New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 09/01/2023 07:28

Posted on 09/01/2023 00:28 by Fozzie

I have already made a couple of bookings on the new web site,but tonight I looked at Black Knowl for the period 13th to 17th April.

The price bands for the pitches it came up with the following 

Hard standing with EHU £39.50

Non Electric economy pitch no Awning £40.70

Service Pitch with Awning £44.40

Grass with Awning with EHU £48.90

To me something just doesn't look right, why is a Grass pitch so much more,than a hard standing and why is a Non economy pitch more than a hardstanding pitch.

I did quickly look at Winchester Morn Hill site and the price structure of the pitches there, looks correct in relation to the increase in facilities.

Posted on 09/01/2023 07:28

The prices for the various pitches are the lowest they are at during April. As HS and service pitches are available all month, lower prices are shown than for grass, as these don’t become available until the 28th which is in a higher price band.

cyberyacht replied on 09/01/2023 07:32

Posted on 09/01/2023 07:32

Almost fifty quid and it's not even high season.surprised

Just for comparison purposes, I had a look at Crossways as that had, in the past, been a reasonably priced site although a bit in the middle of nowhere. That also seems to be afflicted by the topsy turvy pricing structure.

It seems that one cannot rely on the CAMC booking system to even give you the correct price for a pitch, quite apart from the exorbitant price they seem to require now.

SteveL replied on 09/01/2023 09:36

Posted on 09/01/2023 07:32 by cyberyacht

Almost fifty quid and it's not even high season.surprised

Just for comparison purposes, I had a look at Crossways as that had, in the past, been a reasonably priced site although a bit in the middle of nowhere. That also seems to be afflicted by the topsy turvy pricing structure.

It seems that one cannot rely on the CAMC booking system to even give you the correct price for a pitch, quite apart from the exorbitant price they seem to require now.

Posted on 09/01/2023 09:36

However, it does show you the correct price on the calendar. The prices on the pitch types are the from prices for the month in view and grass pitches are not available for the cheaper part of the month, probably because they could be a bit wet. Oh you forgot to add in your opinion after exorbitant price. Clearly a lot of folk don’t agree judging by the non available dates and number of lows for the  HS pitches. The same is true for the dearer serviced pitches.

replied on 09/01/2023 09:58

Posted on 09/01/2023 09:36 by SteveL

However, it does show you the correct price on the calendar. The prices on the pitch types are the from prices for the month in view and grass pitches are not available for the cheaper part of the month, probably because they could be a bit wet. Oh you forgot to add in your opinion after exorbitant price. Clearly a lot of folk don’t agree judging by the non available dates and number of lows for the  HS pitches. The same is true for the dearer serviced pitches.

Posted on 09/01/2023 09:58

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 09/01/2023 10:16

Posted on 09/01/2023 09:58 by

Steve its my opinion too. I have a booking for Chapel Lane in April in the unlikely event I took it up would at £34 be the most I have paid in my  life. If customers feel the club offers value for £50 they have had a different caravanning experience to me.

Posted on 09/01/2023 10:16

Clearly we and they do. Although in France where we are free to reject a site / Aire and move on, as there is so much availability, we holiday differently. Here that isn’t so easy and bookings are desirable. We like CAMC sites and will use them in preference to others, many of which are just as expensive and have much worse terms and conditions. The one difference the CAMC’s introduction of deposits has made is we are now booking more C&CC sites due to their age related discount. Where as previously we would have gone for the more expensive option because of the flexibility. In all cases of course the sites need to be in the right place, but now when looking at a location our preference is C&CC, CAMC then another.

brue replied on 09/01/2023 10:18

Posted on 09/01/2023 09:36 by SteveL

Posted on 09/01/2023 10:18

As it's Easter holiday time prices will be higher and sites will be busy, especially Black Knowl which is in a central spot for South Coast Holidays. 

replied on 09/01/2023 10:23

Posted on 09/01/2023 10:23

Content has been removed.

brue replied on 09/01/2023 10:24

Posted on 09/01/2023 10:16 by SteveL

Clearly we and they do. Although in France where we are free to reject a site / Aire and move on, as there is so much availability, we holiday differently. Here that isn’t so easy and bookings are desirable. We like CAMC sites and will use them in preference to others, many of which are just as expensive and have much worse terms and conditions. The one difference the CAMC’s introduction of deposits has made is we are now booking more C&CC sites due to their age related discount. Where as previously we would have gone for the more expensive option because of the flexibility. In all cases of course the sites need to be in the right place, but now when looking at a location our preference is C&CC, CAMC then another.

Posted on 09/01/2023 10:24

The only pre booked break we have this year is with C&Cc in Cumbria,  this is so we can get the minimum break available, 5 days. It's now swings and roundabouts with both clubs on main sites. Our other breaks will be CLs, THS etc CAMC visits will be " fill ins."

Cornersteady replied on 09/01/2023 10:36

Posted on 09/01/2023 09:58 by

Steve its my opinion too. I have a booking for Chapel Lane in April in the unlikely event I took it up would at £34 be the most I have paid in my  life. If customers feel the club offers value for £50 they have had a different caravanning experience to me.

Posted on 09/01/2023 10:36

they have had a different caravanning experience to me.

Of course they have, no one will have the same as you.

Clearly thousand with their own caravanning experience do think it's value for money.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook