Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

peedee replied on 25/08/2021 13:21

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:21

Most tourist areas have seen significant rises in infections. I note the government is urging people not to travel to Cornwell or Deven unless they already have bookings. Could  be a few cancellations in the pipeline.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 25/08/2021 13:31

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:31

Yep, Cornwall now has the unwanted prize of topping the English league table for covid infections. People are urged to stay away if they don’t have bookings and to self test before, during and after their stays if they do come.

Thankyou, Boardmasters😤😤

Cornersteady replied on 25/08/2021 13:31

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:21 by peedee

Most tourist areas have seen significant rises in infections. I note the government is urging people not to travel to Cornwell or Deven unless they already have bookings. Could  be a few cancellations in the pipeline.

peedee

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:31

Could be a few cancellations in the pipeline.

You mean for the club? well at least they can make that decision based upon health considerations alone and without it costing them any money under the current booking system? An advantage of the club I would say in these times?

And some others can pick up the cancellation so not too much money may be lost by the club? Of course there may be other as yet unknown. to me anyway, impacts of those cancellations?

heddlo replied on 25/08/2021 13:33

Posted on 03/08/2021 15:10 by DSB

We've visited Healey's Cyder Farm today, as part of our Cornwall section of the holiday.  Lots of outdoor space where people are not wearing masks, but I reckon about 50% of folk were wearing masks in the indoor areas... a lot less than at home, to be honest.  Carol and I are still wearing masks in indoor areas.  Carol has popped into Sainsbury's at Truro, so I'll get a further mask report when she comes back to the car.

David

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:33

We have recently had our son and family staying with us from Hertfordshire.    They had a day out in York (with their masks)  and they were really surprised how many people were walking around, inside and outside, without masks compared to their own town.  I wonder if it’s that people are ‘on holiday’, so they don’t bother with masks perhaps?   Personally I think it was a bad call to make them voluntary.  

Cornersteady replied on 25/08/2021 13:35

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:35

I noticed a report yesterday that there was forty-five minute queue to reach the summit of Snowdon with record numbers in the region. Now I love the fells but queuing to reach a summit is something I would not do.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/08/2021 14:04

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:35 by Cornersteady

I noticed a report yesterday that there was forty-five minute queue to reach the summit of Snowdon with record numbers in the region. Now I love the fells but queuing to reach a summit is something I would not do.

Posted on 25/08/2021 14:04

And that’s with the train not going as far as the summit. There are so many other lovely mountain walks in North Wales. I think some folks are just ticking a box to be honest, look at me, I am here. Mind, I don’t recommend Tryfan for an afternoon stroll!😱

Tammygirl replied on 25/08/2021 14:08

Posted on 25/08/2021 14:08

Masks are mandatory still in Scotland, hasn't stop our figures soaring though. Yesterday was our highest figure for a very long time.

Children are now back to school up here so more testing going on, more tests more cases.

Our gkids boarding school went back last Tuesday, yesterday they closed the school for a firebreak as so many cases of covid showed up in their twice weekly testing.

All children were to do tests before returning to school. It would appear at least 1 family didn't bother. The result is all children now have to go home until halfway through September. As some of these children's homes are overseas its not going to be easy for them.

Covid has not gone away, it is still very much out there. 

We will carry on doing the same as we have done since this all started, masks sanitiser, distance.

Metheven replied on 25/08/2021 14:16

Posted on 25/08/2021 14:16

We still wear a mask in indoor areas when out and about, and avoid crowded areas. But I feel Covid, the news and the Government has taken a few steps back, gone quiet, and passing the outcome to the public to finalise.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 25/08/2021 15:29

Posted on 25/08/2021 14:16 by Metheven

We still wear a mask in indoor areas when out and about, and avoid crowded areas. But I feel Covid, the news and the Government has taken a few steps back, gone quiet, and passing the outcome to the public to finalise.

Posted on 25/08/2021 15:29

+1, I’ll go further-since Covid became a thing I’ve worn a mask when near others & I haven’t had a single sniffle👍🏻. I will be doing the whole mask gig well into the future maybe even ad infinitum🤷🏻‍♂️

SeasideBill replied on 25/08/2021 17:44

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:35 by Cornersteady

Posted on 25/08/2021 17:44

You won’t be tackling Everest then?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook