New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 07/01/2023 11:18

Posted on 07/01/2023 10:41 by peedee

Is the Club having a rethink? Nothing much seems to be happening to improve the new system! Even "The booking experience" is not being updated. The App remains a mess, even the default, scheduled to be changed, hasn't happened and there are still no site directions once you find a site on the new system.

peedee

Posted on 07/01/2023 11:18

Could just be Christmas and the new year got in the way. Also if there is to be a new release later in the year, perhaps they will wait till then, rather than try and keep patching this one. Be nice if they would tell us though.😡

SteveL replied on 07/01/2023 12:36

Posted on 07/01/2023 12:36

I have just received an email re sites open all year. Unfortunately our local site Clumber Park is not on the included map, despite being open. Who checks these things, or not, as mistakes of this sort are all to common.

thenorthwalesmoth9 replied on 07/01/2023 18:04

Posted on 07/01/2023 18:04

Hi who is the person responsible for changing the booking system ?, him, her or them should be sacked, I have never seen anything so pathetic, confusing, & ridiculous, I have spoke to around 40+ members & they have all agreed there was nothing wrong whatsoever with the old system it was ever so simple. Who up at the top is responsible? they should speak up & tell the members, it took me nearly 30 minutes to book one site whereas 5 minutes tops, I,m afraid members  are up in arms over this .i would like to hear members views on this.

huskydog replied on 07/01/2023 18:11

Posted on 07/01/2023 18:04 by thenorthwalesmoth9

Hi who is the person responsible for changing the booking system ?, him, her or them should be sacked, I have never seen anything so pathetic, confusing, & ridiculous, I have spoke to around 40+ members & they have all agreed there was nothing wrong whatsoever with the old system it was ever so simple. Who up at the top is responsible? they should speak up & tell the members, it took me nearly 30 minutes to book one site whereas 5 minutes tops, I,m afraid members  are up in arms over this .i would like to hear members views on this.

Posted on 07/01/2023 18:11

I have booked about 6 sites with no problems at all , so this is one member not up in arms cool

Cornersteady replied on 07/01/2023 18:14

Posted on 07/01/2023 12:36 by SteveL

I have just received an email re sites open all year. Unfortunately our local site Clumber Park is not on the included map, despite being open. Who checks these things, or not, as mistakes of this sort are all to common.

Posted on 07/01/2023 18:14

Sadly you're right. One part of the club doesn't talk to another? 

Takethedogalong replied on 07/01/2023 18:16

Posted on 07/01/2023 18:16

Well, you have some 282 pages of comments to help you get the drift of Members thoughts, and then for more insight, you could look at the Club’s Trustpilot reviews. As for whose responsible, I would go with the Head honcho’s Director General, and Chairman. They will have corporate responsibility……..  😁

Tammygirl replied on 07/01/2023 18:20

Posted on 07/01/2023 12:36 by SteveL

Posted on 07/01/2023 18:20

Interesting I've not received an email, still not getting stuff from the club despite checking and changing all in my profile. 

Think I'll give the club a ring. 

Is Clumber open again after the refurb, I seem to remember something about work getting done. 

Takethedogalong replied on 07/01/2023 18:23

Posted on 07/01/2023 18:23

Clumber re opened last August TG. We had a few nights just after re opening. 👍

DavidKlyne replied on 07/01/2023 20:19

Posted on 07/01/2023 20:19

Of course no one likes such a major change in the system but if you don't know the reasons why, might I suggest you are a little out of touch with what has been discussed in the Club (magazine, online)  over the past four years? Unfortunately the old system suffered from a lot of late cancellations so that is the reason deposits were introduced. OK the Club have not covered themselves in glory with the introduction of the new system. It seems the old system is no longer supported which meant new software being introduced in order to facilitate the acceptance of deposits which has not gone entirely smoothly! Obviously having to pay a deposit does extend the booking time as there is a financial transaction involved which needs authorisation. I am sure as people get used to using the system it will become easier, so don't give up hope yet.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook