Hyundai membership offer disappointment

jasonjarrow replied on 06/05/2017 07:27

Posted on 06/05/2017 07:27

Has anyone else had problems with members offers for tow car discounts?

I recently took up what looked like a fantastic members offer the caravan have on their website regarding great discounts on buying a new Hyundai tow car with excellent discounts

Because we purchased before the 1st of April this included a free tow bar with electrics and fitting

While being really pleased at getting such a great deal on the new car this has been soured by the problems I'm having getting the towbar fitted firstly the vehicle sat at the docks for 18 days supposedly to have this fitted but the team at the docks firstly said they only had the tow bar and not the electrics and although we now have the car we are still waiting for the tow bar parts which my local dealers will gladly fit straight away if the parts ever arrive and while this goes on I'm rapidly approaching our planned next holiday with our caravan which at the rate it is going we will end up having to cancel our holiday

i would have thought they would be better prepared in regards to having these parts available before offering a free tow bar

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 06/05/2017 10:04

Posted on 06/05/2017 10:04

JJ, yes there has been an issue reported quite recently. I can't remember the details or the thread(sorryfrown) hopefully someone with better powers of recall than I have will be along to help further. Good lucksmile. PS-failing further help you could contact 'Rowena' for guidance, She is the forum Manager.

Tinwheeler replied on 06/05/2017 10:25

Posted on 06/05/2017 10:25

It was Qashqai who had similar tow bar problems with a new X-Trail. He got the club involved and they intervened to sort it wth Nissan. 

IanH replied on 06/05/2017 18:37

Posted on 06/05/2017 18:37

That is a shame, because it did look like a very good deal.

It seems very odd that your Hyundai dealer cannot obtain a wiring kit for a towbar, for a Hyundai car that is often sold for towing.

jasonjarrow replied on 06/05/2017 20:41

Posted on 06/05/2017 20:41

Yes I can't help but think even though they offered free tow bar and fitting that they are hoping I will say forget it and sort one myself but it's principle really and I also now I won't get one ordered and fitted before date of our holiday so the pessimist in me still thinks I'm going to need to reschedule next trip 

Wildwood replied on 07/05/2017 11:02

Posted on 07/05/2017 11:02

The contract said you get a free towbar and electrics. They are legally obliged to supply that and are in breach of the contract. I would write and say that if the matter is not resolved within say seven or fourteen days that you will have the fitting done and sue them in the small claims court. You are perfectly entitled to do this.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 07/05/2017 11:22

Posted on 07/05/2017 11:22

WW, would it pay to use the Trading Standards as I'm sure that would help?

Tinwheeler replied on 07/05/2017 13:35

Posted on 07/05/2017 13:35

If the club sorted it for the other member, they should help here. It doesn't reflect well on CAMC otherwise.

Randomcamper replied on 07/05/2017 14:47

Posted on 07/05/2017 14:47

"firstly the vehicle sat at the docks for 18 days supposedly to have this fitted but the team at the docks"

This sounds strange to me, I've owned dozens of foreign cars over the years but the last place I would expect it to be fitted with a towbar would be on the docks....??

Surely the supplying dealer or a nearby towbar fitter will/should be doing it....??

Are you being fobbed off with a load of baloney...?

scoutman replied on 07/05/2017 17:09

Posted on 07/05/2017 17:09

I too believe you are being fobbed off and being told a load of porkies. My last two tow cars, both Ssangyong Korandos, have had free tow bars ,Club Schemes, fitted by the dealer no problems nor delays. Take this further via the Club.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook