Name change

Roy Edwards replied on 01/04/2017 22:04

Posted on 01/04/2017 22:04

Very surprised about the club name change as the first I became aware of it was when I received my renewal notice which I almost binned without reading as I thought it was junk mail. The renewal notice made no reference to the name change and seemed to assume I knew all about it

If a notification of this event was sent out then I didn't receive it and any media notification (if there was one) obviously completely passed me by.

I definitely think there was a bit of lack of communication by the committee in this respect.

PS ... I have no problem with the new title but I bet it will still be called The Caravan Club by the members anyway.

Moderator Comment - Moved here from the Story Section

Takethedogalong replied on 02/04/2017 00:21

Posted on 02/04/2017 00:21

Oh dear Roy. I can only assume that you don't read on here, or Facebook, or receive the Club magazine, but it has been a major topic of conversation for a couple of months now. There are lots of threads to read on here about the changes, if you want to find out more, and member reactions to the changes. 

You are correct in the respect of the name change though, most folks seem to think of it as the CC still!  A bit of change is probably long overdue, but so long as folks still get away and stay at some nice places, that's what is most important.

Riba replied on 02/04/2017 08:43

Posted on 02/04/2017 08:43

I'm assuming that this is an April fools, either that or you've been living under a rock 😂

replied on 02/04/2017 14:13

Posted on 02/04/2017 14:13

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Randomcamper replied on 02/04/2017 15:13

Posted on 02/04/2017 14:13 by

It could just be that Roy has a life beyond Caravan Club politics and maybe also recycles the magazine unopened.

Posted on 02/04/2017 15:13

In fairness David, if he has much of a life outside Caravan Club politics he wont be greatly bothered by the word "motorhome" being inserted into the clubs title....

It's hardly earth shattering....

DavidKlyne replied on 02/04/2017 15:40

Posted on 02/04/2017 15:40

Every member was sent a letter explaining the change. Every member that has signed up for electronic communications with have been sent an e-mail. Since the change everyone should have received at least one magazine. Since the changed everyone should have received their site handbook all of which have the new name and logo on them. Unless the OP has been away from home since the announcement of the rebranding its difficult to understand how in some form or another he was not aware of the change?

David

Takethedogalong replied on 02/04/2017 16:09

Posted on 02/04/2017 16:09

And the new stickers, along with a letter in an old logo envelope, so that it didn't confuse folks........

Tinwheeler replied on 02/04/2017 16:25

Posted on 02/04/2017 16:25

Ah yes, the stickers. I think I 'filed' mine. I have a much nicer one now......

Helen Aaron replied on 03/04/2017 15:51

Posted on 03/04/2017 15:51

Hi Roy

I am sorry that you didn't receive communication from us and that the first you heard of the rebrand was via your renewal documents. I'm glad you are happy with the new name!!

If you need any more information just call in and speak to one of us but as it is stated above there has been plenty of Social Media coverage and communications sent out via all channels in the past few weeks.

You post implies you haven't had a new 2017/18 Sites Directory either? Let me know if you need one and I'll get one out to you ASAP.

Thanks all

Helen

DavidKlyne replied on 03/04/2017 21:12

Posted on 03/04/2017 15:51 by Helen Aaron

Hi Roy

I am sorry that you didn't receive communication from us and that the first you heard of the rebrand was via your renewal documents. I'm glad you are happy with the new name!!

If you need any more information just call in and speak to one of us but as it is stated above there has been plenty of Social Media coverage and communications sent out via all channels in the past few weeks.

You post implies you haven't had a new 2017/18 Sites Directory either? Let me know if you need one and I'll get one out to you ASAP.

Thanks all

Helen

Posted on 03/04/2017 21:12

Helen

I moved this thread from the Story Section. If it is a genuine problem hopefully the OP will reply to you. However if it was just an attempt at an April Fool story, it was posted on 1st April, perhaps he might not. As he is a member might it be an idea to contact him direct?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook