Poor weather

ggregu replied on 29/03/2018 18:44

Posted on 29/03/2018 18:44

Im currently staying on a great little CL, Mouse Cottage in Nottington, Dorset. It's a smashing little site with great facilities. When I arrived on Monday, I was sited on one of the two hardstandings the other one being occupied also. 

I feel so sorry for Emma and Craig, the owners as they have had to cancel all their bookings over Easter. Despite having plastic mesh under the grass and land drains, there has been so much snow and rain that the land is waterlogged.

Lets hope that the weather picks up soon and all our CL owners are able to continue with their bookings. 

EmilysDad replied on 29/03/2018 19:25

Posted on 29/03/2018 19:25

Our CL in Anglesey the other week was fairly well drained just bl@@dy freezing due to the Siberian gale force winds. Even the taps on each pitch froze one night/morning.

Agreed ..... let's hope the weather generally improves.

harryb replied on 30/03/2018 11:47

Posted on 29/03/2018 19:25 by EmilysDad

Our CL in Anglesey the other week was fairly well drained just bl@@dy freezing due to the Siberian gale force winds. Even the taps on each pitch froze one night/morning.

Agreed ..... let's hope the weather generally improves.

Posted on 30/03/2018 11:47

"Taps on every pitch"

Which site please.

young thomas replied on 30/03/2018 13:39

Posted on 30/03/2018 13:39

isn't this 'weather' issue down to fact that we have no fixed date for the Easter Hols?....mid March for a week's vanning.....in the UK?undecided

by all means retain the religious significance of Easter, wherever it falls, but why have an arbitrary weeks holiday to tie in....

yes, have the Bank Holidays and celebrations but how about a fixed (later) five day break detached from this, meaning that folk get away in better weather and we don't have the 'compulsory' holiday in hail, snow, freezing weather and the associated cancellations and impact on suppliers....

just seems bonkers to me to have the working families, some of whom can't change this break, being 'committed' to a weeks touring and the associated weather interruptions......

just a thought and NOT a 'religious' posting...

as it happens, when I was working (pre vanning) I used the two bank holidays to get a 16 day break (with only 8 days holiday allowance used) to go somewhere warm, which seems to cope pretty well with early season 'weather'....smile

Kennine replied on 30/03/2018 14:10

Posted on 30/03/2018 14:10

There's no such thing as bad weather- Just not wearing the right clothes. 

There is "weather", which in the UK is variable, due to us being an Island .

Vanning in the UK at this time is unpredictable, but great times can be had and scenic locations can be visited even in the foulest of weather. It's all down to having a positive attitude. 

If wall to wall sunshine is required at this time of the year, head down to southern Europe or the Canaries.  

smile

brue replied on 30/03/2018 14:17

Posted on 30/03/2018 14:17

You should try our local SW rain just now, even the right clothes are saturated! The ground is waterlogged, the rivers are full, mud is the order of the day. yell

replied on 30/03/2018 14:48

Posted on 30/03/2018 14:17 by brue

You should try our local SW rain just now, even the right clothes are saturated! The ground is waterlogged, the rivers are full, mud is the order of the day. yell

Posted on 30/03/2018 14:48

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Bakers2 replied on 30/03/2018 15:03

Posted on 30/03/2018 15:03

Likewise on generally dry Essex. Our stepping stones in the grass are ponds 😲. No weather warning for us- as yet 😉

ggregu replied on 30/03/2018 15:23

Posted on 30/03/2018 15:23

I was supposed to be stopping in Somerset on the way back home. I've decided to go straight back ☚ī¸

Having the right clothes is ok but having wet dogs in a new van is not fun. The rain is hammering down as I write.

Takethedogalong replied on 30/03/2018 15:43

Posted on 30/03/2018 15:43

Some supreme being is currently smiling on our bit of Yorkshire, it's been a rather nice few days here. We had some rain overnight, and expect some later, but nothing much to get worried about at moment. Famous last words of course, I will post photos of snow on Monday!laughing

Tinwheeler replied on 30/03/2018 15:47

Posted on 30/03/2018 15:47

Yet further west in sunny Cornwall it’s just that - sunny. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook