Unconfirmed all sites arrival times to be 1300 hrs

JillwithaJay replied on 23/03/2022 19:24

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

peedee replied on 24/03/2022 07:26

Posted on 23/03/2022 20:00 by vulcan558

Its not just you. Im def with you on that one .

Posted on 24/03/2022 07:26

TW, Me too but not because of arrival times.

peedee

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 24/03/2022 07:44

Posted on 23/03/2022 22:28 by ABM

Rocky, as WN says, it's been wokeified  !!  One cannot refer to anybody as that saying used to do !! There's nowt so q***r as folk could get one thrown out of Lancashire, never mind Yorkshire  !!

Posted on 24/03/2022 07:44

Ok thanks Muscles you’ve been around since the early 1900’s so I’ll bow to your superior ‘boots on the ground’ knowledge😂😂

young thomas replied on 24/03/2022 07:51

Posted on 24/03/2022 07:11 by Cornersteady

very little daylight in...

Really? Yes in the deep midwinter maybe but even now up here (just past the equinox) it's 'daylight' officially till 18.29 and of course this time next week it will be a hour later. As most sites (club or not) don't open till about now plenty of time?

Even with an awning I can get set fully up in less than a hour leaving quite a lot of daylight even now and in summer it will more than a quarter of a day? 

Posted on 24/03/2022 07:51

Folk tour all year round and use sites which are open all year. In winter time someone might get on a pitch by 1:30 and it's getting by 3:30, even someone as speedy as you won't see much daylight to explore.

we had a guy on the next pitch to us in Spain and he took a full day just to put up his enormous awning and fill it with all the kit they used.

when they left, it took a day and a half to empty it, load the car and then take down the awning and fit that into the caravan.

glad you've got it down to a fine art😉

replied on 24/03/2022 08:08

Posted on 24/03/2022 07:51 by young thomas

Folk tour all year round and use sites which are open all year. In winter time someone might get on a pitch by 1:30 and it's getting by 3:30, even someone as speedy as you won't see much daylight to explore.

we had a guy on the next pitch to us in Spain and he took a full day just to put up his enormous awning and fill it with all the kit they used.

when they left, it took a day and a half to empty it, load the car and then take down the awning and fit that into the caravan.

Posted on 24/03/2022 08:08

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Cornersteady replied on 24/03/2022 08:54

Posted on 24/03/2022 07:51 by young thomas

Posted on 24/03/2022 08:54

Indeed they do but you didn't make that clear it was just referring to winter touring but now you have. And in Spain too.

Btw you often say that Concierge Camping is your gold standard site which the club should aspire to?

Well their checkout is 11am and earliest stated arrival is 2pm making the club hours look rather good and of course its lowest price is in the £30, so it's not just the club that very little daylight in...to explore.

JVB66 replied on 24/03/2022 09:14

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24 by JillwithaJay

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

Posted on 24/03/2022 09:14

It matters not what time a sites arrival time is people will turn up earlier and the plead ignorance of what the arrival time is

Where we are the arrival time has been 1300 for two years and it is shown in several places but some still arrive at before. 1200 

And because of the layout of  the extra security barrier (to deter some )early arrivals if not allowed in block the lane outside the site,

The staff try to delay booking them in, but they have to open up about half an hour early as the the arrivals area gets full and those on site who have been out get tangled up in the queue

Meantime those waiting to book in have already been round the site and "chosen their pitch "

DavidKlyne replied on 24/03/2022 10:23

Posted on 24/03/2022 10:23

If I am travelling a fair distance to a site, say 100 miles plus the 1.00pm arrival does not particularly impact on me. Where it can be a pain is when you are going to a local site, say 50 miles away, which means to have to hang around before leaving home. Likewise its a issue when moving sites which can sometimes be less than 50 miles apart. We will just have to plan longer stops en route!

David

JillwithaJay replied on 24/03/2022 11:25

Posted on 24/03/2022 11:25

I don't mind a 1300 hrs arrival time across the network as it would probably work better than 1200 departures trying to get out when folks are arriving but I do think the club is out of order by not publishing this information. 

SteveL replied on 24/03/2022 12:18

Posted on 24/03/2022 12:18

We tend to nip into a supermarket on route to restock. If the sites are only 50 or so miles apart a 10:30 / 11 am departure usually works out OK for a 1 pm arrival.

SteveL replied on 24/03/2022 12:29

Posted on 24/03/2022 07:11 by Cornersteady

very little daylight in...

Really? Yes in the deep midwinter maybe but even now up here (just past the equinox) it's 'daylight' officially till 18.29 and of course this time next week it will be a hour later. As most sites (club or not) don't open till about now plenty of time?

Even with an awning I can get set fully up in less than a hour leaving quite a lot of daylight even now and in summer it will more than a quarter of a day? 

Posted on 24/03/2022 12:29

I certainly didn’t like the 1pm arrival time at Chatsworth back when we had a caravan. Most others were 12:00 in those days. As it was less than 40 miles from home, it was one we visited in the dark months when we didn’t want to tow far. By the time we had got stuck in the 1pm queue, it was often 2 pm before we got onto a pitch and starting to go dark by the time we had set up.☹️

Now from a personal standpoint I’m not bothered, we can be set up in a few minutes and as I put above, we often stop off on route to resupply if moving between sites. However, with the caravan I much preferred 12:00, whatever time of year.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook