ACSI 2017 books and card

replied on 23/11/2016 15:34

Posted on 23/11/2016 15:34

My son who is a member of the 'friendly club' has just ordered from them the 2017 ACSI books and card for £11.99 post free.

The books and are not currentlyavailable from the Caravan Club at any price. Why?

SteveL replied on 23/11/2016 16:24

Posted on 23/11/2016 16:24

I am also interested in the 2017 edition. I just checked on the ACSI website and although you appear to be able to order it, they are only showing delivery times for the 2016 version. Do you know how long your son has to wait until it is dispatched.

replied on 23/11/2016 16:29

Posted on 23/11/2016 16:29

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

ValDa replied on 23/11/2016 17:08

Posted on 23/11/2016 17:08

The books are usually available from ACSI, direct, and from Vicarious Books at Folkestone, about the middle of December.  Both take early orders and then despatch once they are printed.  Perhaps the Caravan Club will probably put them on sale once they receive their allocation of books?

The price for the book from 'the other club' is a very good one, comparing well with the price from ACSI direct - especially with the current exchange rate.

Whatever way you buy them, they won't actually be available 'in your hand' yet.

Vicmallows replied on 23/11/2016 17:24

Posted on 23/11/2016 17:24

As already discussed on another thread, none of this helps those of us who leave late November/early December.  I just wish ACSI would get their system in order. We don't need the physical books .... just the valid card for 2017 !

ValDa replied on 23/11/2016 17:24

Posted on 23/11/2016 17:24

You can also order them from >Vicarious Books<.

peedee

The price from Vicarious Books is £17.00 including postage.  The Caravanning and Camping Club deal isn't available to non-members, except with a £20.00 supplement, so for the majority buying directly from ACSI is probably still the cheapest method.  It would cost €14.95 euros plus €2 postage, or with an annual subscription it comes down to €11.95 plus €2 postage, or cheaper still if you also buy the ACSI ID Card.  It is available to order from the ACSI Card website now www.campingcard. co.uk

IanH replied on 23/11/2016 19:54

Posted on 23/11/2016 19:54

We took out an annual subsciption at the start of this year. I think the minimum commitment was two years.

Do they just send out the new card and book at some point? Any idea when?

ValDa replied on 23/11/2016 20:59

Posted on 23/11/2016 20:59

We took out an annual subsciption at the start of this year. I think the minimum commitment was two years.

Do they just send out the new card and book at some point? Any idea when?

Generally you will get an email for the 'first renewal' asking if you want to continue your subscription.  If you say 'Yes' then it will run annually until you ask for it to be stopped and the books will usually be sent out in mid to late December (or perhaps late, like last year).  Those travelling during November and December can have the guide and card posted to a forwarding address, or buy the guide from a number of campsites in Spain (list here).  It's useful to have an up to date guide, as sites accepting the card can change substantially from one year to another and generally each year there are more and more sites in the scheme.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook