Club AGM 2022

brue replied on 31/10/2022 19:00

Posted on 31/10/2022 07:32 by CholseyGrange

I have attended a number of AGMs in person in the past.  The Treasurer loves telling a shaggy dog story and thinks he is rather good at it.  Personally I'd rather he just got on with his job.  On the other hand it does inject a small amount of feint humour (for those who 'get' it) into a tedious affair of back-slapping.

Posted on 31/10/2022 19:00

But is the humour an indirect reference to some of the membership if so I remember a certain jewellery company director who thought it was fun to knock the customers.....frown

Worrying to read these references. 

Something needs to change.

Good to hear that you were there and could report back  thanks! 

brue replied on 04/11/2022 10:29

Posted on 04/11/2022 10:29

Oh no, dear oh dear?! frown (just had a read through  after reading a CL owner's post on Trust Pilot too.)

replied on 04/11/2022 10:45

Posted on 04/11/2022 10:45

Content has been removed.

SteveL replied on 04/11/2022 11:45

Posted on 04/11/2022 11:45

The new system was widely and extensively tested, in fact, the Club spent several years garnering the opinion of members and working closely with a working group of members and staff to design the most appropriate system.

The new booking system is fundamentally designed to perform as a 'late/future availability' search tool, and therefore the separate web page is no longer required.

Those two replies just about say it all. They really have no idea what members actually want and are making it up as they go along.

brue replied on 04/11/2022 11:56

Posted on 04/11/2022 11:56

The bit about "we'll get used to it" was so disingenuous when so much is missing and malfunctioning.

Hja replied on 04/11/2022 12:14

Posted on 04/11/2022 12:14

There is a comment in one answer that deposit won’t be lost if you change site during your holiday. That doesn’t seem to match what others have been told. Or is it just a lost deposit if you make the same alteration before your holiday? 

peedee replied on 04/11/2022 12:15

Posted on 04/11/2022 12:15

i have no doubt they used several sources to "garner" the opinion of members, certainlly of 2 to 3 years of surveys and social media posts but I have yet to be aware of anyone who contributed to a user requirement specification. User Specs are never perfect even if you discount designer misunderstandings. However, how was something so obvious as directions to sites left out?

I don't have a problem with the statement of being designed for late/future availability. The map is a pretty good indicator of the likelyhood of it whether this month or in 6 months in the future. I don't see it as essential to present availability in any other way on the web site.

peedee

SteveL replied on 04/11/2022 12:45

Posted on 04/11/2022 12:45

I don't have a problem with the statement of being designed for late/future availability. The map is a pretty good indicator of the likelyhood of it whether this month or in 6 months in the future. I don't see it as essential to present availability in any other way on the web site.

I don’t either, but then the map scrolls and zooms very well on all my devices. From what I’ve read on this and the other thread that is not always the case, even with not very old equipment.

eurortraveller replied on 04/11/2022 13:45

Posted on 04/11/2022 10:29 by brue

Oh no, dear oh dear?! frown (just had a read through  after reading a CL owner's post on Trust Pilot too.)

Posted on 04/11/2022 13:45

Thanks for pointing it out - though I came away thinking that CL owner is relying too much on theClub for his advertising, marketing and publicity. - and is complaining too much.about the Club. He could instead think how he would sell his site if he ran a “grown up” site outside the Club altogether. Lots of owners do that successfully. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook