New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

Tinwheeler replied on 08/01/2023 14:06

Posted on 08/01/2023 13:56 by eurortraveller

The Club’s booking system for overseas sites, is exactly the same as the booking system for UK sites - but is attracting no comments and no complaints in the Overseas Touring section on here. It is never mentioned there.

It seems that those who go overseas are using the site booking system without any fuss, but those who book in the UK have been complaining endlessly - as they regularly do about any change.

Different people, different attitudes?

Posted on 08/01/2023 14:06

No, totally different circumstances and very much less activity as I understood no one needed to book sites for overseas🤷🏻‍♂️

SteveL replied on 08/01/2023 14:11

Posted on 08/01/2023 12:12 by Casandra

Has anyone noticed or is it that I am not looking at the booking system in the correct way. Or is it just another failure of our new fantastic high cost on line booking system?

Why can I not see the cost per night of a club site booking listed as:  

PITCH FEE + PRICE PER PERSON = TOTAL COST  - All I seem to see is TOTAL cost. The individual prices are hidden. In nearly 50 years of membership this has never been the case the prices have ALWAYS been transparent?

Can anyone help?

Posted on 08/01/2023 14:11

Personally I prefer how the system shows it now. Select pitch type, number of adults / children and you get a price per night on the calendar. Previously you had to add together the various elements, also of course allowing for seasonal price changes during your stay. Nothing is hidden, it is easy enough to work out the cost of an adult or a child. As far as pitch price is concerned, you can’t have one without an adult and that default price is shown. Once you have a booking, if it’s of interest, the break down of pitch cost and adults / children is shown in my bookings. Together with deposit paid and balance remaining.

ScreenNameAFDA32ED61 replied on 08/01/2023 14:43

Posted on 08/01/2023 14:43

I personally find the new booking site useless how do you scroll up and down when you search for availability at a site unless i am doing something wrong it is not fir for purpose !

Cornersteady replied on 08/01/2023 15:02

Posted on 08/01/2023 15:02

I did post a few months ago about how I thought the new system was cumbersome to use over the last one (and certainly the way it was introduced was and still is awful) but I 'like' it and it now appears for me easy to use, perhaps just practice was needed. I can do a booking fairly quickly, I like how you can select the options you like and see the prices build up. Searches and filters work well once you use the a few times.

Likewise as Steve, when it's booked you can have all the breakdown you want.

huskydog replied on 08/01/2023 15:15

Posted on 08/01/2023 15:15

This morning I have done a multiple site booking and a single site booking with no problems at all , the only thing was that I found the page to page progression was a bit slow , but didn’t affect the overall process 

brue replied on 08/01/2023 15:21

Posted on 08/01/2023 15:21

CAMC say they are going to re-introduce the late availability list which I think will please most people, the CL search list has already been re-introduced which has also helped many. I can't remember the time scale for other improvements but the old booking system was very simple to use and I think simplicity is the key to improvements. Looking at TP concerns it could be that some of the problems encountered are still device specific eg not being able to enter birth dates (which the club are now saying they are re-thinking.) 

SteveL replied on 08/01/2023 16:06

Posted on 08/01/2023 14:43 by ScreenNameAFDA32ED61

I personally find the new booking site useless how do you scroll up and down when you search for availability at a site unless i am doing something wrong it is not fir for purpose !

Posted on 08/01/2023 16:06

Might depend on device, but on my iPad and iphone, you don’t scroll up / down. I  touch on the left and right arrows on the top of the calendar to move through availability.

wedgy replied on 08/01/2023 23:50

Posted on 08/01/2023 13:56 by eurortraveller

The Club’s booking system for overseas sites, is exactly the same as the booking system for UK sites - but is attracting no comments and no complaints in the Overseas Touring section on here. It is never mentioned there.

It seems that those who go overseas are using the site booking system without any fuss, but those who book in the UK have been complaining endlessly - as they regularly do about any change.

Different people, different attitudes?

Posted on 08/01/2023 23:50

You obviously think that the people booking overseas sites are intellectually superior to those minions booking UK sites or could it be that the system was designed for overseas bookings and the new system was bolted onto it. You know that is correct and that the vast majority of members who encounter the new system find it a poor replacement for its predecessor. 

Fozzie replied on 09/01/2023 00:28

Posted on 09/01/2023 00:28

I have already made a couple of bookings on the new web site,but tonight I looked at Black Knowl for the period 13th to 17th April.

The price bands for the pitches it came up with the following 

Hard standing with EHU £39.50

Non Electric economy pitch no Awning £40.70

Service Pitch with Awning £44.40

Grass with Awning with EHU £48.90

To me something just doesn't look right, why is a Grass pitch so much more,than a hard standing and why is a Non economy pitch more than a hardstanding pitch.

I did quickly look at Winchester Morn Hill site and the price structure of the pitches there, looks correct in relation to the increase in facilities.

peedee replied on 09/01/2023 06:39

Posted on 09/01/2023 06:39

Computer says, the grass pitches are not open for the period you refer to but at the end of April, mid week, a hard standing pitch with EHU is £45.20, week end £49.90 for 2 adults.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook