Site Directory and Map 2017/2018

SteveL replied on 23/11/2016 08:39

Posted on 23/11/2016 08:39

The sooner the Club introduce a paperless subsciption the less waste there will be.

peedee

Could not agree more, a digital service is long overdue.

However, does it say what use the internet means. If it includes streaming TV from a device that has been set up for the purpose, that is slightly different from using it as a replacement for a paper service.

peedee replied on 23/11/2016 08:46

Posted on 23/11/2016 08:46

However, does it say what use the internet means. If it includes streaming TV from a device that has been set up for the purpose, that is slightly different from using it as a replacement for a paper service.

Does it really matter, generally if you can stream TV you can access many other services. Even the latest Smart TVs allow you to browse the internet.

peedee

SteveL replied on 23/11/2016 09:11

Posted on 23/11/2016 09:11

Does it really matter, generally if you can stream TV you can access many other services. Even the latest Smart TVs allow you to browse the internet.

peedee

I was thinking more about services such as Sky, which a fair chunk of the population subscribe to. We don't have a smart TV but I can stream catch up and boxed sets. It is no more difficult than programming something on the live feed to record.  If these type of figures are included in the statistics it would lead to inflation in percentages, particularly in the higher age groups, in my opinion. I do find the 65 to 74 higher than I would have thought for normal browsing etc.

replied on 23/11/2016 09:42

Posted on 23/11/2016 09:42

I have at least a dozen friends over 65 that use the internet regularly when at home. They mostly have some data time on their phone packages. Never known any of them use mobile phone for browsing although they do pick up e-mails automatically. 

peedee replied on 23/11/2016 10:59

Posted on 23/11/2016 10:59

I was thinking more about services such as Sky, which a fair chunk of the population subscribe to.

I didn't read the item about internet use thoroughly but I I have found >this item< which may shed further light on the subject but what >the item I browsed< did identify was that the fastest growth in use was the elderly specifically the over 75s.

I have no knowledge of how Sky TV works with respect to streaming TV programs but I would have thought a broadband connection would be required. If you have to pay for that then why would you not use it to provide other services?

One thing for sure is the majority of the population is on line for one reasons or another and figures like only 60/65 percent are rubbish.

peedee

peedee replied on 23/11/2016 11:18

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:18

Never known any of them use mobile phone for browsing although they do pick up e-mails automatically. 

Didn't everyone start out just using mobile phones for texting and emails. It is not much of a step to start using them for other things.

peedee

Kennine replied on 23/11/2016 11:49

Posted on 23/11/2016 11:49

The above is from the Office of National Statistics,

The sooner the Club introduce a paperless subsciption the less waste there will be.

peedee

Write your comments here...Absolutely -- And to speed the process up the CC should offer a discounted membership fee for those who are helping to save the planet. 

Cheers..........K

Fisherman replied on 23/11/2016 14:02

Posted on 23/11/2016 14:02

My printed 2017 price list came today. Good service and a happy bunny. No need to waste my monies on stupid new phones that does everything except get a signal in ruraL areas

Tammygirl replied on 23/11/2016 17:41

Posted on 23/11/2016 17:41

My Sony cost £35 and can access the internet although I do not use it. I use the internet as I feel appropriate but do feel many people overuse it and no longer consider what is the most appropriate method of communication.

Having said that I cannot think of anyone I know who does not use it to some extent even my 90 year old mother so the 95% figure might be right.

I know of 2 men in my village both in their 70s who don't have internet, either on their phones or in the house. They rely solely on the guides and maps. The don't have satnavs either. The have both vanned since they were in their 20s and don't see the need for any modern stuff Laughing don't you just love em!

cyberyacht replied on 24/11/2016 05:50

Posted on 24/11/2016 05:50

The quill pen has no moving parts to go wrong and is not reliant on electricity. Luddism can have its advantages.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook