ULEZ

Mike5635 replied on 30/08/2023 11:19

Posted on 30/08/2023 11:19

Is it really cost effective now to visit one of the four sites that are within in the new ULEZ, lots of members have older cars that have passed there MOT but will have to pay the £12,50 a day. So will it be really worth it to visit these sites.

Moderator Comment - Questions should be asked in the Discussion Area, not Stories.

LLM replied on 31/08/2023 08:01

Posted on 30/08/2023 22:59 by Fozzie

I thought rule of thumb, is if the vehicle uses Adblue its compliant,i.e.Euro 6 ,no Adblue Euro 5. non compliant.

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:01

My van does not use AdBlue.  Yet it still shows as compliant. Could this be because section V of the V5C is entirely blank, i.e. it contains no information? 

LLM replied on 31/08/2023 08:10

Posted on 31/08/2023 07:39 by cyberyacht

I checked my March 2016 registered van some months ago and it came up compliant. With the expansion of the zone being imminent, I checked it again about ten days ago and it is now non-compliant.

"We want to stop these vehicles killing people" but for Β£12.50 a day you can have a 007 licence to kill.

Why has my van now become non-compliant? Do I trust this lot - not an inch.

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:10

I also have little faith but presumably if the system says my vehicle in complaint then there will be no charge and no fine, or am I being naïve? πŸ€”

Oneputt replied on 31/08/2023 08:16

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:16

Surely if a vehicle is non compliant why not ban them all together otherwise charging is just a cash cowsurprised

young thomas replied on 31/08/2023 08:17

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:17

From MMM...22/06/2016

Fiat launches Euro VI engines for Ducato

The base vehicle used in the majority of European motorhome conversions, the Fiat Ducato, has been upgraded with the introduction of a range of Euro VI engines. The engines all use Low Pressure Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (LPEGR) to lower NOx emissions without, says Fiat, the complexity, added weight and additional costs associated with using emission additives like AdBlue.

Other base vehicle manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz and Peugeot use the AdBlue solution to achieve Euro VI compliance. AdBlue is an additive that users have to purchase and fill into a small (typically a 15 to 20-litre tank) which will last about 6,000 miles between refills.

CY, mine still says compliant on TFL site...πŸ‘

young thomas replied on 31/08/2023 08:35

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:35

I looked a bit deeper and got confused by the LEZ and the ULEZ which seem to cover the same area but refer to different (and separate) ways of 'charging'...

apparently (and I may be completely wrong on this) the LEZ is aimed at heavier vehicles and it may be that MH over 3.5t (and some lorries and busses) are affected...perhaps to the tune of £100/£200 per day?

the ULEZ seems to be purely emissions based (rather than type of vehicle based) and there is a checker for this...

it may be that CY and LLM vans are ULEZ (emissions) compliant but not LEZ compliant as they are over 3.5t?

I didn't even realise the two schemes covered the same area🀷🏻‍♂️

https://ulez.co.uk/whats-the-difference-between-ulez-and-lez/

vbfg replied on 31/08/2023 08:45

Posted on 31/08/2023 07:39 by cyberyacht

I checked my March 2016 registered van some months ago and it came up compliant. With the expansion of the zone being imminent, I checked it again about ten days ago and it is now non-compliant.

"We want to stop these vehicles killing people" but for Β£12.50 a day you can have a 007 licence to kill.

Why has my van now become non-compliant? Do I trust this lot - not an inch.

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:45

I would wonder why it has changed from compliant to non compliant as well!  Are you going to ask them and let us know?  Do I trust them?  Well after receiving a penalty notice for non payment of vehicle tax when I had already received an e-mail telling me that my vehicle was taxed, I don't trust any of "that lot", either!  I did receive a letter of apology telling me that it was due to "human error", which perhaps gives us a clue as to the standard of personnel, employed by the DVLA and other Government agencies these days!  

My M/H is 20 years old so I would guess that it is definitely non compliant, but it would not surprise me if my guess is more accurate than their system is!

LLM replied on 31/08/2023 08:58

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:58

I'm more confused than ever πŸ˜•.  I checked my van again and I would have to pay the congestion charge in central London, wherever that is. but it still shows compliant for ULEZ.  

On a slightly different tack how does one get a replacement V5C?  The one for the van looks as if it's dried after it had a swim with great whites and got a bit nibbled.  

Lukeledge replied on 31/08/2023 09:21

Posted on 31/08/2023 09:21

Just rechecked my van 2015/6 Ducato 2.3 which is definitely Euro 5 and it is compliant with all the UK emission zones.

Lukeledge replied on 31/08/2023 09:27

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:58 by LLM

I'm more confused than ever πŸ˜•.  I checked my van again and I would have to pay the congestion charge in central London, wherever that is. but it still shows compliant for ULEZ.  

On a slightly different tack how does one get a replacement V5C?  The one for the van looks as if it's dried after it had a swim with great whites and got a bit nibbled.  

Posted on 31/08/2023 09:27

The congestion charge is separate from the ULEZ and almost every vehicle apart from the few on the exemption list have to pay, even the clean vehicle discount is ending soon. The zone is much smaller than the ULEZ in Central London

DavidKlyne replied on 31/08/2023 09:27

Posted on 31/08/2023 08:16 by Oneputt

Surely if a vehicle is non compliant why not ban them all together otherwise charging is just a cash cowsurprised

Posted on 31/08/2023 09:27

Whilst there is some logic in that suggestion the problem is that it immediately disenfranchises those with non compliant vehicles. At least by making a charge you have a sort of choice? There has been a lot of concentration on the London scheme of late but similar things are happening all around the country. I am sure the same arguments we are witnessing now about the expansion of ULEZ in London happened when they expanded it initially to the North and South Circular roads. People seem to have got over that and I am sure we will learn to live with it?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook