New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

peedee replied on 18/01/2022 13:54

Posted on 18/01/2022 13:54

Exactly some members will never believe in preplanning their leisure time

Well I have made 7 campsite bookings,(not all Club sites) 2 ferry crossings and one hotel booking all in the past 2 weeks. Just about got my year mapped out for the longer away stints.

peedee

SteveL replied on 18/01/2022 14:07

Posted on 18/01/2022 13:13 by peedee

If members chose to bury their heads in the sand then they only have themselves to blame. Bleating at the 11th hour will be a complete waste of time, it is already a done deal and I cannot see the Club doing any back pedalling at this late stage.

peedee

Posted on 18/01/2022 14:07

Surely it’s a case of keeping members informed. They might be very happy with the changes but a heads up is never a bad idea. Not everyone has lots of time to spend searching out information.  Certainly when I was working I had no interest in anything but making bookings, so a banner on the booking site would have been the only way I would have found out before implementation.

replied on 18/01/2022 14:25

Posted on 18/01/2022 13:54 by peedee

Exactly some members will never believe in preplanning their leisure time

Well I have made 7 campsite bookings,(not all Club sites) 2 ferry crossings and one hotel booking all in the past 2 weeks. Just about got my year mapped out for the longer away stints.

peedee

Posted on 18/01/2022 14:25

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 18/01/2022 14:47

Posted on 18/01/2022 14:47

Surely it’s a case of keeping members informed.

But how hard do you try? What ever did we do before the internet? I may not have read the magazine from cover to cover but the very least I did was to seek out news items when I led a much more busy life than today. Sorry I have little sympathy for those who don't help themselves.

peedee

SteveL replied on 18/01/2022 15:33

Posted on 18/01/2022 14:47 by peedee

Surely it’s a case of keeping members informed.

But how hard do you try? What ever did we do before the internet? I may not have read the magazine from cover to cover but the very least I did was to seek out news items when I led a much more busy life than today. Sorry I have little sympathy for those who don't help themselves.

peedee

Posted on 18/01/2022 15:33

What ever did we do before the internet?

But we do have the internet PD. At one time written communication wouldn’t have been commonplace and folk had to rely on the spoken word. Times change and whilst I agree that some don’t help themselves, there is nothing wrong with the club making it a bit easier for members to get information.
There is a link in the newsletter to website information and one was given in a thread, but there is nothing obvious in the menus to click on to get that information. If I was looking for new stuff I would click on news and events, then latest news. The last topic on that was about Wifi improvements posted on 29/12 going right back to September, there is nothing about the new booking system.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/01/2022 15:50

Posted on 18/01/2022 15:50

If anyone is not receiving updates they need to go to their "My Profile" and then "Update communication preferences" follow the link and answer the security questions and then you can select the type of communications you want to receive. They seem to be set to automatically get them unless you opt out by ticking the boxes. Perhaps those not getting these communications should check out their profile?

David

Burgundy replied on 18/01/2022 16:09

Posted on 18/01/2022 16:09

Checked my profile as not receiving e-mails, and preferences are set to receive updates, and then I received e-mail thanking me for updating preferences, so e-mails not going to junk.

brue replied on 18/01/2022 16:39

Posted on 18/01/2022 12:13 by DavidKlyne

December Newsletter sent out by email 7th December 2021, first item link to new booking procedure?

These are only sent out to people who sign up to received Club notifications.

David

Posted on 18/01/2022 16:39

I opted out originally but since I opted back for newsletters etc (probably a year ago) I haven't received any communications at all. Some of my preferences vary and I've just checked the list again and it's all still there but doesn't appear to work for me.

AWNINGHANDYMAN replied on 18/01/2022 16:46

Posted on 18/01/2022 16:46

Agree JVB66, what news letter. Are we members of this club or not or is it just individuals who receive news letters.

I only found out about the changes when reading the January magazine and even that was on page 25.

For future reference, where would we get to see these news letters as it is not even highlighted under ‘NEWS’ or any other index in the magazine?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook