New Booking System

Rowena replied on 14/09/2022 09:31

Posted on 14/09/2022 09:31

Good morning. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience being caused with the implementation of our new booking system. Members and guests are able to make bookings through the new system however this is not the complete experience we have designed. 

Please be assured our IT and Technical Teams are working extremely hard to resolve all of the issues as soon as possible.

brue replied on 14/10/2022 09:59

Posted on 14/10/2022 09:59

The CL search area is very poor, I think Welshvip was referring to this ongoing  problem.

SteveL replied on 14/10/2022 10:42

Posted on 14/10/2022 09:59 by brue

The CL search area is very poor, I think Welshvip was referring to this ongoing  problem.

Posted on 14/10/2022 10:42

I think even the CL search is very device specific. On iOS devices it doesn’t seem to have the issues experienced on Android. Although having said that, it has clearly been designed for a minimum of a pad, as trying to use it on a small phone screen is difficult. However, the same could be said of other similar web sites / Apps. I don’t find the ACSI one very easy on the phone, but is fine on the pad.

brue replied on 14/10/2022 10:48

Posted on 14/10/2022 10:48

If you have a look in the CL section there are further comments on there about problems being encountered in general and reactions from the club.

Rufs replied on 14/10/2022 11:10

Posted on 14/10/2022 11:10

"Personally I’ve not found the act of searching and booking that onerous"

well i am sure for many users this is certainly not the case, many who are away in their rv's will only have a smart phone to use, in my case android, all we want is to be able to jump into the system, book a site/pitch and jump out, no more than a few minutes at most, possibly from a lay-by along our route,

Are we now to be expected to carry Android/iOS, Note book, Laptop, semaphore flags, morse key ??, ridiculous state of affairs.

"as I think this is not easy for the mature members"

p.s. didnt i read somewhere that many of the senior posts will be filled with those who have been present during this debacle ?

Rufs replied on 14/10/2022 11:32

Posted on 14/10/2022 11:32

""as I think this is not easy for the mature members"

some for sure, as an ex Telecoms/IT/Satellite professional, i think it is outrageous that a professional company can roll-out such a heap of junk and expect the members to do the de-bugging for them, and there will be many out there who stuggle to use a smartphone, so are going to find it very difficult to navigate their way around this software, and the lack of comprehensive instructions is going to make it a whole lot more difficult, but i am willing to bet my shirt that in 12 months time the club will still be performing badly in terms of customer service but still bringing in the revenue. .

burnec replied on 14/10/2022 12:01

Posted on 14/10/2022 12:01

As a family we have been members of the Club for more than 16 years and I've got to say that we don't like the new booking system at all. Horrible!! We got the shock of our life to see how over engineered the whole thing is and we don't like the look one bit! We thought that we had accidently clicked on the wrong web site at first and had to look twice to check that we hadn't clicked on some rogue poor-quality old-fashioned competitors site or some scam web site! Totally dismayed at the poor layout, extra unnecessary information required such as length of car, dates of birth etc. Simple is better!! Really disappointed to the point that it has completely put us off booking, especially having a basket (what's that about!) as though we are now buying a product! We'll have to leave planned bookings for now and perhaps even consider other alternatives, at least until we get over the shock of how bad this experience is now. What has happened to our straight forward, simple professional looking booking system with a pleasing professional layout? If this doesn't revert back to how it was, we may even have to consider cancelling the membership in the future. Who did the club consult with over these changes because we read all of the magazines from front to back and haven't seen the need or call from members for such a radical poor overhaul of the booking system? Caravan and Motorhome Club please seriously reconsider this move especially the over complex booking system and also charging of deposits and using baskets. If we can't get the usual level of trust and professionalism that we have come to expect as a service from the club then we might as well look at other options with other clubs or privately owned sites who operate how you have now changed this system to work like, with deposits and an unfriendly look and feel. Unfortunately, we feel that you have just lowered the standards significantly. Yours Faithfully, the Burnett Family.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/10/2022 13:00

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:00

Burnett family….. (and others) whilst it’s good to see lots of Members responding on CT, most of the regulars on here know that what is said doesn’t get that much of a response. I would suggest putting a review on Trustpilot (scroll to bottom of page) because this is the Club’s shop window to the World, and it getting far more attention. And it’s tumbling each week. It virtually the only place that Members can really influence, the Club responds daily, and out there in the big wide World, folks can see and read what has been going on. 

Hja replied on 14/10/2022 13:22

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:00 by Takethedogalong

Burnett family….. (and others) whilst it’s good to see lots of Members responding on CT, most of the regulars on here know that what is said doesn’t get that much of a response. I would suggest putting a review on Trustpilot (scroll to bottom of page) because this is the Club’s shop window to the World, and it getting far more attention. And it’s tumbling each week. It virtually the only place that Members can really influence, the Club responds daily, and out there in the big wide World, folks can see and read what has been going on. 

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:22

Yes, and also use the response facility in the Your New  Booking Experience part of the web site. Also submit a question to the AGM. Doesn’t matter if you are there or not.

Also on the CL booking thread on this forum, the CLs have been pretty much told by the Club that they will not publish CL prices because too many are out of date and they seem to also be afraid of unfair comparisons with club site prices ( if I have read it correctly).

SteveL replied on 14/10/2022 13:25

Posted on 14/10/2022 11:10 by Rufs

"Personally I’ve not found the act of searching and booking that onerous"

well i am sure for many users this is certainly not the case, many who are away in their rv's will only have a smart phone to use, in my case android, all we want is to be able to jump into the system, book a site/pitch and jump out, no more than a few minutes at most, possibly from a lay-by along our route,

Are we now to be expected to carry Android/iOS, Note book, Laptop, semaphore flags, morse key ??, ridiculous state of affairs.

"as I think this is not easy for the mature members"

p.s. didnt i read somewhere that many of the senior posts will be filled with those who have been present during this debacle ?

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:25

I agree it’s not good enough. It should work on all devices. However, that doesn’t negate the fact it works on iOS devices. Someone with an iphone should have no significant problems (apart from finger size) booking a site from a lay-bye on route. As long as they have 4G.

As to:-

That’s just being childish.

Rufs replied on 14/10/2022 13:35

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:25 by SteveL

I agree it’s not good enough. It should work on all devices. However, that doesn’t negate the fact it works on iOS devices. Someone with an iphone should have no significant problems (apart from finger size) booking a site from a lay-bye on route. As long as they have 4G.

As to:-

That’s just being childish.

Posted on 14/10/2022 13:35

so what are you suggesting...that we all go out and buy an iphone ????

"That’s just being childish"

i find that offensive, lets settle for "flippant"undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook