Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Takethedogalong replied on 07/01/2022 09:55

Posted on 07/01/2022 06:53 by kenexton

My OH has just received her 4th  Covid jab.I await  mine-both of us having underlying health conditions.She has had them all now-2 Astra Zeneca,one Pfizer and ,to top them off,a Moderna.

No ill effects from any of them for her other than slight headache,such as the flu jab gives you.

She is much more relaxed about going out and about now-albeit always with a  mask on.

Despite 3 Pfizer jabs and" precautions" I caught a stinking cold  over Christmas .It was not Covid ,as I was tested and tested again -at the OH's insistence.

So,Life goes on and you can still catch an ordinary cold -just like I do most Christmas times!

Posted on 07/01/2022 09:55

We have both had two really bad colds, very unusual for us, and like you we tested each time. We are in similar situation K, OH still needs to be very careful, particularly as he will be having more surgery later this year. But we are getting on with things our own way, do what we consider best for us, and those close to us. Most (but not all😡) family and friends we can trust to understand why we are being so cautious.

Al the best, hope the cold keeps away👍

SteveL replied on 07/01/2022 10:00

Posted on 07/01/2022 09:53 by ADP1963

Had a phone call yesterday to say I was eligible for a fourth jab . I agreed and the nurse was at the front door within an hour and the job was done. I didn't ask what Vaccine it was and neither did I have an additional card to say what it was. All alright as far as I am concerned ,however my Son is very anxious over the lack of information I am without.

Posted on 07/01/2022 10:00

If it’s anything like the three jabs we’ve had, they showed up immediately on our GP record. If you have online access you should find the information there. If you don’t currently have access you can request it, or at least get them to check up on what you were given.

brue replied on 07/01/2022 10:29

Posted on 07/01/2022 10:29

Adp. I think I'd phone the gp surgery and ask them to check the details for you. Good to hear that the extra vaccines are being done.

Rufs replied on 07/01/2022 12:16

Posted on 07/01/2022 12:16

"Finger pointing at individuals and particular nations achieves absolutely nothing"

agree, leaders are damned if they do and damned if they dont, but have to congratulate MACRON when he said he hoped he "was pissing anti vaxxers off"

just had a friend, French, return from France, anti vaxxer, said it was like living in Nazi Germany in France just now as an anti vaxxer, me thinks we should be doing something similar, undecided 

Wherenext replied on 07/01/2022 13:52

Posted on 07/01/2022 13:52

just had a friend, French, return from France, anti vaxxer, said it was like living in Nazi Germany in France just now as an anti vaxxer, me thinks we should be doing something similar, 

There has been a lot of this type of comparison during this pandemic and I think people need to keep a bit of perspective.

Is this friend of yours going to be deported to a concentration camp? Quite frankly these blithe and rather trite statements insult the memory of people who suffered far worse, and some still are in certain parts of the world, than this French person, who has suffered what indignity? Maybe he might not be able to go into certain establishments but comparing his position with the millions killed by a despotic regime is pitiful and childish. Get some perspective.

Please convey my comments to your friend Rufs if you wish.

replied on 07/01/2022 15:09

Posted on 07/01/2022 12:16 by Rufs

"Finger pointing at individuals and particular nations achieves absolutely nothing"

agree, leaders are damned if they do and damned if they dont, but have to congratulate MACRON when he said he hoped he "was pissing anti vaxxers off"

just had a friend, French, return from France, anti vaxxer, said it was like living in Nazi Germany in France just now as an anti vaxxer, me thinks we should be doing something similar, undecided 

Posted on 07/01/2022 15:09

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 07/01/2022 15:18

Posted on 07/01/2022 12:16 by Rufs

Posted on 07/01/2022 15:18

Was he also navigating ?a rubber dingysealed

Rufs replied on 07/01/2022 15:47

Posted on 07/01/2022 15:47

"Please convey my comments to your friend Rufs if you wish"

thank you, but no need, my retort, although not put as eloquently as yours, was more than sufficient to ensure he got the point as to how obnoxious his comments were, and he knows my feelings re anti vaxxers

Rufs replied on 07/01/2022 16:33

Posted on 07/01/2022 15:18 by JVB66

Was he also navigating ?a rubber dingysealed

Posted on 07/01/2022 16:33

ah! ah!, if wit was, I am sure you know the punch line laughing

Rufs replied on 07/01/2022 16:48

Posted on 07/01/2022 15:09 by

He must be quite ancient if he remember what living in Nazi Germany in France was like 🤔.  

Posted on 07/01/2022 16:48

Well After more than four years of Nazi occupation, i guess being French, 70+ years, and I am sure his family relating to him as a young boy  the horrors of those 4 years together with what is in the history books, I would say he has a very good knowledge. undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook