New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

SteveL replied on 14/10/2022 13:36

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:36

especially having a basket (what's that about!) as though we are now buying a product!

Well you are buying a product, you are buying a holiday on a CAMC site. However, if you just buy the one holiday the basket doesn’t come into it, just opt for quick checkout. You only need to put your holiday in the basket, if you want to make another booking at the same time. Just how it works on Amazon, Tesco.com and many others others.

brue replied on 14/10/2022 13:42

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:22 by Hja

Yes, and also use the response facility in the Your New  Booking Experience part of the web site. Also submit a question to the AGM. Doesn’t matter if you are there or not.

Also on the CL booking thread on this forum, the CLs have been pretty much told by the Club that they will not publish CL prices because too many are out of date and they seem to also be afraid of unfair comparisons with club site prices ( if I have read it correctly).

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:42

Not so much that CL prices are out of date but more likely they compare unfavourably with CAMC pricing, yes it is beginning to look that way. frown However it might be  better for CLs if the search engine was actually functioning, which it isn't and the new system was launched with an incomplete set up for CLs.

SteveL replied on 14/10/2022 13:46

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:35 by Rufs

so what are you suggesting...that we all go out and buy an iphone ????

"That’s just being childish"

i find that offensive, lets settle for "flippant"undecided

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:46

If you had used a 😉emoji I wouldn’t have replied so.

I’ll agree on flippant, which also applies to your comment about buying an iphone. After all I did say “I agree it’s not good enough” clearly it needs sorting, so those with Android phones  can have the same experience as those with iPhones.

Rufs replied on 14/10/2022 13:51

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:00 by Takethedogalong

Burnett family….. (and others) whilst it’s good to see lots of Members responding on CT, most of the regulars on here know that what is said doesn’t get that much of a response. I would suggest putting a review on Trustpilot (scroll to bottom of page) because this is the Club’s shop window to the World, and it getting far more attention. And it’s tumbling each week. It virtually the only place that Members can really influence, the Club responds daily, and out there in the big wide World, folks can see and read what has been going on. 

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:51

But who are the people who are responding to the posts from people whom i assume are members, looks to me like a random bunch of people possibly assigned to Trust Pilot and others to respond to posts. to make it look like something is happening.

Do you think the club is particularly bothered re their rating for their booking software, when interlaced with this are glowing reviews re their sites, and as they have stated in a response on CT bookings are pouring in.

Not followed this post much over the last few weeks but reading some of the more recent it would appear that not a lot has been achieved by way of rectifiying many of the faults/bugs that are present on the new booking system.

paulmold replied on 14/10/2022 13:56

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:56

Make your feelings known at the CAMC desk at the NEC show next week,  presuming the club dare to show its face there.

Rufs replied on 14/10/2022 14:09

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:56 by paulmold

Make your feelings known at the CAMC desk at the NEC show next week,  presuming the club dare to show its face there.

Posted on 14/10/2022 14:09

Oh!!! it will be there, this is a quote from Trust Pilot dated Sept 16 2016

"The "new" version is really very poor - the sites are still the same - but booking them is murderous. Over the last 2 years I've tried to book multiple sites on the web and been frustrated by recursive web pages (those that take you back to the start after filling in the same forms endless times"

"the more something changes the more it remains the same" Oscar Wilde

Navigateur replied on 14/10/2022 14:40

Posted on 14/10/2022 14:40

If I was to construct a web site today (I have done so in the past) I would not try to write seperate versions for mobile devices. They are just so many of them and with continually changing variations. I would instead use commercial software to produce a slimed down version for the mobiles.

In fact, the way it is done now is that a "front end" determines what device it is dealing with and then in real time applies the necessary changes to make it all work on whatever device the user has chosen. This costs money - and no doubt there are web site authors that think they can save money on this and still write their own multiple variations.

Of course, no matter how high quality a front end is applied, if the underlying code for the website is not written to industry standard then weird things will happen.  Has anyone seen examples of this here lately?   

Welshvip replied on 14/10/2022 15:03

Posted on 14/10/2022 15:03

I think I will still use the old method using Wales Scotland, England & Ireland, then the counties. which appears to be quicker , unless the Club removes this method and still have some idea of price structure, and then comfirming when a final booking is made.

I too will try to have a conversation at the club desk at Nec or at a forum

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook