First use of new Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 24/05/2023 20:47

Posted on 24/05/2023 20:47

I appreciate that I am a bit of a Johnny come lately to the new booking system but in the last couple of days I have made a single booking and also a multiple booking. Both seem to have gone perfectly well. I appreciate the new system is not as intuitive as the old but as with many such things they more you do something the easier it gets. Didn't have to deal with dates of births as that has been removed. I think SteveL mentioned that some days ago after an upgrade? I am happy for the balance to be taken just before arrival although it didn't seem clear on the booking whether you had agreed to that or not but at least it was confirmed by the email. So an interesting experience which went pretty smoothly. No doubt get easier the more you do it. Even got the 20% discount on one site which made it more reasonable. So 5 sites booked, including one affiliated site, average price per night £31.82 for 16 nights. 

David

Cornersteady replied on 24/05/2023 21:30

Posted on 24/05/2023 21:30

It certainly has got easier and now I go through quickly, but the only very slight issue is that the website for one booking says pay on arrival but the email says pay the night before? I certainly made sure I unticked the pay before arrival. I wonder which is correct? I suppose there is only one sure way to find out - I'll have the answer in less than one week!

I have even amended bookings by adding one night and apart from the above it went smoothly 

wedgy replied on 25/05/2023 17:27

Posted on 25/05/2023 17:27

David just remembered if you cancell a booking on a multiple booking the deposit isn't automatically returned to you card account but is migrated to the deposit total - OK if that is what you want but not for me .

wedgy replied on 25/05/2023 17:36

Posted on 25/05/2023 17:36

David just remember if you cancell a booking on a multiple booking (before the 21 day cut off) your deposit will be migrated to the original booking deposit total and not returned to your card account- OK if that is what you want  but it's not for me. I can't see any benefits in a multiple booking and it doesn't make checking upcoming bookings particularly easy as you have to " view booking " to see what it consists of. 

wedgy replied on 25/05/2023 20:52

Posted on 25/05/2023 20:52

Apologies for the near duplicate messages- my first attempt disappeared then reappeared  later ??? 

Tony1949 replied on 25/05/2023 21:16

Posted on 25/05/2023 21:16

Hello, just looking at various sites to book and was wondering if directions to the site (particularly the final few miles) has been removed - or have I missed this

Thanks

DavidKlyne replied on 25/05/2023 21:43

Posted on 25/05/2023 17:36 by wedgy

David just remember if you cancell a booking on a multiple booking (before the 21 day cut off) your deposit will be migrated to the original booking deposit total and not returned to your card account- OK if that is what you want  but it's not for me. I can't see any benefits in a multiple booking and it doesn't make checking upcoming bookings particularly easy as you have to " view booking " to see what it consists of. 

Posted on 25/05/2023 21:43

Wedgy

I did take note of your comment in another thread. I booked  four CMC sites in total, plus an affiliated site which is a separate system. The first as a stand alone booking and the final three as a combined booking. I wanted to test the system for my own satisfaction. I should also note that all four sites are for the same trip and because I booked late I doubt I would be in time to get much of my deposit back anywayyell Unfortunately the deposit system, for either Club, does not guarantee success. At the same time I tried to book a C&CC site but all the days were not available. Likewise one CMC site I wanted did not have availability for the days I wanted so leaving it late, despite some saying sites are far from full, late booking does not always work.

David  

Cornersteady replied on 25/05/2023 21:45

Posted on 25/05/2023 21:16 by Tony1949

Hello, just looking at various sites to book and was wondering if directions to the site (particularly the final few miles) has been removed - or have I missed this

Thanks

Posted on 25/05/2023 21:45

Yes it's actually, and very surprisingly, difficult to find, but of course it shouldn't be! 

The way I do it is search for the site via google then click on the website link then when the site webpage comes up, click on view map. There must be a better way but either I've forgotten or there isn't?

When you have booked you'll received an email with a link to the website of the site.

DavidKlyne replied on 25/05/2023 21:47

Posted on 25/05/2023 21:16 by Tony1949

Thanks

Posted on 25/05/2023 21:47

Tony

They don't seem to be part of the new booking system yet! However they are still available on the old website. Use the search function at the top of the webpage and put in the site name you are interested in. This should bring up the original site webpage. Scroll down and click on map and you will find what you are looking for. Don't forget these details are also in the site directory.

David

mbee1 replied on 26/05/2023 08:22

Posted on 26/05/2023 08:22

I needed to cancel the last night of a stay earlier this week but just couldn't work out how to do it. I found that bit less than intuitive.  Ended up doing it on live chat which was much easier thanks to Nicky who was a great help.

brue replied on 26/05/2023 08:48

Posted on 25/05/2023 21:47 by DavidKlyne

Tony

They don't seem to be part of the new booking system yet! However they are still available on the old website. Use the search function at the top of the webpage and put in the site name you are interested in. This should bring up the original site webpage. Scroll down and click on map and you will find what you are looking for. Don't forget these details are also in the site directory.

David

Posted on 26/05/2023 08:48

If you were a new member would you find a way round quite as easily? It used to be either the directory or a glance at the full on line individual site details. At present it all seems disconnected with no easy back references, personally I don't think the new system is friendly for all users.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook