Brittany Ferries 2024 Booking

replied on 17/07/2023 07:42

Posted on 17/07/2023 07:42

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 19/07/2023 16:48

Posted on 19/07/2023 16:34 by Pliers

Glad you’re sorted, David.
As you know, it’s the accessible, dog friendly and nice cabins that are in demand and always get booked up very early.

🙂

Posted on 19/07/2023 16:48

Tammygirl replied on 19/07/2023 16:53

Posted on 19/07/2023 16:53

Last year we did the maths when it looked like we were going to get caught up in the French fuel problems. 

We had a tunnel booked but knew we could change that. So priced the Spanish ferry £830 one way. Looked at St Malo and Caen they turned out to be very good VFM Caen was a few pence cheaper than what we had paid for the tunnel and St Malo was only £30 more. We did factor in the extra fuel and night stops.

Living where we do anywhere on the south coast comes out around the same price in fuel and time so don't factor that in. 

Tunnel we like for the ease of using it, if you're early you get put on an earlier train.

In the good weather the drive is fine and it gives us time to get into holiday mood. In the winter time not as pleasant but we've done it a couple of times now coming up from Spain.

This year though we are looking at going out Tunnel but coming back St Malo overnight crossing. Benefits are only 1 or 2  night halts will be required in France and it gets us into Portsmouth early morning, which gives us a good run up the road with just 1 night halt needed near the border.

Its not always about cost, though that is taken into consideration. Timings are the thing with us, and convenience. 

Peedee, the saving of £25 is OK unless you have to change your booking. With the club you would then have to pay £20 - £25 to amend it I believe. 

replied on 20/07/2023 07:09

Posted on 19/07/2023 16:16 by

Got through now, I Commodore Suite and I Club Cabin. Car+ caravan

£1603 minus CV discount . I am happy with it .

Posted on 20/07/2023 07:09

replied on 20/07/2023 12:29

Posted on 20/07/2023 12:29

Pliers replied on 21/07/2023 22:11

Posted on 20/07/2023 12:29 by

Rather  late BF emailed me today to say 2024 bookings are now available. Apologies for the delay and blamed on  yesterday's demand that  effectively crashed the website . 

Posted on 21/07/2023 22:11

Same here, David. 😱

It was rumoured on BF enthusiasts website (or whatever it’s called now) that the bookings for 2024 would be available for the Spanish crossings from 8am on 19th July, and the French crossings a week later. 
For once, the rumours were right. 🙂. 

allanandjean replied on 22/07/2023 08:47

Posted on 20/07/2023 12:29 by

Rather  late BF emailed me today to say 2024 bookings are now available. Apologies for the delay and blamed on  yesterday's demand that  effectively crashed the website . 

Posted on 22/07/2023 08:47

Well, having signed up for BF emails re 2024 sailings I am still waiting!

I only knew sailings had gone on sale as a friend made a comment in his blog about some people having issues booking pet friendly cabins.

For those that have sailed on the Galicia, what do you get in the C-Lounge?

I ask as I have seen comments that are at odds with what BF list as the benefits.

VFM is a very personal thing, but at £150 extra for a premium cabin, not a Commodore, which includes the lounge access, thats a lot of snacks that I will be having to eat to get my moneys worth!

replied on 22/07/2023 09:05

Posted on 22/07/2023 09:05

Pliers replied on 22/07/2023 10:38

Posted on 22/07/2023 10:38

”For those that have sailed on the Galicia, what do you get in the C-Lounge?”

We returned from Bilbao on the Galicia ferry last weekend. We had a Club Plus 2 berth cabin which included access to the C Lounge. 
The ferry left Bilbao at 1pm, so we went into the lounge for lunch. 
There was a buffet of hot and cold food, red and white wine, very nice desserts, cheese etc.

Hot drinks, snacks etc were available all day.

Our evening meal was included in our ferry ticket, 3 courses, waiter service, in the lovely main restaurant. So I don’t know what was on offer in the C Lounge.

Breakfast the next morning in the lounge was a typical hotel style buffet, English style hot food and Continental pastries. Fruit, juices, yogurt etc.

Lunch was pretty similar to the previous day.

The C Lounge is very nice, lovely views and comfortable seating. It’s very, very quiet. We escaped and watched the tennis in the main bar, with a very lively Spanish crowd enjoying every minute.

The Club Plus cabins are nothing special. They were originally classed as Commodore cabins, but now only 3 cabins on the Galicia ferry are classed as such. I’m pretty sure David has been in one of those, and will be able to give more info.

We enjoyed the crossing. We live in East Lancashire, and after driving to Portsmouth towing our caravan, it’s nice to have a relaxing break before taking to the road again.

Hope you get sorted with whatever you decide to book, and unless you want a dog friendly, accessible or nicer cabin, there’s no need to book early.

🙂

Rufs replied on 22/07/2023 11:25

Posted on 22/07/2023 08:47 by allanandjean

Well, having signed up for BF emails re 2024 sailings I am still waiting!

I only knew sailings had gone on sale as a friend made a comment in his blog about some people having issues booking pet friendly cabins.

For those that have sailed on the Galicia, what do you get in the C-Lounge?

I ask as I have seen comments that are at odds with what BF list as the benefits.

VFM is a very personal thing, but at £150 extra for a premium cabin, not a Commodore, which includes the lounge access, thats a lot of snacks that I will be having to eat to get my moneys worth!

Posted on 22/07/2023 11:25

Had my email early this week laughing

sailed home on the Galicia 9th Jan this year, had a dog friendly cabin, 4 berth cabin with a TV, quite spacious for me and pooch, with nice bathroom, no window, but who cares.

Not sure how it works but every time i went to the bar the guy asked for my ticket and said i was still in credit so never paid anything for drinks from the bar.

Ate in main dining area only approx 10 people eating, full waitress service 3 courses choice of menu with a full bottle of wine included, had full english breakfast which i paid some money towards but i still had credit on my ticket, or so they said, still not sure how that worked out, but the crossing was very rough at the start and did not calm down for approx 10 hours out of Santander so lots of people not feeling very well and i guess staying in their cabins, so perhaps the staff were being overly generous to those that were still standing.

not checked 2024 sailings but BF now seem to have scheduled some sailings Portsmouth Santander as 48 hrs, we sailed out October 2023, 48hrs, boring, returned Jan 23 only 24 hrs, think i would rather do Portsmouth - Caen (much much cheaper by 1 third) and drive down than spend 48 hrs wallowing around at approx 10 knots.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook