ULEZ

Mike5635 replied on 30/08/2023 11:19

Posted on 30/08/2023 11:19

Is it really cost effective now to visit one of the four sites that are within in the new ULEZ, lots of members have older cars that have passed there MOT but will have to pay the £12,50 a day. So will it be really worth it to visit these sites.

Moderator Comment - Questions should be asked in the Discussion Area, not Stories.

Oneputt replied on 01/09/2023 15:48

Posted on 31/08/2023 15:56 by Twos more then one

The charge is an incentive to change the vehicle to a ULEZ compliant vehicle ,not a charge to stop vehicles entering the zone
ULEZ is about clean air, and the health of those that are sensitive to poor air quality

Posted on 01/09/2023 15:48

So the mayor quotes a number of 4000 people dying of air pollution in the U.K.  when if fact since 2001 there has only been one death certificate produce showing air pollution as a cause of death.

Office of National Statistics 

it is unusual for wider contextual factors such as exposure to pollution or air quality to be recorded among the causes of death. One death in England and Wales in the period 2001 to 2021 had exposure to air pollution (International Classification of Diseases, Tenth revision (ICD-10) code Z581) recorded on the death certificate.

cyberyacht replied on 02/09/2023 08:38

Posted on 02/09/2023 08:38

In the light of posts by Lukeledge and Young Thomas who, it would appear have similar vehicles, I have today submitted an online enquiry to TfL as to why my classification has changed. I wait with bated breath. In the absence of a response, I'm wondering whether it's worth contacting a newspaper, the Daily Mail perhaps, to raise the issue.

For further clarification my engine is 150bhp and plated at 3500Kg.

young thomas replied on 02/09/2023 08:56

Posted on 02/09/2023 08:38 by cyberyacht

In the light of posts by Lukeledge and Young Thomas who, it would appear have similar vehicles, I have today submitted an online enquiry to TfL as to why my classification has changed. I wait with bated breath. In the absence of a response, I'm wondering whether it's worth contacting a newspaper, the Daily Mail perhaps, to raise the issue.

For further clarification my engine is 150bhp and plated at 3500Kg.

Posted on 02/09/2023 08:56

Is My Campervan Compliant?

One aspect of determining whether your Camper meets the regulations, is quite straightforward. All the charging zones use the same standards to determine whether vehicles comply.

For petrol and hybrid campers, they have to comply with the Euro 4 Euro emission standard. Any petrol or hybrid vehicle registered from 1st January 2006 is ULEZ compliant.
For diesel campers, they have to comply with the Euro 6 Euro emission standard. Any Diesel vehicle registered from 1st September 2015 is ULEZ compliant.

CY, the above is from this website....

https://campervanco.com/media/uk-ulez-charges-affect-campervans#
obviously need to confirm officially, as below, but this suggests yours should be compliant.

As Wales and Northern Ireland are not currently participating in vehicle charging schemes, you can drive around their cities without charge. For Scotland and England, you need to check your charges.

Each nation has its own number plate checker website, which gives you the latest details of charges you can incur, and details of possible exemptions available, if you are not compliant.

Scotland Checker: https://www.lowemissionzones.scot/vehicle-registration-checker
England Checker: https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details

cyberyacht replied on 05/09/2023 13:33

Posted on 05/09/2023 13:33

Checked the situation on the link you suggested for England and, with the exception of Portsmouth, where I'd catch my local bus anyway, they all want a few quid. It doesn't, however, have anything about TfL ULEZ.

Is your engine 150bhp without AdBlu the same as mine?

young thomas replied on 05/09/2023 18:28

Posted on 05/09/2023 18:28

Yes, but a year newer that yours and in that period after Sept '16, where I posted earlier where the euro 6 engine was released.

Mike5635 replied on 10/09/2023 09:12

Posted on 10/09/2023 09:12

I think the best way to beat the ULEZ is to hope the people of Greater London vote out Mr Khan. If I pay £12.50 the air won’t change it will still be the same, I’m grumbling because I’m fed up with being ripped off because I enjoy caravanning.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook