Non payment of Van stolen August 17

Petal1026 replied on 25/01/2018 19:56

Posted on 25/01/2018 19:56

Anyone else still waiting for Caravan club /Devit to pay out on stolen van?  I had a van stolen in August 17 from a site in Oxfordshire, after so many irrelevant questions, the latest being where was our van advertised and who did we buy it from, I am still awaiting payment......I have probably done more in trying to locate this van than the Caravan Club, Devit, the Police and the assessors put together including contacting Highways England to search on their cctv cameras as well as to this day scouring for sale ads throughout the country!!! We remain out of pocket in excess of £12500....

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

AJB replied on 28/01/2018 19:02

Posted on 28/01/2018 19:02

I've wondered before why this isn't the case!  The wheel lock would always be visible - and hopefully act as a further deterrent.

I think the answer will be that Al-Ko only put it on one side - for ALL markets.  They won't want to change it just for the UK!!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook