New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

replied on 05/01/2023 16:32

Posted on 05/01/2023 16:32

Content has been removed.

replied on 05/01/2023 17:32

Posted on 05/01/2023 17:32

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Tammygirl replied on 05/01/2023 17:36

Posted on 05/01/2023 17:36

PD, we haven't even book a ferry yet laughing most unlike us. 

We have toured both ways, sat and planned our route before hand. Looked at what to do once there etc. We've also done the get off the ferry and then decide where to. 

Nowadays we tend to do something somewhere in the middle, have a fairly loose plan on where we would like to go but have the ability to change it if we decide to do something different.

When away last Sept/Oct/Nov we had decided we would finally venture down to the the south of Spain and visit Granada, Cordoba and Seville. We have talked about doing it for as long as I remember.

However we ended up not doing any of it, as we were enjoying doing something else. These places will still be there for another occasion so nothing lost.

For us that was one of the reasons we first got into this hobby 45+ years ago, the ability to go where you want, when you want and stay as long as you want.

We have found that when we planned our trips we felt it put to much pressure on us to be at xyz on a given day.

I'm not sure how we will tour in the UK now that we can't just amend our bookings with the club as easily as we used to. It was one of the reasons we stayed as members, now that has changed I'm not sure if we need to be members anymore.

popeye2 replied on 06/01/2023 16:36

Posted on 06/01/2023 16:36

The old adage comes to mind. If it aint broke, then don't fix it. Been a member for 20 years + Between increasing of prices and this new booking system I'll be voting with my feet and booking through independent sites from now on. There is no longer any benefit to being a member anymore and it's clear that the club has lost its way. 

Tinwheeler replied on 06/01/2023 16:43

Posted on 06/01/2023 16:43

Seems it did need fixing, Popeye. We’re told the old software was in need of replacing and couldn’t cope with deposits either. As for the implementation, that’s another story.🤨

eurortraveller replied on 06/01/2023 16:52

Posted on 06/01/2023 16:52

Popeye,  My mother used to tell me not to cut my nose off to spite my face.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 06/01/2023 17:14

Posted on 06/01/2023 16:52 by eurortraveller

Popeye,  My mother used to tell me not to cut my nose off to spite my face.

Posted on 06/01/2023 17:14

Did you heed her-honestly🤷🏻‍♂️

peedee replied on 07/01/2023 10:41

Posted on 07/01/2023 10:41

Is the Club having a rethink? Nothing much seems to be happening to improve the new system! Even "The booking experience" is not being updated. The App remains a mess, even the default, scheduled to be changed, hasn't happened and there are still no site directions once you find a site on the new system.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook