ACSI 2017 books and card

replied on 23/11/2016 15:34

Posted on 23/11/2016 15:34

My son who is a member of the 'friendly club' has just ordered from them the 2017 ACSI books and card for £11.99 post free.

The books and are not currentlyavailable from the Caravan Club at any price. Why?

DavidKlyne replied on 24/11/2016 00:09

Posted on 24/11/2016 00:09

My son who is a member of the 'friendly club' has just ordered from them the 2017 ACSI books and card for £11.99 post free.

The books and are not currentlyavailable from the Caravan Club at any price. Why?

If I remember correctly the C&CC used run their own sites abroad discount scheme but in the end decided to Partner with ACSI. If I am right the C&CC ACSI books might have their logo on it. So in that sense the have a greater tie in with ACSI than the Caravan Club who just sell the directory and card.

David

peedee replied on 24/11/2016 07:50

Posted on 24/11/2016 07:50

I got my 2016 card from the C&CC and have already ordered the 2017 card from them, there is no indication of any link between them and ACSI on the 2016 card or books. I think both are members of the FICC the CC is not, a tenuous link. It is more likely the CC hasn't got its skates on.

£17 from Vicarious Books, thanks for pointing that out Val, scadalous, glad I ordered from the C&CC. in support of next years trip/s

peedee

DavidKlyne replied on 24/11/2016 09:34

Posted on 24/11/2016 09:34

I have recently paid £15.50 for my 2017 ACSI book from Vicarious including postage. They always offer a pre ordering discount.

David

m0rrisman replied on 24/11/2016 14:06

Posted on 24/11/2016 14:06

Will an ACSI card help.  I am hoping to go to Holland next spring (half term)  at peak time, sowill there be discounts available as I have seen reports that discounts are little or nill at these times

Surfer replied on 24/11/2016 14:40

Posted on 24/11/2016 14:40

We bought as a one off last year so this year will probably go down the subscription route.  What is annoying is that using the campingcard website you cannot see any prices or availibility for 2017.

replied on 24/11/2016 15:30

Posted on 24/11/2016 15:30

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 26/11/2016 23:22

Posted on 26/11/2016 23:22

I am also interested in the 2017 edition. I just checked on the ACSI website and although you appear to be able to order it, they are only showing delivery times for the 2016 version. Do you know how long your son has to wait until it is dispatched.

Write your comments here...

I am also interested in the 2017 edition. I just checked on the ACSI website and although you appear to be able to order it, they are only showing delivery times for the 2016 version. Do you know how long your son has to wait until it is dispatched...

.The 'friendly club' web site indicated the usual mid December delivery. Buying direct from ACSI by D/D means committing to buying for two years and giving a none UK company your bank details. Remember, your bank cannot stop'continueing authority D/D' only the company with the authority.

SteveL replied on 27/11/2016 12:05

Posted on 27/11/2016 12:05

I am also interested in the 2017 edition. I just checked on the ACSI website and although you appear to be able to order it, they are only showing delivery times for the 2016 version. Do you know how long your son has to wait until it is dispatched...

.The 'friendly club' web site indicated the usual mid December delivery. Buying direct from ACSI by D/D means committing to buying for two years and giving a none UK company your bank details. Remember, your bank cannot stop'continueing authority D/D' only the company with the authority.

As far as I could see on the ACSI website you could just buy it for a year if you wanted. Signing up to DD just meant it worked out cheaper. Are you sure about  stopping a DD, because on my online banking I have the facility to terminate them, or at least I thought I did. I also thought it was what the unscrupulous did in the time before numberplate recognition and direct links to driver details, in order to get an insurance certificate.

ValDa replied on 27/11/2016 22:18

Posted on 27/11/2016 22:18

As far as I could see on the ACSI website you could just buy it for a year if you wanted. Signing up to DD just meant it worked out cheaper. Are you sure about  stopping a DD, because on my online banking I have the facility to terminate them, or at least I thought I did. I also thought it was what the unscrupulous did in the time before numberplate recognition and direct links to driver details, in order to get an insurance certificate.

The initial commitment is for a year.  They ask at the end of that year if you want to continue your 'subscription'.

I can end Direct Debits from my bank account, and it's a simple process on line, or in the bank.  I think what is being referred to is a Continuing Payment Authority, and not a direct debit, but even then the advice that you can't cancel isn't correct.

Googling MoneySavingExpert.com tells me: 

Recurring payments (also called continuous payment authorities - CPAs) feel like direct debits but aren't. They allow companies to take money whenever they think they're owed, so it's important to know when you can cancel and whether you can switch to direct debits.

Recurring payments are often used by payday lenders, ... websites and subscription websites. Until 2009, only the company could cancel them, you couldn’t. Yet you now have a right to tell your bank to cancel. We tell you how to do this, and what you can do if the bank doesn't play ball.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook