantine.  I may understand it if they had a Sinovac jab, or the other Chinese based one, but not Pfizer.  I have been using, and reporting on, the Zoe app since the beginning and found Tim Spectre, and John Campbell, both to be much more honest and understandable than some of the Government information.  The Zoe app Covid numbers have been very different to the ONS numbers as well. 

Posted on 26/01/2022 08:47

Very sorry heddlo. I have not the faintest idea why Pfizer given in Macau is not acceptable to HMG.  

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/01/2022 09:23

Posted on 22/01/2022 11:38 by heddlo

Posted on 26/01/2022 09:23

I can offer an insight without guarantees H-Macau is a Chinese dependency, China’s covid-19 vaccine has proved to be weak as has Russia’s so I’m thinking that if it’s not powerful enough Western Govt’s don’t trust its efficacy. In short it’s not to be trusted. That is generally how places allied to ‘rogue states’ are viewed.

brue replied on 26/01/2022 09:59

Posted on 26/01/2022 09:59

Heddlo. I'm not sure if my first post will appear so I'm repeating myself.

I had a look at ukgov Covid entry requirements. It lists all the approved immunisations.

It also states that Macau gets entry approval on Feb 4th. So hope your family visit goes well! smile

PS best to check this for yourself in case I'm wrong.

LLM replied on 26/01/2022 17:35

Posted on 26/01/2022 17:35

Content has been removed.

LLM replied on 26/01/2022 17:54

Posted on 26/01/2022 17:54

The requirement for volunteer vaccinators has substantially reduced.  My site is now doing just a short day per week.  I'm am now thankfully redundant.  Time to point the RV south đź‘Ť. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/01/2022 18:12

Posted on 26/01/2022 18:12

Content has been removed.
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook