Unconfirmed all sites arrival times to be 1300 hrs

JillwithaJay replied on 23/03/2022 19:24

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

Fozzie replied on 24/03/2022 12:57

Posted on 24/03/2022 12:57

Don't forget members of the CCC have for the last two years had this 13.00hrs arrival time,and with the issues it brings.

The queue's at the reception,even Devizes site we were lining up into the small approach road well after 13.00hrs and Keswick with its long approach lane,we must of been 20th in the queue,and this was a Tuesday, goodness knows what a Friday must be like.

To me it creates this bottleneck now of arrivals rather than drip feeding from say from 12.00hrs. I find myself looking at the sat nav to see arrival times when touring,also I find myself hanging around the storage site before setting off.Going away now just for a weekends, especially low season are hardly worth it.And the people it is probably bought in to help ie site staff get all this flack.

Yes you will always get early arrivals,someone has to be first,and as SteveL says he pulls in to a shop for an hour in his motor home,but it is just not that easy with a van on the back.

As you can see it may only be 60 minutes ,but to me, I find it,it feels like 2 hours difference.

Dawn F replied on 24/03/2022 14:00

Posted on 24/03/2022 14:00

I can see the logic of 13.00 arrival at sites with restricted access, Chatsworth & Cheddar are two we have used

For the others if the arrival time is being pushed to 13.00 then surely the departure time can also be pushed to 13.00 

Or is this another way for the club to save 50p in electricity costs?

Do they employ someone to think up these annoying changes just to wind everyone up?

DavidKlyne replied on 24/03/2022 15:45

Posted on 24/03/2022 15:45

Perhaps the reasoning is to give site staff a lunch/rest break? Has there been some rationalisation of site staff to save money? As always with our wonderful Club they seem very much behind the curve when it comes to keeping us informed and giving us an explanation for the reason why they do things. As Dawn suggests we can all understand why some sites with difficult access need to do things slightly differently  but it is much less clear where access is not the issue. It is my view that if you keep people informed they are more willing to accept things, even if they are to their disadvantage, but lack of information breeds discontent.

David

replied on 24/03/2022 16:04

Posted on 24/03/2022 16:04

Content has been removed.

Wherenext replied on 24/03/2022 16:20

Posted on 24/03/2022 06:50 by young thomas

In winter when sites aren't full, why can't arrivals come much earlier? No doubt there were loads of empty pitches that could have been used.

the club just cannot do flexible.

as mentioned in the leccy increase thread, the current staffing model prevents the way many commercial/continental sites work.

the bedrock of CAMC processes is the limiting of any fundamental change due to the fixed staffing routines.

while this is in place no other advances in customer service can be accommodated, we remain in the last century.

Posted on 24/03/2022 16:20

One of the main reasons why we use CLs, which 9 times out of ten will accommodate you if you happen to be a bit early. Some even don't mind you turning up mid morning, especially the well established ones. New ones tend to follow the club line.

Wherenext replied on 24/03/2022 16:24

Posted on 24/03/2022 10:23 by DavidKlyne

If I am travelling a fair distance to a site, say 100 miles plus the 1.00pm arrival does not particularly impact on me. Where it can be a pain is when you are going to a local site, say 50 miles away, which means to have to hang around before leaving home. Likewise its a issue when moving sites which can sometimes be less than 50 miles apart. We will just have to plan longer stops en route!

David

Posted on 24/03/2022 16:24

Less of a problem with a motorhome David than a caravan. Plenty of places you can park a motorhome for an hour or so en route. There should be more though, but that's for a different thread.

young thomas replied on 24/03/2022 17:10

Posted on 24/03/2022 08:54 by Cornersteady

Indeed they do but you didn't make that clear it was just referring to winter touring but now you have. And in Spain too.

Btw you often say that Concierge Camping is your gold standard site which the club should aspire to?

Well their checkout is 11am and earliest stated arrival is 2pm making the club hours look rather good and of course its lowest price is in the £30, so it's not just the club that very little daylight in...to explore.

Posted on 24/03/2022 17:10

The official arrival/departure time at Bonterra Park is 17:00.....however, no one takes the blindest bit of notice and arrivals start from 10:00 ish with departures anytime after 08:00.

seems odd that one of the fullest winter sites with a very high churn rate can accommodate incoming vans and departing campers (who need bills raising for pitching and electric) at all times of the day without batting an eyelid....

i wonder what the clubs reason for the change is, beyond standardisation of a time that's at least an hour too late for most.

PS if I was in the area (rather than driving the longish distance from home) and was visiting Concierge Camping I would call them and ask to arrive earlier. I'm fairly confident that, if there was a vacant pitch, I would be allowed on.

Cornersteady replied on 24/03/2022 17:43

Posted on 24/03/2022 17:43

Is Bontera Park in the UK BB? This is the UK touring section and discussing the club so I can't see what relevance it has and why you like bring in European sites to any discussion about over here. It's like asking why is coffee here so much expensive in a cafe here than in Italy (about 2 to 3 times the price). Who knows we have to deal with what we have.

You post of the change in times on club sites:

beyond standardisation of a time that's at least an hour too late for most.

Really? that is an amazing statement How do you know this statements, too late for most? For all club site users? You really can know that? What are you basing it on?

It's not even an hour too late for most people on this thread. All people are complaining about is that as always we're the last to know.

I'm sure if you rang a club site that might be allowed too btw - some have posted and done it I recall. Some of course just arrive early (a selfish practice I think you called it even with ringing ahead) and are let on anyway.

But really that's not the point, your gold standard Concierge camping has out by 11 and not on till 2pm and it's showing full at times which means it will be enforced so that must be by your own comments another hour too late for most?

I'll be in the lakes tomorrow and I've just looked a few nearby large sites and apart from being far more expensive than the club site both have arrival times of 2pm (another two hours too late) and off by 10 am. 

replied on 24/03/2022 18:20

Posted on 24/03/2022 18:20

Content has been removed.

Rufs replied on 24/03/2022 18:28

Posted on 24/03/2022 18:28

"seems odd that one of the fullest winter sites with a very high churn rate can accommodate incoming vans and departing campers (who need bills raising for pitching and electric) at all times of the day without batting an eyelid.."

Tut tut !! BB, you know full well the business model is very much different, Bonterra Park full time reception staff no cleaning  duties etc, much the same as many commercial sites in the UK. Never stayed on this particular site but did walk round to check it out onceundecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook