Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/08/2021 17:49

Posted on 25/08/2021 15:29 by Rocky 2 buckets

+1, I’ll go further-since Covid became a thing I’ve worn a mask when near others & I haven’t had a single sniffle👍🏻. I will be doing the whole mask gig well into the future maybe even ad infinitum🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted on 25/08/2021 17:49

Agree Rocky. Someone asked me why I was sanitising my basket the other day in a Coop. My response, looking them straight in the eye was “because there are a lot of very dirty humans about” 

Less colds, flu, gastrointestinal problems.....it all makes sense. 👍

LLM replied on 25/08/2021 17:59

Posted on 25/08/2021 17:49 by Takethedogalong

Agree Rocky. Someone asked me why I was sanitising my basket the other day in a Coop. My response, looking them straight in the eye was “because there are a lot of very dirty humans about” 

Posted on 25/08/2021 17:59

Unfortunately over time less of the common aliments translates to lower general immunity, lower immune response and more severe illness when infected.   

davetommo replied on 25/08/2021 18:11

Posted on 25/08/2021 17:49 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 25/08/2021 18:11

Hope you only wear the surgical mask once and if you have the cloth mask wash it regular, like after each wearing. I don’t wear a mask, I do wash my hands regular as I always did before covid. Plus I always keep my distance from people when possible.

InaD replied on 25/08/2021 18:32

Posted on 25/08/2021 13:31 by Cornersteady

Could be a few cancellations in the pipeline.

You mean for the club? well at least they can make that decision based upon health considerations alone and without it costing them any money under the current booking system? An advantage of the club I would say in these times?

And some others can pick up the cancellation so not too much money may be lost by the club? Of course there may be other as yet unknown. to me anyway, impacts of those cancellations?

Posted on 25/08/2021 18:32

And some others can pick up the cancellation so not too much money may be lost by the club?

As this relates to Devon and Cornwall, which are seeing a huge rise in infections, I would hope there wouldn't be others to pick up cancellations there.  I'm sure those living there wouldn't be impressed.  

Takethedogalong replied on 25/08/2021 18:44

Posted on 25/08/2021 17:59 by LLM

Unfortunately over time less of the common aliments translates to lower general immunity, lower immune response and more severe illness when infected.   

Posted on 25/08/2021 18:44

I like to cherry pick my germs😁Happy as Larry mucking out horses, grubbing around gardening, living in close proximity to my dogs. Unsanitary humans make me 🤢 though. 

triky auto replied on 25/08/2021 22:46

Posted on 25/08/2021 18:32 by InaD

And some others can pick up the cancellation so not too much money may be lost by the club?

As this relates to Devon and Cornwall, which are seeing a huge rise in infections, I would hope there wouldn't be others to pick up cancellations there.  I'm sure those living there wouldn't be impressed.  

Posted on 25/08/2021 22:46

surprised High rise in cases on the I.o.W too  !!  !!  undecided .

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 25/08/2021 23:09

Posted on 25/08/2021 17:59 by LLM

Posted on 25/08/2021 23:09

Unfortunately-taking prescription drugs & remedies for everything is pushing viruses & diseases to become evermore resistant & resilient. I choose to use anything in my arsenal I can to help keep my demise at bay. If it works use it👍🏻

cyberyacht replied on 28/08/2021 09:17

Posted on 28/08/2021 09:17

This weekend's crop of pop festivals will doubtless be "superspreader" events just in time for the return to school. Enter Private Fraser, stage left.

SeasideBill replied on 28/08/2021 10:35

Posted on 28/08/2021 09:17 by cyberyacht

This weekend's crop of pop festivals will doubtless be "superspreader" events just in time for the return to school. Enter Private Fraser, stage left.

Posted on 28/08/2021 10:35

Yes, seems Devon & Cornwall now have some sort of special status, a bit like ‘plague of the week award’ following similar ‘superspreader’ event here. Cornwall now has the highest infection rate in England - visit and you’ll see why. Increasing hospitalisation means Plymouth hospital is struggling and Cornwall is about to create new Covid ward. Maybe Private Fraser was right? If vaccination is the answer, most of us have less than 3 or 4 months to get a booster if the science is to be believed.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/09/2021 12:11

Posted on 01/09/2021 12:11

Thought I would post this video from Dr John Campbell reporting some changes in how we look at COVID. Some Scientists now think there will be no herd immunity and we will all be exposed to it. Obviously the vaccines will provide us with some protection, particularly from severe illness but they won't stop us getting it or passing it on. We could see changes to how figures are reported and also a change in mass testing. These reports come from individual scientists but as he points out we have not yet had a reaction from SAGE.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook